Mystic Leveling Guide

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Mystic Leveling Guide

Postby Twystyd » Thu Dec 19, 2002 5:32 pm

Runemaster solo leveling guide-

1-5: Near Starter town.Pig farm near Ft Atla is big and rarely camped.

6-8: Southern Gotar.Carrion crawlers (6), carrion eaters (7), hobgoblin prowler (8)

6-8: Wood and Pine imps outside Nalliten.

7-8: As you are headed south towards Gal or Gna, you'll cross a big bone bridge and then come to a watch tower before you enter Myrkwood Forest. There are two named Troll Flayers at that watchtower that give kill tasks that are very closeby - carrion crawlers, pine imps, hosts of the earth, and hosts of the wind.

9-10: Hobgoblins near the bone bridge west of Naliten Gotar). There are more hobgoblins for level 9 on the W and SW shore of the lake (OK, it's an inlet) SW of Nalliten in Gotar.

9-10: rock crabs and spiney crabs around Ft. Atla.

10-12: Silver drakelings and envy drakes in E. Svealand on road from Auditlen to Dvalin OR entrance to Nisse's lair nearby. Killing silverscale drakelings builds faction with envycell drakelings. Njessi, is a an envycell drake.

11-12: Grey Worgs, Undead Trolls just outside and around Gna Faste. Possibility of getting kill tasks for these from guard tower in Gna Faste as well.

11-12: envy drakelings in Myrkwood. There are 2 different camps. One right about Spindelhalla, and one along the path from Galpen to Gna Faste. It's on the southern tip of the Lake.

12-14: Willows. Low hp casters (Gna). Again kill tasks for these near by. Heavily camped unfortunatly, but you can typicaly move passed these levels in an hour or 2.

12-14: Tinglers are a good compliment to the heavily camped willows, slightly better exp and situated right next to the north willow-spawn.

13-16: weeping willows in Myrkwood. They are located slightly NW of the drakeling camp. Also near the southern tip of the Lake. There is another camp that's along the west bank of the lake. It's just NE of Gna Faste. These were very easy. Usually 2 bolts could take care of them.

14-15: Mora Dancers. Just SE of the guard tower in Gna Faste you will find a large area peppered with Mora Dancers. They go down easily and drop lightweight items that sell for nice cash and can drop nice magical loot on occassion.

14-15: water sprites near yggdra.....there is a little water inlit and about 10 water sprites spawn there. Great exp but camp bonus runs out fast

14-16: Vendo Bone Collectors along road south of Svasud Faste. Low hp and roughly 16k each. -Blith

15-16: The spawn of wind sprites is no longer right outside the gate at Vindsaul Faste. It's moved up on the hillside right of the Faste facing the gates. The key here is also to blast as fast as possible, the sprites are strong casters and will kill you in three blasts otherwise.

16-17: The minor fideals around the lake next to the bloodfelag village in west svealands really hates darkness-based spells and will give you fantastic exp. Yellow/orange, 35 - 60k exp per mob and drops the usual gems. Another good thing is your faction with skogsfru will rise.

16-17: Mora Riders con blue at lvl 17 South of Gna Faste guard Tower. Get about 30k+ for blue, about to 40K+ for yellow Mora Riders far south of Gotar.

17-18: I did mora riders and dancers. The weren't easy, but at these levels, there really isn't that much to hunt. You could try werewolves and great tinglers but many were still orange. These critters are in Myrkwood btw.

17-19: Casters such as haxa 19-20 and windcallers 17-18. Windcallers on the hill NW of Hug. Follow the top of the hill all the way around to the Blod Fort. The Windcaller's are all either yellow or orange, on their own and as they are casters are quite easy to take down. VERY good xp. 18th was one of the quickest levels ever. -Throdd

17-19: (at least for full spec runecarver) minor fideals on the sides of the lake where Aki spawns.

17-19: you can also do Wind Wisps just past the Svartalf camp SW of hugginfel. There is a hilltop there with Wind Wisps on it and you hav a realtively safe point to cast from. Also, past that hill there is another Wind Wisp camp with more wisps in it...probably 10+ at any one time but it's a little more dangerous so you have to be more careful. They are casters and really easy to kill.

19-20: Shrieking Willows South of Gna Faste. Most trees are resistant to energy, so RC or Supp nukes always hit them a bit less. -Azeil

19-20: great tinglers and shrieking willows. Easy fast exp. The most efficient way of soloing great tinglers is to bolt bolt root bolt bolt. Don't use your dd if you don't have to. Just be aware that if you kill too many tinglers you will ruin your faction with the arachites so when you are ready for Spin, the tunnelhosts will hate you. The great tinglers are north of Gna Faste and along the border between Myrkwood and Skona. The shrieking willows are near the border of Myrkwood and Skona.

20-21: Blodfelag Haxas are good. Wolfwarriors are also OK, but harder than the Haxas. Just watch out for the named Blod who roams around there (Fridger Something?)

20-22: Soot harvesters. Soot's have some very nice cloth drops now. When you enter musp through the gate there are two spawns. One to the right, which is heavily camped more oftern then not, and one to the left up on the mountian there.

21-23: Very nice area of frosty colts, snow imps, cold lights, and the occasional savage lynx and svartalf hunter.basically you get frontier experience without the bleeping snipers.down the road west from Huginfell, bpast the Svart camp, you will see a Blodfelag camp ahead of you. BEFORE that camp, on the hillside to the south, are two spawns: wind sprites (15-17),minor fideals (16-19). The frontier spawns are way up on hillside between those two spawn areas.

21-23: At level 21-23 you can go to gna, and follow the road leading to askheim (wwfort), go behind it and follow the shore. there you will find a nest with two yong envydrakes they are easy to kill, i killed one at level 21 , it was orange at the time. They spawn RIGHT after you kill them , so be wery careful about camping. -DaRoN212

21-22: Fire ants in musp. Just a little farther past the left soot harvester camp as you enter musp. Full supp spec, went to Musp to do soots and found that the fire ants are less resistant to supp nukes (hit for 20+ more per nuke) and were actually worth more xp than the soots, especially with the camp bonus. They do insta-nuke, but it was very very rarely that they did. Around 6 nukes and a root per ant.

21-24: Time to go to Muspelhiem. Kill the soot harvesters and the fire flowers. When you reach around 23-24 you can go after the flamethrowers. Just be careful since they can insta nuke you.

22-24: Apprentice Necyomancers in DF (sometimes camped) between 3-6 casts (infrequent resists)

23: Shrieking Willows in Skona Ravine.
Camp1: From WW (Askheim) fort, follow the edge of the lake south about. Watch out for dirges swimming along the shore. 30 seconds job later you should come to a peninsula with a fallen log on it surounded by willows. Stand on the log and blast away.
Camp2: From WW fort, go west around the fort and across the lake along the causeway. 1 minute jog. Once passed the lake angle NW and you should start to come into a large spawn of willows spread out near a stonehenge like hill.
Camp3: From camp1 continue south along the lake. You will have to vear areound some morias and then dodge some dirges but following the lake you will come to another peninsula with some willows on it. Dirges like to swim around here, so always watch for them.

23-24: Fire Flowers. Low hp caster mobs. Can baf, so be carfull. NEVER camped... *boggle* trees are such popular leveling mobs, and these ones always have camp bonus. (Just to the right of the entrance down hill)

25-27: Plated Fiends in darkness falls. Easy 4-5 shot kills as a full sup runie, for 500-600k xp each. Oranges worth 700k+

25-27: Plasmatasms north of Musp entrance in Lava pit (night time spawn)

25-27: there's some nice soloing along the North end of Skona. There's a Werewolf camp there with constant spawns and these are yellow to me at 26. A little further West and there's a bunch of moss maidens, tree spirits, badgers and rats. Most con yellow.

26-27: Soultorn Protectors in DF. Yellow/orange, upwards of 1.2 mil xp each with camp bonusfor the oranges

27-28: Ra of Pine and Ra of Oak in Skona Ravine. They live in the trees at the top of the ravine SW of Varul. These guys con orange, move slowly (they are the same graphic as wildings), and are never camped. One million plus experience (with 250k of it from camp bonus). Location is good in case there is a group forming in Varul dungeon Just click on the base of the numerous trees on that plain and you will spot em. Also, further along the ravine line on that plain (towards Varulv) you can find Ra of Willows in the trees that are a bit away (south) of the gorge line.

23-28: Young Fire Wyrms in NW corner of Musp. yellow cons go down with 2 bolts and 1 DD for about 900k+ xp each.

25-27: pyrotasms and flamethrowers in the lake that's NE of the Musplehiem entrance. This is a night spawn only so you have to make the most of your exping. There are two spawns. The other SE from the entrance I believe.

28-29: Cinder Drakes along North Valley in Musp. 2 Bolts and a DD for 1.3 mil xp.

28-29: Fire Wyrms in the valley at the NW corner of Musp. Casting lizards. Usually a bolt bolt DD for kill. Great thread!

28-31: cinder drakes and fire wyrms. I would personally go after the fire wyrms first so you have good faction with the cinder drakes so they don't aggro on you. Both mobs have caster type hp's so they go down fast. These levels were cake.

28-30: Nocuous Hounds-Even con at 29. Found near Rakomaz and Pyrotasm camps. Always a camp bonus. Every once in a while they dot. Much safer than Cinder Drakes for Dark RM's. (noxious hounds are on Dvirge(sp) faction which you need for your epic....I don't suggest killing them.)

30-31: Mephetic Zombies (Muspel). Slow moving mobs. Never camped. Also take more mana per xp than some other Musp mobs. Loot a bit better on Seared Skeletons usually found at same (or nearby) camps. avg 1.3 mil xp each

30-31: common icy whisps at the Yggdra zombie camp can be done at 30-31. only the orange con offcourse. If yer switch between them and the abbominable snowmen near the Fortress, yer get a great camp bonus all yer level. i went from 30 to 31 in only 2 hours soloing.

30-32: Flaming raukomaz' in some of the lava pits towards the SE. Con yellow and Orange at lvl 30, go down in 2 bolts and a DD for avd 2 mil xp. Sometimes baf... but rarely, and only when you pull from several near one another.

31-32: Werewolve warders (Skona), Fire Giants (Muspel). Good drops off the warders, warders are also casters and have low hps.

32-34: Alpine Cockatrice are perfect. Orange ones give XP cap each time with large camp bonus. Need to be at least 30 in RC.

32-39: go to the WW dungeon in Skona. You might need to group a little first, but once you are in your 33's and 34's you should be able to solo most of the first level of the dungeon. Pretty straight forward stuff here. bolt bolt root bolt bolt. When you are around 35ish you can go to the bridge room and solo the scruffs and churls. Very fast and safe exp.

33-35: Werewolf Guards in Skona Ravine. Two nice spots are tower next to Varu dungeon and east along that same ledge. Plenty of Callow Wolverines in a pit near some guards if you get bored of Guards. Couple rare named spawns near that area as well.

33-35: The zombie camp in yggdra, just north of vindsaul faste. Icy wisps (sp?) are great imho. RC runies get a sometimes huge damage bonus on them, xp ranges from 2 to 3.8mill (depending on lvl and bonus). At lvl 33, most con yellow, but orange cons are also no problem to kill.

33-35: Isalf icemages. Casters, so low hitpoints. Several camps in yggdra forest, one of them NE of the above mentioned zombie camp. I started to kill them at 33, they conned yellow and orange. Xp was 3.5 mill on average. Watch out for isalf scouts though.

35-38: Mud Crabs in Vanern Swamp at about 56k 58k southeast corner. Start to con yellow at lvl 35 and give 6-7 mil xp. Rare drop of Magic Studded Sleeves. Mud Frogs in surrounding area con blue to yellow and drop infrequent loot worth over 1gp each. Since Crabs only spawn in the area from 1830 to 0600, you can kill frogs for loot while waiting for them to respawn.

37-40: Pyrotasms in Muspelheim

36-37: Ice Scrags (susceptable to RC) drop easily (blue/yellow)... they were just east of the lake near Vindsaul Faste, up on top of the mountain (from Ygg, just follow the mountain wall on the left around towards the lake till you run thru them) -Thrain_Firehammer

36-38: Sidhe on the edge of skona/vanern past the ww dungeon. Between the casters that look like skogsfru and the little wisp looking things you can get a ton of exp. They tend to baf if you nail them too close to the camp or drag the humanoid sidhe too close to a wispy sidhe. On the bright side they drop FAST. At lvl 37 I recieved 6-6.9 mil for yellow cons and about 8 mil for orange cons. Kill off the Sidhe Gaotes before going after the elf ones. The loot the Gaotes drop are all gems (round diamonds, clear oval stones, white cloudy gems) and each stack up to 10. The stacks go for 2 gold and some silver a peice. Made a ton of cash here, and shot through lvl 37. Lvl 38 was pretty slow for it, though. The camp bonus dries up very quickly. After you have all the baffers out of the way, the elf sidhes are easy. At lvl 38, you'll be able to nuke them to the ground before they get close to you. - I got a RM only cloth tunic drop, AF 35ish. (LOTS OF PEOPLE SAY THEY ARE SOLOABLE AT 33!!! IS THERE MORE THEN 1 CAMP???)

37-38: There is a better camp of the Sidhe Gaoite's that won't require moving around to get maxrange or find that last one left alive. South from the other sidhe camp around the lake there is a peninsula jutting out into the lake where the green orms are. Here there are quite a bit more sidhe gaiote's all bunched together. This is also seems alot less camped than the other sidhe's.

37-40: Werewolf Scruffs in Varul Dungeon.Bridge room. Get distance and get from 5.9-7.2 mil xp depending on how camped they are. At lvl 37 I occaissionally get 8 mil for Orange con scruffs. The bridge room in Varu is still fairly easy to pull. The scruffs in the cubby still use the bridge, the ones to the right of them in the balcony however will not, and run along the floor below. You can also pull pragmatics if they're at one end, just be careful because they call for help. -Caitiri

37-40: (for darkness runie especially): small black orms on vanern swamp. They hate dark magic and you can get 370-400 damage a pop (with bonuses) using the L37 darkness DD. They have some interesting drops too. Keep an eye out for the spiders.

38-41: Malmohus. At right of entrance, you have ten Svakuld Missionaries. The ones with the bows. Cause they try to shoot with bows and you interrupt them, they can t fire at you. And you don t need to root them.

39-41: (even 42) the Werewolf Lords and frentic spiders in Valvu.

40-41: Decent camp of wintry dirges, ice creatures and blocks of ice, all around the bone-eater camp. I found that EXACT same spot of ice creatures around the Bone Eater Oracles too the other day... whilst doing combat with one of the Blocks of Ice, I was suddenly attacked by those nearly invisible Wintery Dirges... so take care all who venture forth there... I prefer the plain vanilla Bone Eater camp due west of Grallahorn Faste... there are 2 blocks of ice who guard it, so I camped the south side and was able to solo their in relative safety... -Thrain_Firehammer

40-42: Forest Vipers in V. Swamp

40-43: hagbui guards at nw corner of vanern. Drop caster loot and at 42 start soloing the wandering runers for hagbui staves. Solo orange reincarnate orms and try to get orm groups for the orm spine staff. -I_am_Wotan

40-43: spindels in Spindelhalla. Go as if you were headed to the crab room, make two lefts. It's a very quiet spot, most people don't know about that location. Spindel's don't aggro, and if you killed enough werewolves in your 30's the tunnelhosts should be friendly. (I killed way too many tinglers, they are still aggro to me ).

38-42: Pyrotasm's in Muspelheim. At level 42, 1 in 10 will be blue or orange. Mostly all yellow. Exp ranges from 6-15 mil without bonus *which is usually 2-4 mil. From the broken tower where you could find Gunnar's spirit (lvl 30 epic stage) look NE. You will see a lava pit with some strange looking bridge. Before that bridge look right at the hillside. Lots of pyrotasms there, they look like plasmatasms.

39-44: The bone eater oracle camp in yggdra is very nice for these lvls. If you want, you can really stay there till lvl 45. It's NW of Grallarhorn Faste right on the summit of a hill.

42-43: I was at the dirge camp in Odin's... the only time they'll mez you is if you get too close to them to pick up loot (which means you have to angle around to pull them away from camp so you can get at the loot easily). The dirges at 43 are yellow with the occasional orange. If a bolt doesn't miss (and on a yellow it very rarely misses) it's bolt bolt dd and they're down. With camp bonus, I'm getting from 12 to 22 million (this drops to 10-16 without camp bonus). When I lose the camp bonus, I go to the shard golems in Jamtlands (since they're susceptible to energy). -Tylaara_Seryne

42-46: there are about 4 camps of shard golems (yellow to 46) in ygg by the alb undead camp, nw of horn relic. never seen anyone camping them, so there is always a full camp bonus, and when you deplete one camps bonus you just walk about 10 paces and you have another camp to pull from, they give really nice bonuses to rc spells, and there is a stead patrol of guards right through the camp so you dont need to worry about griefers.

42-45: Gorgans in Emain. Cute little buggers, and they are every where so you can keep moving for campadge.

43-44: Cursed Necromancers. Easy to get to. Drop pretty fast. Slow staff attack (easy to get away when they are low health without them hitting you). Darkness Falls

43-46: templars in Darkness Falls

44-46: Frostweaver Icestriders(Upp/Jamt/Ygg). Stick to the unlinked ones. Casters so low hp.

44-46: Fernir (Upp/Jamt/Ygg). Stick to the unlinked ones. Most of the prophets baf with a guard. The prophets cast stuns and have low hps. The stuns can kill you if your not quick.

45-46: just west of the oracles camp is a slew of shard golem camps. They are weak to energy attacks which means they go down really fast. Good stead and safe exp. Just don't let them melee you, they can procc a dd

45-50: Grannies in Emain. Vuln cold, and if you own the merch keep in Emain you have a very very close camp so its easy to defend.

46-47: A great thing I've found to solo at 46 is in Darkness Falls, the gargoyles that hang around above archways (bleh forgot their name).

46-50: Knotted/Gnarled Fellwoods in Alb. Since there is never anyone there...

47-49: sts and cams in Darkness Falls

47-50: Icestrder Interceptors (Upp/Jamt/Ygg/Raum). Stick to the unlinked ones. Casters, low hp.

47-50: I would rather solo grannies and maybe wyverns...bad thing about wyverns is they nuke, and if they start chain nuking, be ready to run...but I have soloed them for hours at 48 and 49. -Grismares_Rage

48-50: Go back to spindelhalla and solo trows. The trolkarls are best to solo, but trows will do as well. Very easy very good exp. On oranges you will hit your max capped exp. When I was lvl 49 I could two shot most trolkarls . If you are adventurous, you can also kill manslayers. They are slightly harder since they aren't casters but they are pretty easy overall. Trows and MS give almost the same exp. Usually at this level you can out camp most lower 40's groups so just say in the trow room that has the cat walk and pit. When the camp bonus is gone, move to the other trow room or roam around the lower levels of Spindelhalla.

48-50: Low Wrathes in OG/Raum. Added bonus, they drop cloth. I'm pretty sure wrathes don't drop cloth, you have to take out Liches. They con orange, red, and purple at 50 So I don't know how viable they are at 48/49. -Roveth_Runey

48-50: Gorbechandes (sp) in Emain. The low level.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Return to “Gaming Discussion”