SI Exploit (get rich quick)

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

SI Exploit (get rich quick)

Postby Twystyd » Mon Dec 23, 2002 3:27 pm

written by Thawt

For those of you who wish to 'get rich quick' well, now is your chance. In the Shrouded Isles expansion zones there is a "Bug City" the home of the Krzzck. The location is 23000, 34000: World's End.

Now the good side of things:
1.) They all con blue to orange at 50.
2.) They all drop weapons of 16.1dps to 16.5dps (salvagable for arcanite)
3.) One mob can drop anywhere from one to three weapons at a time.
4.) Very nice spawn rates.. a few seconds per pop.

Now the bad side of things:
1.) Certain 'uber guilds' have decided it is necessary to create a group consisting of pbae and farm these.
2.) Greed kills morale and friendships very quickly.
3.) You get some nasty faction hits from killing these bugs.
4.) They are needed for a few of the SI quests and with them constantly being pulled, you cannot complete the quest.

To give you an idea of the effectiveness of hunting in this area, my group of six walked away yesterday after roughly three hours.. with a total of 18plat.

Yes, I realize that people will now flock to this place and it will be overcrowded, yet it is only fair everyone has thier fair shot at it, yes? This is flame bait for you other hibbies who desire it to be 'secret' but if you are not willing to allow people to complete quests, I am not willing to keep your secret.

For those of you who hunt here, please respect those needing to do quests, and pause the greed for a short time. I myself am disgusted that it took me aggroing a creature and running it out to kill me in order to have it not be pulled, that a friend could complete his quest. (no sooner than he had talked with the npc was it dragged off by an enchantress to be slautered.)

Enjoy your evening, and please take courtesy. Wait, that would mean no uber loot and gold. Forgive me, you may return to your greed as you were.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now if we can only find an area like this in Middy.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Return to “Gaming Discussion”