Herbalism or Mining at level 26? and where to start?

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics

What skill?

Herbalism
38%
Mining
25%
First Aid
38%

Total votes: 8

Fireal
Respectable Gimp

Postby Fireal » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:41 pm

mining/blacksmithing
skinning/leather
herb/alc
tailor/enchanting

those seem like the best combos but if you are already skinning and dont want to be lw since you dont wear it you could either do tailoring or enchanting. both require no subskill to support it.

and I think First Aid is a skill that is a secondary so you can still have 2 primaries and that.
Drag the lake, you'll find it full of love.

Ganedar
L33t Boardwarrioring Assface

Postby Ganedar » Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:54 pm

I went the tailoring/skinning route. This seemed logical to me as leather is necessary to make some of the better cloth pieces.
Ganedar - 50 Warrior (RR5) - Gareth
Rolondo - 50 Spiritmaster (RR11) - Gareth
Rolonndo - 50 Eldritch (RR7) - Lamorak
Rollondo - 50 Enchanter (RR3) - Lamorak

Pinkerton
Incompetent To0l

Postby Pinkerton » Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:27 pm

D, you're dumb. Love ya.

Skinning is the easiest profession to lvl, and it supplies Leatherworking obviously.

Herb/alchemy is easy, and really useful.

Mining/smithing or mining/engineering is good too.

The thing is, you want to try to avoid overlap. If you have 2 other guys you play with, it's best if someone is mining, someone is herb, and someone is skinning.

I'm lvl 25, and my skinning is 201. Leatherworking is 158. I can make blue gloves and crap.

What you do should depend on your class. You want it to be useful to you.

Herb/alchemy is useful for everyone.

skinning leatherworking is useful for rogues and hunters and maybe the other leather classes, although a leather caster probably cares more about potion buffs than armor.

mining/eng is good for hunters who use guns.

Another thing to consider is tailoring/something else (probably enchanting) if you wear cloth. This you definitely don't want to overlap cuz if the guild has 1 or 2 tailors, everyone can send their linen/wool/silk to that person, and that person can skill up superfast.

My lvl 14 Warlock alt is capped at 150 because i need to be lvl 20 to get expert tailoring. :(

first aid, cooking, fishing are all secondary skills, and EVERYONE SHOULD GET ALL 3 OF THEM if they see the trainer. There is no reason not to get them all. You can do whatever you want with them, but they are all free and have practical uses.

First aid allows you to heal yourself or your friends (and it won't overlap with potion recast timer). If you're a tailor, lvl up your tailoring to the point where you don't need linen, then use the linen for first aid. Same with wool, etc.

Fishing can get anyone, including lower lvl chars, uber items at high lvl waters (which is why they shut down Booty Bay fishing and some other places while they reconsider this exploit). There are still harder to reach high lvl places that give crazy items from fishing. Fishing also supplies cooking, so you should do both in conjuction. I can give easy advice on how to get both fishing cooking to 150 in a matter of hours.

Cooking can make food that buffs you out of normal drops that you get all the time. It's the least practical since you have to spend money on recipes, and the food doesn't sell well to vendors. (although buffing food sells at AH). ROGUES MUST GET COOKING!!!! Rogues get a Thistle Tea recipe for lvl 26 rogue quest. Thistle Tea = instant 100% energy restore. Completely necessary for PVP.
killets' mom has one arm. she swims in circles.

SuperHelix
A Salty Surprise

Postby SuperHelix » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:21 pm

I'm not dumb. Our guild has them all.

I can conjure food and water that is uber, so die please and stop playing gay pve.
Gundorf the uber

Pinkerton
Incompetent To0l

Postby Pinkerton » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:08 pm

don't make me conjure my foot up your vagina.

I figured out why the guys chose this server. They talked to the Blizzard employees and asked them what server they're going to play on. That's Kilrogg.
killets' mom has one arm. she swims in circles.

Return to “Gaming Discussion”