Casual Play in Mordred

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Joki
Respectable Gimp

Casual Play in Mordred

Postby Joki » Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:18 pm

With 1.62 coming tomorrow, I was thinking and talking with others whom would be interested in making alts in Mordred. Now some may be thinking they would never go to a Dred again, but Mordred is not consisted of huge alliances like Andred which is one key factor that broke it and has numbers in the 300s - 500s it does on a main night. I would also believe we would go in as a "PK" guild and have everyone KoSed to make the game more fun. If we could get at least 1 or 2 fgs it would make leveling easier. Now this would only be CASUAL play meaning maybe 1 or 2 nights a week and if someone from Merlin comes to round us up we should go help. I myself, would like to get away from RvR servers again and this time go to a "FFA" server. I have my 36 RM on Merlin and would love to get him to 50 and help out BWC but I want some nights to get away. So post your opinions, I would like to start tomorrow night, if not sometime this week. I will be making a SM.

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:37 pm

Good idea Joki I was wondering as a guild if we'd try and take advantage of this insta level 20/30 to try something different. Something casual over on mordred sounds fun.

Anyone else?

Phishbone
Keyboard Molesting Forum G33k

Postby Phishbone » Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:10 pm

I have a 50 SB there already and a 50 Theurgist. The 50 SB has almost 1100 tailoring so if you make a caster or leather wearing class let me know. I will hook you up with some gear and maybe a small amount of cash to help out. But I am almost broke from trying to get a MP suit done for my SB.
>x> Phishbone <x<
..Bloodwinter Clan..

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:12 pm

from what i hear the dreds consist of bonedancers, assassins, and then 5% of the rest is X class. i loved andred with my skald, but without dedication to the server we would honestly never really level, and we wouldnt be very competetive on what is suppose to be a competetive server.

i like the rvr aspect of the game, and something ive always looked for was to be in the underdog realm. mid was this for a little while, and it was fun as hell while it lasted. i think if we really want to spend time on another server, it might as well be somewhere that it actually makes a difference. i have played a bit in both albion and hibernia, and to be honest the hibernian classes have the most appeal to me. im hoping to find a nice hib server, where the hibs are the underdogs, and hopefully find some nice people to play with. the large pop servers are just totally too much zerging (as shown through the total RPs the top guilds have, on smaller servers there are smallers zergs = more rps for the people fighting = more fun overall)
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Bulor
Ass Jammer

Postby Bulor » Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:27 pm

i'll make a supp BD there =) with a healer bot
DAOC-SOLD
Lieph (heal)/ Sapporo & Djur(Sham)/ Qute & Brail(SBs)/ Bulor (war)/ Blackroc (ska)/ Antigun & Antigunn (SMs)
WOW-SOLD
Lieph (Warlock) / Vexi (Hunter)
WAR- CLOSED BETA!

Strumdor
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Postby Strumdor » Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:48 pm

hmmm,this may just be enough to bring me back to DAOC for awhile-if we can decide , as a guild , where to start our 20 or 30 alts and level together. I'm thinking that trying an underpopulated realm on a populater server (starting at 30) would be fun.

Candide
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Candide » Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:02 am

I'll let me dog gnaw off my arm before I level again in this game.

They let me transfer my andred characters to mordred and I would play, outside of that, no way.

I'ld LOVE to play on a dred tho, if the populations were nice, especialy if they were closer to the 1k range.
Venderic, Candide or Mercutio in games.

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:56 am

Interesting .... /level notes on herald are HINTING that they are going to do something for Andred ... that's why Andred doesn't get a level 30.

I hope it's a /charmove type thing - probably only allow us to go to low population servers though :(

Alka
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Postby Alka » Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:49 am

on herald today:

Thanks for reading! And now, the list you've been waiting for. In alphabetical order, players with at least one level 50 character may create level 30 alternate characters in the following realm/servers:

Bedevere - Midgard
Bors - Albion
Bors - Hibernia
Galahad - Hibernia
Galahad - Midgard
Gawaine - Midgard
Igraine - Midgard
Lancelot - Hibernia
Lancelot - Midgard
Merlin - Hibernia
Palomides - Hibernia
Palomides - Midgard
Percival - Hibernia

-----

1. if we decide to move to another server, lets move together to one other only

2. lets choose a underdog realm, so we start at 30

3. lets decide fast, cause i dont think the underdog realm stay underdog realms 4 long

4. i would try a alb infiltrator ( omg, did i say i like to be an alb ). but i would go with the guild.

5. to get it decided fast, let us vote, or the officers decide, but do it, and do it fast.

6. if we go to bors, some can play hib, some can play alb, and we chat on irc and join to kill mids in rvr together after 50. no, i dont want that, but its a nice idea, maybe.

Wipe

Alka
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Postby Alka » Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:17 pm

I just made an Alb char on Bors. The time i was on hundrets of new alb chars were made. I checked Hib on Galahad then. It was dead. Then I checked Hib on Bors with an other accout, dead, too. If you want to lvl and find groups Alb on Bors is a hot pick.

Wipe

Candide
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Candide » Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:11 am

Well I hope they do one of 2 things with andred. Let people start on there at level 50, or better yet, transfer your character to mordred. If they let you transfer to servers other than mordred, I'll cancel all my accounts. My characters are all mid, julies are all hibernia, and mosthula's are a mix of alb/hib. Gotta go to a dred.
Venderic, Candide or Mercutio in games.

Eirene
Ass Jammer

Postby Eirene » Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:11 am

I started a cleric on Mordred. Mostly lvling and pking with some RL friends who currently have a guild called Validus. Yesterday I got lvl 21, almost 22 and now realm rank 1 lvl 8. :nervous: Then again Mal-poo has the 50 theurgist to PL ;) I don't know if I'll play the cleric much unless they let you to move 50's and inventories from Andred to Mordred.
The message buck stops here.

Return to “Gaming Discussion”