Q and A

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Caly
L33t Boardwarrioring Assface

Q and A

Postby Caly » Sun Feb 09, 2003 2:01 am

I have a few questions about the game:

Crafting: does SB have a decent crafting system? Are player made weapons and armor desireable? Is it possible to level up a crafter without doing PvE?

Crafting is done by NPC's. You buy a building deed and place your building then you have to pay to rank it up giving more hp, faster production rate and 3 more slots to place other npc crafters. It costs you money to make things but you will return a nice profit from the items.
Crafted items are the best items in the game so people will and do buy them. There are many different crafters each armor type robes staves jewelry each weapon has different crafter npc's.

Siegeing: Isn't the "bind stone" inside your home city? Is it possible to take a city when the enemys you kill just respawn right there? How long does it take? Can you destroy the enemy guild's city?

Bind stone is the Tree of Life. When you die you get Death Shroud you cant attack or use any powers if you die in death shroud you DS increases its timer. If you are killed at your ToL you respawn at random ruins around the world. Hmm the siege system is insanely complex to explain and would take a long time. It take 3 days to take down a city and there are 3 different stages. Defenders have the upper hand they have walls can repawn right at city and get backin action and have guards in there city. Yes when there ToL falls that city is gone off the map completely destroyed.

PvE: How would you rate the amount of time it takes to level compared to EQ or DAoC? Is it fun? Do the mobs posess some form of AI that makes encounters interesting? What are the good grouping/support classes?

Never played EQ. DAoC took me a month to get to lvl 20 I didnt play all that much but took way to long for me and I stopped playing.
SB Took me 1 day to get to lvl 20 then I slowed down took about 2-3 weeks to get to 50. Fast lvling slower now since last patch but still fast. In a group of 10 it goes by pretty well. Hmm I never really worry about who is in the group they all will work really. AI was the suck lately but they just patched that so mobs that cast spell will do that now so is gonna be harder and more fun. Best PvE is fury they can fly and do Area Effect so can kill 10-20 mobs at once meaning you lvl real fast. Now they can only attack 7 mobs though but still best lvling class. Assasins are good also they can blind and the mobs cant hit well warlock are nice tohave if things add so they can fear them.

PvP: Are there rewards for killing enemy guild members? Is there loss of experience/coin/items upon a PvP death? Can you PvP nonstop? Are the classes balanced? What is the best PvP class in your opinion?

When you die you lose everything you dont have equiped you lose durability on all your equiped items which costs to repair. You can PvP non stop there is nothing to stop you. Classes are semi balanced they all have speacialties you really just have to learn to play each one. Some classes are way over powered. IE Confessors and Furies have spells that DoT(Damage over Time) that do up to 800 a tick that is more dmg then people can do with the High dmg bolt spells. They are currently being fixed though. I like Mage Assasin most and I am damn good at it however it is restricted I am an assasin with low mana and considerubly low dmg for a mage. But I can attack from stealth I can only kill one person my rank do to running out of mana I can kill several people that are lower lvl than me though. IE yesterday I killed a group of 10 R1-R2's I am R5. By using the mobs they were fighting to help me. THen I dot'd the rest and nuked a few.

Just some questions I'd like answered from a person who plays the game. I could probably find the answers on the shadowbane site, but the answers might not be objective, coming from the game designer.

So this is private then good.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sun Feb 09, 2003 4:25 am

So this is private then good.

Yea it's all good bro~
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Guyute
Incompetent To0l

Postby Guyute » Sun Feb 09, 2003 11:03 am

Wow, thanks Caly- that helps alot :bigups:

I'll probably be seeing you when it's released
Retireded

Twilight Mist
Drifter Gimp

Postby Twilight Mist » Sun Feb 09, 2003 9:30 pm

Hey all and how you doing. I was playing DAoC alot until about a 3 weeks or so ago when I finally got into the shadowbane beta.. I don't think I know as nearly as much as Caly because I've been tettering around learning other stuff and trying to find out about the interface. I have a 35 Minotaur Warrior, Dark Knight/Bounty Hunter. He is fun in pve but can be rather dull in pvp. I'm still learning alot and personally think I gimped myself I have quite a few screenshots of him and I have been to 2 sieges so far this build. Is it safe to post information and screenshots here? Dont think I blocked out my name on alot of the shots. Hope you get into beta soon or sometime Law.. I miss my gimp.
"I seek Focus!"-Slag

"Well luckily your a non-factor in game Slag so you wont be missed."-Adin

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:47 pm

LOL...yea it's safe Slag. :P

If you have any trouble PM Barbos. He's the man.

BTW thanks Caly, Slag for the reports. BWC fire off any questions you may have. I know there are a bunch of you already in beta.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Return to “Gaming Discussion”