Death of Legion

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Death of Legion

Postby Twystyd » Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:09 pm

There were a few Bloods there for this. Wanted to get everyones stories and such. Damn i wish i was there for it.

We killed legion pretty easy, id like to try the dragon now. Its obvious that we have a ton of people that are just waiting for something to do and everyone likes something to look forward too. So how about getting a dragon raid set up for this weekend? Now, I do NOT want to lead it. The legion raid was chaos and it took like 5 or 6 people all yelling the same damn thing to keep everyone under control. At one point viik was about ready to leave, and I don't blame him one bit, I can only imagine the stupid messages he was getting, and having no one listening didn't help either. What I would suggest, would be getting someone to lead, and this time only allowing lvl 45 guys to come. As much fun as it is for a lvl 20 to come on a dragon raid, they are basically no use, cause lag, and spam (not all the time but alot of times they just don't know what is going on so they ask the same thing alot) I have a few ideas on what could help us actually kill it.

1. Test it out a bit with 3 or 4 groups, try to get a feel for the AE and how the dragon uses it, how it shoots and when, ect. I don't think anyone has figured this out, maybe it is totally random, but if we could figure it out I'm sure we could kill him easier, and maybe even more often.

2. 45 only, we really don't need guys that cant hit it to be there...

3. Maybe during the testing time that perhaps we could do this week, try out some siege craft on it. This has been mentioned before, and I think it could be the missing link that is needed to bring Gjalapinvua to her knees.

4. On the actual dragon raid, there will most likely be WW adds. This was one of the major concerns of the legion raid. During the legion raid we set up two groups to handle the adds (viikinis and myself) the repops didn't hassle us much, but as soon as some happened they died FAST. This was a very nice touch that was probably set up better then it needed to be

-Ourumov Stormbringer LVL 50 Thane Clan ][ntolerance Co Leader
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:18 pm

Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Snot
Incompetent To0l

Postby Snot » Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:43 pm

We had at least 1 full BC group in attendance at the beginning of the Legion raid. Through LD's and such we eventually got pulled apart, but it was a good time had by all. A few of our members got some very nice loot dropped from Legion and the mid Prince. We went on and took down some lords and the mid prince, with high hopes of taking down the hib and alb princes then heading back to snag Legion again (5 hour spawn). But, everyone eventually died and we then did the loot distribution. Viikinki did a grand job of leading, and I think it definitely upped the morale of the realm. I wasn't able to take part in the last dragon attempt, but I heard they learned valuable lessons and we should be able to take her down next time. I can't wait to test out some siege weapons i.e. scorpions, trebuchets etc. on her >:)

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Mon Jun 24, 2002 4:01 pm

I'm not as nice. It wasn't led very well at all. Noone knew too much of what they were doing. Spamming about loot was annoying. People were more worried about loot than organization, or even the final goal to kill Legion.

I was greatly disappointed in the loot distribution. I think it should be fair, and so much loot should be alotted per group and they can work out trades with other groups to get different loot if they like.

Snot
Incompetent To0l

Postby Snot » Mon Jun 24, 2002 4:11 pm

well, the reason i thought this raid was good was lately i've been on some absolutely miserable raids. This last legion raid was a major step up from what had happened previously. I think if you woulda been on the previous 2 raids you would have a different opinion :) in an of itself it wasn't so good, but comparing it to the last failures it was a major step ahead.

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Mon Jun 24, 2002 4:16 pm

honestly I was shocked that we killed him, and it seemed easy. I'm assuming we had 15 suppression runies or something, because generally when he actually hit someone they died.

Hesk
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Postby Hesk » Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:02 pm

We kill em' every 3/5 day's :twisted: ... (Point's at his 2H Legion Hammer/(And his 2H Great Sword "Fiery Avenger" on Perc. not mordred :( ) ... Both of which are the strongest in Hibernia*FLEXES*)
<center><b>Hesk - Luv Machine
<b></center>

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:09 pm

*flex*

Return to “Gaming Discussion”