New Open Beta Client File found here....

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Vog
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

New Open Beta Client File found here....

Postby Vog » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:49 pm

Click the link below and DL the Bit Torrent install file.. then run the installer.. have fun peeps!!

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/download ... loader.exe

:onfire:

Xarkon
Ass Jammer

Postby Xarkon » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:09 pm

hmmm?

for real?

Is this the Stress Test or OB

because there having ST now and not OB im confused
To Many Xark's to count

Vog
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Postby Vog » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:34 pm

OK.... the new official news update on the Blizz Beta Site has shed a little light on whats up with the next step here with the beta..

FORGET THE LINK ABOVE if you want to play right away. In order to join this 2nd Stress Test you will need to be either a Closed Beta tester OR sign-up for a FilePlanet account to get access to DL the new Stress Test Client and create an account. In Short, you need to create an account to play.. and those are the only two ways at the moment. DL'ing off FilePlanet will be MUCH Faster to get the current Client. Also once you sign-up and begin playing, your Characters will be carried over from the 2nd Stress Test into the Open Beta within a week or so... Which is why im signing up now personally.

Bit of bad news however... this Stress test (fileplanet sign-up, 3 month access) will cost 15.95 to play and create an account unlike last stress test which was only 7.95.

Or you can just wait for the open beta to start to join in the beta, but at that point you're only looking at a week or so left before retail release. If you're gonna wait for Open Beta.. DL the client from the Link above to get a jump start.

Vog
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Postby Vog » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:38 pm

Xarkon wrote:hmmm?

for real?

Is this the Stress Test or OB

because there having ST now and not OB im confused

Yeah, their having another Stress Test for a week or so, then they will kick off an Open Beta prolly on the 8th or so... I'm guessing Blizzard will try for an Open Beta before EQII hits Retail on the 9th.

Vog
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Postby Vog » Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:24 pm

UPDATE!!!!!!!

For those that don't already have a FilePlanet Account and are trying to make one.. HOLD OFF MAKING ONE FOR THE NIGHT...

Currently GameSpy/FilePlanet are having major issues with the system they put in place to handle the WoW Stress Test and the new accounts that are being created are not able to finnalize the sign-up process to DL the client and a good amount of these new accounts are also being billed twice (like myself). Customer service rep said "That these issues will be ironed out by tomorrow morning"... lets hope!!

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:20 pm

damnit, if only I had known that before I made my account, I can't download the stresstest nor can I confirm my account... I also heard that the stress test players and the closed beta players won't be able to play on the same servers. :/
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Vog
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Postby Vog » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:34 pm

Correct the Closed Beta Testers will not be able to join or create characters on the new Stress Test servers and vise-versa...

---------------------------------------
Caydiem Posted:

The servers were segregated for testing purposes. If the Closed Beta servers were open to the Stress Test and Open Beta testers, those three servers would be filled to the gills (as the lure of playing with established friends and being powerleveled would be very strong). We're curious to see how the population spreads out over new servers, and in order to do that, this was necessary.

Apologies for the confusion.
-------------------------------------------

Also it seems FilePlanet is back on track and all accounts are starting to get updated as needed... The wait time to have your account updated correctly is a few hours behind. In other words after signing up it will take a few hours to get confirmed and recieve your CD key via Email notice. Thers is a good amount of info on whats going on with the sign-up/DL process on the VN boards..

http://vnboards.ign.com/WoW_General_Board/b19789/

:onfire:

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:01 am

Anyone know where I can get a torrent that will download faster than 6kbps and upload slower than 60kbps?
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:19 pm

Same, looking for a new torrent, the one I got is a fucking piece of shit and has already taken more than 9 fucking hours when it normally is less then 1/2 the time of that.
DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion - Rift - GW - SW:TOR - GW2

Zera Targaryen - 80 Mesmer
Zera Giantsbane - 80 Thief
Zera Plaguewind - 80 Necro

Fardomar
Incompetent To0l

Postby Fardomar » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:39 am

Just got downloading it. It took about 38 hours. What a piece of shit.

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:03 am

Took at least 8 hours to download. Starting at 2mb/s then degraded to about 100kp/s within a couple of hours.

Also I'm one of the lucky ones ... I hear the FP downloader does not resume - that's seriously screwed up.

CB folks have it even worse ... Blizz's downloader is acting up and people are furious.

Naturalis
Keyboard Molesting Forum G33k

Postby Naturalis » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:07 pm

that link doesnt work btw.. so i downloaded a torrent file for wow beta, which is really small. i installed a torrent client. i opened the torrent file i nthe torrent client and now i'm downloading at about 24kb/s.

Just curious, if i turn this off, will it resume? i have teh ABC client if that matters. thanks
Naturalis
Bugsi
Suong
Beverly

Naturalis
Keyboard Molesting Forum G33k

Postby Naturalis » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:47 pm

you know what.. fuck that torrent 25k/s shit. go here http://eddie.ratm.net/korensky/wow/ .. i'm getting 283kb/sec now..

hope this rar thing works
Naturalis

Bugsi

Suong

Beverly

Return to “Gaming Discussion”