Thane Spec?

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
ToobigTheShaman
Respectable Gimp

Thane Spec?

Postby ToobigTheShaman » Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:58 am

anyone have any insight on how to spec a norse thane ?

what weapon to use also hammer sword axe?
Labyrinth

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:20 pm

Most run the 42shld (slam style), 48SC (highest bolt), 39 wpn (around), and whatever that leaves in parry. Troll thanes spec 50 wpn/50 SC/ rest in parry a lot.

Wpn depends on who your fighting really in regard to effectiveness.
Last edited by Twystyd on Thu Jan 30, 2003 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Beratuul
Ass Jammer

Postby Beratuul » Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:07 pm

I find parry to be the most useless skill in game.

My spec is 48 SC, Highest Bolts/AE with second highest Strength/Con.
42 Shield = slam.
42 axe, some people go sword of hammer, all what you want, but with this spec, you'll still be able to get shots in without too many misses.

1+6 parry.

I actually parry more now then I did with +20 or so, when I was 50 axe, 50 SC.
Casper, Svenegal, Tassadar, Maurs, Maurier, Perigrine, Du Maurier ( I go by these names).

My shit tastes like corn.

Supreem
Ass Jammer

Postby Supreem » Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:30 pm

My thane is 47 and will be 44axe 42shield 45SC when I'm 50....A defensive thane seems good in theory, but if i was to do it again i would go 50axe/50SC/rest parry. Here is my reasoning....not having 50 axe means you will get owned by people who have 50+8axe, shield or no shield. I dont have my 42 shield stun yet tho. Also the extra points in SC will make my spells hit noticibly harder, not to mention you get the 50 str/con buff...and with thanes having shitty hps you need all the con you can get. As far as blocking, yea it helps but it doesn't seem to be worth it. Most of the times I die RVR its because of spells and not melee damage anyway. It also seems like 2handed weapons just hit SO MUCH HARDER. The upside to 1h is you hit more often so that means your dmg add is more effective. Another thing, with a fast 1h wep its hard to line up styles with all the shitty lag...a 2h is much easier to make sure you are using the right style every hit. Its really a choice of preference.....Go defensive and sacrifice damage dealing ability for melee defense, or go offensive and drop insane dmg but not be able to take melee hits as well. IMHO from my experience defensive thanes are better PVE and offensive are better in RVR...so mabye you want to go defensive till 40 and respec to offensive then.
Wiredmessiah - Eve Online

:blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8:

Return to “Gaming Discussion”