What is this alliance about?

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
pouget
Respectable Gimp

Postby pouget » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:03 pm

Yesterday DB (Drunk Butchers) and a couple of others took Hurbyry tower and held it a while farming the albs. Then hibs decided to attack Boldiam and consequently all albs rushed there. We saw an opportunity for taking the relic, since there were absolutely no albs in the keep. Unfortunately we didn't have any rams with us ('cause we were there only farming the tower) and decided to ask help from our "RvR alliance". We spammed the /as a while and noticed people only take interest if artifacts or MLs are in question. The only mids we got there to help us were from Mighty Danes&Myth alliance. They came as soon as they heard about the situation.

So, this whole RvR alliance thing is now a thing of the past? I know we're big on earning RPs, but what's the big deal if we don't do anything to get the relics when the opportunity clearly is there?

I know DB is not a big guild with same kind of tradition as BWC or what have you, but we've been quite active on RvR lately (Euro times, though) and would like to have at least some support for that from the alliance. Isn't that what the alliance is for? What I've been seeing lately is that at least the MDoM alliance does much better job for the realm than this so called RvR alliance we have.

I'm pissed that we missed this good chance on getting the relic back from Hurbyry.

Joshll
Donkey Fucker

Postby Joshll » Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:42 am

TOA turned people into EQ item collectors
Moderngrav turned people into perpetual levellers
And New Frontiers bummed alot of people out on RVR, especially tanks & healers

That said, I'm with you. I've been pretty frustrated too at times that we've got the albs on the ropes and all you can get on /as is people wondering about farming artifacts or doing ML's or looking for a spiritmaster + alt for moderngrav.

New Frontiers is not going away.

People can do whatever they want in the game, but when the time comes for a relic raid, the whole alliance should be able to be counted on to rally and power zerg the albs without having their arms twisted.
retired

Seventhorn
Drunk Ass Fanboi

Postby Seventhorn » Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:16 am

I think the whole frustration from relic raids comes from there seems to be one every day now. Now this is good but we are always losing them. I for one was very disappointed last time we went on one with Drutt leading.

He is a good leader however this time he did not do a good job and just led me to think i will not go on his relic raids anymore. We took rens 1 at 3am pst which is a good time. We beat down rens wall where it had a huge hole in it. There were very few albs defending and very few mids attacking but we had the upper hand a couple of times wiping their force. Where we should have charged in we didnt. The server went down and eventually we lost our chance.

I spent hours of my time doing this I dont like going to a relic to farm rps my whole objective is to get our relics back. When someone comes down with a serious plan to retake the relics not just oh lets up and attempt them because there is very few albs around, then I will come out in full force. Until then that is why you see few mids going out because it doesnt turn out to be anything but a waste of time. We need EVERY mid to help out.
Liader Ventura 49 level Cleric Holy Rollers Lamorak
Liader Ventura 50 level Skald BWC RR9 now
Sateo Corleone 50 level Shaman still a bot
Savaneh 50 level Spiritmaster
Akazuken on many servers just pimp on one.
Lets have a sexy party!!!

Bulor
Ass Jammer

Postby Bulor » Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:53 am

ok heres the thing..

ppl WILL NOT at the drop of a dime.. jump when someone says "RELIC RAID".. first and formost.. your timing.. you claimed RELIC RAID with only 1 fg on hurb... and lacking rams. Alos the time you annouced this inth eAS was about 2pm eastern.. eachi in the real world (USA) most of us are still in school/work.

if you want to do a relic raid.. plan it out in advance. and post it in the boards.

OR wait until primetime when we have a strong mid force and ask then.

but if every random group goes off spouting about RELIC RAIDS.. do you really think that is going to work?

another thing.. which may or may not be related to the topic at hand.. the one which was spouting off the most was a skald named vuaht..(i'm not sure if that is or isn't you).. but he was ragging on the AS about being RvR.. yet.. this skald.. had a total of 32k rp.. and no RP gained in the past 2 weeks.

Before one should start trying to command RvR.. they should really try to RvR themselves.. so they have a concept of what is doable and what isn't.
DAOC-SOLD
Lieph (heal)/ Sapporo & Djur(Sham)/ Qute & Brail(SBs)/ Bulor (war)/ Blackroc (ska)/ Antigun & Antigunn (SMs)
WOW-SOLD
Lieph (Warlock) / Vexi (Hunter)
WAR- CLOSED BETA!

Navage
Drifter Gimp

Postby Navage » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:00 pm

relic raid is different thing than opportunity to take undefended relic.
Navage - L50 Flammen Vakten Savage
Synkea - L50 Stormur Vakten Runemaster
Drunk Butchers / Merlin
Navbard - L50 Thunderer Bard
Navaroth - L50 Grove Protector Champion
Kinsmen of Honor / Iseult

Rhiandra Rangnar
Donkey Fucker

Postby Rhiandra Rangnar » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:37 am

What I've been seeing lately is that at least the MDoM alliance does much better job for the realm than this so called RvR alliance we have.

That guild and most likely the majority of its alliance is also Euro based, perhaps you would be happier there.
Rhiandra Rangnar
EQ ----> DAoC ----> WoW ----> boredom
[fade]Over 1 million mezzed and counting .........[/fade]

My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends -
It gives a lovely light!

Greak
Dickfingers

Postby Greak » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:59 am

euro > world
Acerra
Bard
Lance

kordaer
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Postby kordaer » Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:57 am

euro ⊆ world
Kordaer - SM
<Convicts>

pouget
Respectable Gimp

Postby pouget » Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:14 am

Bulor wrote:ok heres the thing..

ppl WILL NOT at the drop of a dime.. jump when someone says "RELIC RAID".. first and formost.. your timing.. you claimed RELIC RAID with only 1 fg on hurb... and lacking rams. Alos the time you annouced this inth eAS was about 2pm eastern.. eachi in the real world (USA) most of us are still in school/work.

I/we did not claim it was a relic raid, we just announced that it would be a very good opportunity to take the relic. Not that it matters, but we had about 2fgs there when we announced this. If we had had rams, we prolly wouldn't have needed any help in the first place. I know it wasn't prime time in US, but we had over 40 logged on on our alliance, still I failed to get even one positive response. But when I asked when's the next ML/artiraid I got many responses :D-

if you want to do a relic raid.. plan it out in advance. and post it in the boards.

OR wait until primetime when we have a strong mid force and ask then.

As I said, it wasn't planned. I know that I might get some ppl to join if I announce the relic raid beforehand, but this is not the point. The point is that what if we had had a relic and we were almost losing it, would the response still be as lame as it was now?

another thing.. which may or may not be related to the topic at hand.. the one which was spouting off the most was a skald named vuaht..(i'm not sure if that is or isn't you).. but he was ragging on the AS about being RvR.. yet.. this skald.. had a total of 32k rp.. and no RP gained in the past 2 weeks.

Before one should start trying to command RvR.. they should really try to RvR themselves.. so they have a concept of what is doable and what isn't.

I think you mean Vauhti, which is Tankki's skald, which he uses to run around the housing zone. I believe you know that Tankki has been around a while and knows something about the game. But I agree, I wouldn't prolly give much attention to a newbie (if I was sure he was a newbie and stating the facts alone without backup) telling us to do something.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:49 pm

drinking and women.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Crippler
Drunk Ass Fanboi

Postby Crippler » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:20 pm

i second that
can't touch this~

Ormeld
I'm So Stoned Right Now

Postby Ormeld » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:00 am

And Drinking n Smoking n Straight West Coasting!
Winterwillow 50 Warrior RR3Lx
Winterrune 50 Runemaster/LGM Scer RR3Lx
Mutal 45 Shadowblade RR3
Ormz 50 Healer RR2
<<Esprit De Corps>>
As day comes, and night falls...For the rest of our lives will miss ya'll, n even tho life must go on we still morn wishing ya'll was home.
R.I.P.Mike Alvarado and Kenny Brown The good die young

Yipee
Keyboard Molesting Forum G33k

Postby Yipee » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:55 am

with boats and porting, your 2fg could have suicided and got rams and been back inside 10 minutes

look to yourselves before looking to others

just think, you coulda been a HERO

:biggrin:
Yipee and crew

Keabit Guinness
Donkey Fucker

Postby Keabit Guinness » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:56 am

I'd like to also add that it's still summer. Maybe not technically, but if the weather is nice, people are not going to play DAOC. This happened last year to BWC and our /as.

It's not a bad thing. My wife and I hibernate in the cold Michigan winter and we play a lot. But right now, with the warm weather, were on our boat every weekend. Some people would rather do that.

Last year around late October early November, we had a lot of people come back to our /as and BWC. Instead of fighting to get 1fg in the frontier, we now had 2-3 fg. Of BWC only. Then ad the rest of the /as, and we did some pretty cool things.

It is frustrating. I don't like logging on atm someties when I see our /as doesn't have enough players. I'm also not promising of a mass return to DAOC again. But it's possible. NF turned a lot of people off. But so did ToA, and they came back.

O.K. After this stupid rant, All I have to say is.....wait, give it time, and maybe things will get better.

BTW. I'm a Moron.
Maybus-Ranger-Aion

Journeyman Electrician

I have never been an enthusiast of the more obscure holidays like “Groundhog Day.” This type of holiday made more sense long ago when Doppler radar was not available and faith in groundhogs was stronger.

SuperHelix
A Salty Surprise

Postby SuperHelix » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:32 am

I'd agree with Keabit on...

"He's a moron".
Gundorf the uber

Return to “Gaming Discussion”