Hey Bloodwinter Thanes!

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Joshll
Donkey Fucker

Hey Bloodwinter Thanes!

Postby Joshll » Tue Feb 18, 2003 6:59 am

...Answer me this:

I'm just curious why every Thane I speak with calls Static Tempest a worthless RA. It seems to me it is very similar to a Wardens Thornweed Field which I think is one of the most disruptive ones out there.

Static Tempest from the Herald:
"Ground-targetted radius cloud spell that lasts 30 seconds. Every 7 seconds anyone near the object representing the center of the cloud is stunned for 3 seconds"

Thornweed Field from the Herald
"Ground-targetted cloud spell that lasts 30 seconds. Every 5 seconds, anyone within radius of the object representing the center of the cloud takes damage and is 35% snared. The damage is percent based, and goes up with the user's level."

So educate me. Why doesn't anyone get this? Seems to me that using this on a cluster of casters, healers, or archers would pretty much take them out of the fight for 30 seconds just like Thornweed Field does.... I heard this was broken once apon a time, is it still? Or is this the most under-rated midgard RA?
retired

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:16 am

#1- Reason for me would be the 14 point cost. After you spend 23 points on lifeline (IP=3FA/6FA2/14) then precede to snag purge the point cost is a huge factor. Thanes usually go with at least a level or two in Aug. Con or HP to counterbalance their gimpass hit scale.

#2- Josh I always thought Static Tempest looked great on paper but the reports of everyone who used ST (a lot of Thanes when RA was released) were very negative. Although it is possible the RA has not been used correctly often, it does not draw a lot of use in large part to negative reports and point cost IMO.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Mourningblade
Crotch Pheasant

Postby Mourningblade » Wed Feb 19, 2003 1:28 pm

Last i heard, static tempest was still broken/not working right.

Not 100% sure that is still the case.

"I want to leave this world the same way I entered it....screaming and covered in someone else's blood."

Return to “Gaming Discussion”