Herbalism or Mining at level 26? and where to start?

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics

What skill?

Herbalism
38%
Mining
25%
First Aid
38%

Total votes: 8

SuperHelix
A Salty Surprise

Herbalism or Mining at level 26? and where to start?

Postby SuperHelix » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:55 pm

So I took skining which is nice, but another profession?

Take Herbalism or Mining? What's easiset to get up to the 100+ of the skill the fastest?

or screw both and go first aid.

The more important part, where do I go to get either up to par of my level?

Thanks in advance.
Gundorf the uber

Adida
Ass Jammer

Postby Adida » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:25 pm

i'm going with first aid ^_^ i use that skill when i'm regen mana and i need to heal myself fast :P

Winke
Donkey Fucker

Postby Winke » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:36 pm

D ask Mourning Herbalism is a major fucking pain in the ass, I would go Mining you get decent $ for the metals.

Winke

Rhuac
Ass Jammer

Postby Rhuac » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:14 pm

Everyone can get First Aid for free. It's one of the free professions.
Rhuac
Talks Like A Gentleman

SuperHelix
A Salty Surprise

Postby SuperHelix » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:35 pm

sweet.

and why a pain in the ass, you walk up and boom its done.

Mining seems like a pain in the ass cuz its not plentiful and impossible to start now at lvl 24.
Gundorf the uber

Liseyth
Incompetent To0l

Postby Liseyth » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:38 pm

Herbalism is a pain in the ass to start now too. Where you hunt, you won't find a ton of low level plants so you'd have to go back to starter areas and hunt there until your skill is high enough. I still have to do that to get some herbs for some potions.

Now...if you want to go with like, blacksmithing, then go mining. If you're going to go with alchemy, go herbalism. If you're not going alchemy, don't go herbalism. It's a waste.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
- Albert Einstein

Mexal Tauren/Shaman
Ineluki Undead/Priest

SuperHelix
A Salty Surprise

Postby SuperHelix » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:39 pm

Well I have skinning.. so what goes with that?

What can make the most money?
Gundorf the uber

Winke
Donkey Fucker

Postby Winke » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:54 pm

LMAO "buys a blues clue for D" dude skinning is for leatherworking, Herb for Alchemy, Mining for Blacksmithing, etc skinning is more like a subskill not really a profession. Do you want a profession? go enchantment those are great for mages. You want a subskill to make money and is easy? skinning and Blacksmithing.

Winke

P.S. I would love for you to be a herbalist I need help with ingredients.

Mourningblade
Crotch Pheasant

Postby Mourningblade » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:56 pm

pick up leather crafting and make me some armor biatch!

I know from experience with winke going to pick flowers every 3 seconds that herbs are more common than minerals. Don't know how fast or slow you skill up on them tho.

I do know that most types of minerals spawn in the high lvl areas (i.e. copper, tin, etc...) And you can skill up fairly fast with a steady supply.

There is a ton of copper (not much else) around x roads, some tin and rare spawns of silver.

I just hit 135 in mining, but need 155 to mine gold and 175 to dig mith. You could power lvl pretty high fairly fast as a miner. I got about 30 tin and 5 iron from the 2 hours I spent in 1K needles last night.

On a side note, I made it to the horde outpost in Feralas but couldn't find the trainer for 150+ first aid.

Anyone know where the npc is?

"I want to leave this world the same way I entered it....screaming and covered in someone else's blood."

Rhuac
Ass Jammer

Postby Rhuac » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:37 pm

If you go herbalism, just run around silverpine around sepulcher. There's tons of low level herbs in that forest. I'll probably be going there soon to bump my skill up so I can get the herbs from the areas I hunt now.

D, drop skinning and pick 2 other professions. Skinning was just for an initial money maker. Unless of course you plan on switching to leatherworking.
Rhuac

Talks Like A Gentleman

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:51 am

It has always seemed to me that mining is the biggest pain in the ass of a trade skill ever. My mining is level 65 currently and I'm level 40 :/
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:19 am

200 alch
204 herb

4tw!!!!!!
[glow=blue]
A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject
and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:11 pm

Good strategy in general is gathering professions till 40 then swap to what you really want for cash.

For a mage I'd probably go tailor + skinning for cash, then at 40 swap out skinning for enchanting. Get tailoring high enough to make 8 slot bags (150 I think) and then sell those and cowls - which don't really drop till 30+. Enchanting is so damn expensive to level it's not worth looking at it till 40+ but when it does get high enough you should be able to make some serious cash and supply yourself with some nice bonuses. Another option is engineering for a mage - think I spotted some nice +int gear engineers can make and it looks fun in general.

I took skinning + minining on my pally. Skinning is the cash cow and mining I use to gather ingredients for new weapons/armor to provide to blacksmith friend - essentially free uber gear :)

I really think alchemy/herb is potentially going to be the best combo in the end since it's like having a buff bot :-)

EDIT: Great wool drop area are the centaurs in Thousand Needles. They drop as fast as an AFK Winke and provide massive wool drops. Good for tailors or people that just want to AH wool for cash.

Winke
Donkey Fucker

Postby Winke » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:36 pm

Well from an Alchemy/herb prespective and someone who does it its a major pain in the ass. Alchemy has so many different ingredients and many of those ingredients are located in different parts of the world. When you run out of one you have to travel to the other side of the world to collect those ingredients for 1 potion. Also some ingredients have to come from fishing wtf is that, now to keep up with Alchemy I picked up fishing, and fishing is fucking boring and slow.

Winke

killets
Ass Jammer

Postby killets » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:08 pm

why are you herbalist/alchemists having so many issues???? its the easiest f'ing trade out there.

its been easy for me so far. i started my trade late too, when i was around level 15.

i'm up to 130/130 in each, and i haven't ever had to go out of my way to skill up or make potions.

contre is already 301 herbalism/295 alchemy and he also said he never went out of his way to skill his trade. he said he did spend around 15 gold buying recipes and things like that though.
pink's dad and mom are conjoined at the waist.

friend to all bwc/scourn. like it or not.

Return to “Gaming Discussion”