Rogue Template:

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Beratuul
Ass Jammer

Rogue Template:

Postby Beratuul » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:42 pm

Since a lot of you fuckers are rolling up Rogues, I might as well post what I've read and found out from playing one. I think at this point I am going around 23 assasination, 26 Sub, and the 2 eill either go into combat, or whatever else I figure out as I continue to play.

Improved Eviscerate - 3/3 points
Increases the damage done by your Eviscerate ability by 15%. A 5 pt Evis is pure and utterly deadly, especially with Cold Blood. This is a must have.

Malice - 5/5 points
Increases your critical strike chance by 5%. You have to do this.. it would be stupid not to.

Ruthlessness - 3/3 points
Gives your finishing moves a 60% chance to add a combo point to your target. This will help with longer fights. As I will 90% always open with cheap shot, its nice to vanish and have an extra skill pt as I basically work my way up to 5 pt Evis.

Relentless Strikes - 1/1 point
Your finishing moves have a 20% chance per combo point to restore 25 energy. In combo with Ruthlessness, I think this has a huge chance to cost very little energy pts when added together.

Lethality - 5/5 points
Increases the critical strike damage bonus of your Sinister Strike, Gouge, Backstab, Ambush, Ghostly Strike, or Hemorrhage ability by 30%. I can't see how you could not do this.

Improved Instant Poison - 5/5 points
Increases the chance to apply Instant Poison to your target by 10%.
This shit is important verse casters. If I am applying my crippling poison to stop runners or the other one to give mages a 40% casting delay, I need to land one, so 5 pts = nice.

Cold Blood - 1/1 point
When activated, increases the critical strike chance of your next Sinister Strike, Backstab, Ambush, or Eviscerate by 100%. This shit is intense.

Combat Talents (2 points)

Improved Sinister Strike - 2/2 points
Reduces the Energy cost of your Sinister Strike ability by 5 Energy.
I think I am going to lead this way. I think it might save me some energy, I will either do this or Seal Fate. I am still not exactly sure yet.

Subtlety Talents (26 points)

Master of Deception - 5/5 points
Reduces the chance enemies have to detect you while in Stealth mode. More effective than Master of Deception (Rank 4) I like this because I am not in a huge rush to get to anyone. No one plays a game running around from asasasins. Not being seen is my life blood as a crit rogue.

Elusiveness - 5/5 points
Reduces the cooldown of your Evasion, Vanish, and Blind abilities by 1.3 minutes. From 5 minutes to just over 3. Yes !

Initiative - 5/5 points
Gives you a 75% chance to add an additional combo point to your target when using your Ambush, Garrote, or Cheap Shot ability. A Must have. If I vanish and use Cheap Shot again, this is big, can give an extra 2 combo pts.

Improved Sap - 3/3 points
Adds a 90% chance to return to stealth mode after using your Sap ability.
If you want to ever kill 2 players of equal level of a rogue, you need this.

Improved Cheap Shot - 1/2 point
Reduces the Energy cost of your Cheap Shot ability by 10. I like this for 1 pt. I think its worth an extra 10.

Preparation - 1/1 point
When activated, this ability immediately finishes the cooldown on your other Rogue abilities. Duh.

Hemorrhage - 1/1 point
An instant strike that damages the opponent and causes the target to hermorrhage, increasing any Physical damage dealt to the target by up to 3. Lasts 30 charges or 15 seconds. Awards 1 combo point. I think after cheap shot, this will be the shit. A little extra dmg always helps.

At this point I will still have a couple pts to play over with, but I think bar far these are what are most important as a crit rogue. I know some of you might want to go Combat. I think thats a bit better as a pve player, but I am going straight for quick pvp kills. I don't want to fuck around and tank. This spec isn't great for solo'ing, but with a Shaman tank, you can run shit through.

Some things people might want to think about is Improved Ambush for those ultimate crit shots for mages. Or some pts into Seal Fate for an extra 5 pt Evis etc. Even camo if you want or expect to fight a lot of rogues and want to have a better chance of getting the first hit in, after all first hit with rogues = good chance you win.

Basically what I do in pvp fights is Cheap Shot, Sinister a couple times, then gouge. Wait a couple seconds to get some energry and 5 pt evis. At this point, if its a mage, I've usually landed a poison and can kick if he tries anything. Being undead also helps as you will get feared a fuckload of the time, and when they try to run, its nice to have the Forsaken Will and Crippling poison on them. If they are a melee or rogue class, you can always Vanish at this point and cheap shot again, and basically the same thing. When I get Hemmorage, I will add that in after cheap shot for more dot.

Don't forget I still have sprint, elusiveness etc. If shit gets hairy, pop eluvisness and evade like a mad man for 10 seconds. Its nice.

Any comments or spec variations, I'd be glad to hear, I've kinda stolen this from a couple people, and tested it myself. It seems to work. I win a majority of my battles. Pallies are basically iffy because they can immune and heal, and if they do that, just cease combat and use first aid, or just run.
Casper, Svenegal, Tassadar, Maurs, Maurier, Perigrine, Du Maurier ( I go by these names).

My shit tastes like corn.

Kirt
Ass Jammer

Postby Kirt » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:58 am

cheap ass easymode pussies is all i have to say for most rogues
Daoc - Devon cluster / killibury cluster

WoW - 60 warrior - 49 warlock

X- Cleric - http://members.cox.net/dsquared10/DAOCKIR.jpg

Pinkerton
Incompetent To0l

Postby Pinkerton » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:58 pm

My understanding is that Improved Instant Poison is only for Instant poison, and therefore won't work for Crippling/Deadly/Wounding. I'm not sure if that's what you want.
killets' mom has one arm. she swims in circles.

Beratuul
Ass Jammer

Postby Beratuul » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:19 pm

Will have to chcek into that Pink, thx.

Kirt: what even respond to your retarded comment =/
Casper, Svenegal, Tassadar, Maurs, Maurier, Perigrine, Du Maurier ( I go by these names).

Kirt
Ass Jammer

Postby Kirt » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:02 am

that would be won't respond to my comment tho it is true ! :onfire:

Beratuul
Ass Jammer

Postby Beratuul » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:46 pm

Hunters, Mages and Melee are way easier to play. If pussy you mean by stealting? sure.. Everyone gets a stun though, so how exactly is that cheap mode? I don't get it.

Sectoid
Pathetic Chode

Postby Sectoid » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:35 pm

It's not about everyone having a stun, it's about not everyone being able to stun after stun after stun.
Kandar/Hamback

Beratuul
Ass Jammer

Postby Beratuul » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:40 pm

Cheap Shot only works if you're in stealth, so, you can only stun once, only you use vanish, and which point, you still get a chance to not be able to preform it. Druids have that insta root that they can do over and over and over and a 2 second moofire cast that does mass dmg. Druids are by far "pussier" in that context. Besides that, is this post really the place to bitch about Rogues? I mean, go to the fucking WoW boards to bitch.

Kirt
Ass Jammer

Postby Kirt » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:48 pm

druid over all are kinda on the suckass side bad example =/ but anyhow

btw my counting might be a bit off but you show only 21 points on the subtlety build the other 5 are in and the template looks fine =/

Opportunity - 5/5 points
Increases the damage dealt when striking from behind with your Backstab, Garrote, or Ambush abilities by 20%.

Beratuul
Ass Jammer

Postby Beratuul » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:32 pm

yeah, I can't add. I was looking at total points with what I wrote down. Thanks.

Sectoid
Pathetic Chode

Postby Sectoid » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:09 pm

Oh i'm not here to bitch, I don't have that much trouble with rogues, i'm just saying you said that everyone has a stun so that makes everything alright. What i'm saying is rogues can continually stun, via cheap shot/vanish or just cheap shot/kidney. Now you say that druid's are pussier yet my "instant" root is a buff that lasts for about 20 seconds and only has a 35% chance of going off when hit, not to mention it has like a 40-50sec cooldown and it is easily resisted. As for spamming moonfire, all you need is a potion of arcane resistance and no more spamming. Besides spamming moonfire will let you kill at most 1 person, then you'll be completely useless if anyone else tries to attack you.
Kandar/Hamback

Liseyth
Incompetent To0l

Postby Liseyth » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:47 am

I can't stun :(

Unless you count my racial skill. But that shouldn't count.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
- Albert Einstein

Mexal Tauren/Shaman
Ineluki Undead/Priest

Beratuul
Ass Jammer

Postby Beratuul » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:39 pm

fdgd

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:00 am

I'm not sure if you are building this around chain stunning, as I didn't really read much of the template itself, but I did notice you said something about CS and using gouge and maybe 5pt evis or vanish and CS again. My only warning, and I guess I can only give it as a "feeling" is that I don't think chain stuns will stay in the game for long. It's all well and good, albeit annoying as shit, when it happens to people now, but when pvp rewards are in, people won't accept being in a fight where they can do nothing at all to win, and I think Blizzard will change it (In all honesty I personally believe that Blizzard shouldn't even have to be pushed by the community to make this change, chain cc in general, roots/sheep/stun/snares are all bullshit, it's just that currently you have virtually no chance against a rogue that actually knows how to stunlock.)
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Return to “Gaming Discussion”