outfit progress

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Supreem
Ass Jammer

outfit progress

Postby Supreem » Sat May 10, 2003 1:27 pm

I can see that our squad is beginning to get more and more organized as we gain more experience out in the field. Unfortunately now with open beta and upcoming release, theres gunna be a huge influx of newbs coming in. That means more easy kills, but that also means more squad members who have no clue what they are doing.

What I suggest maybe not just now but shortly after release to have 2 squads going at the same time. Lets call them squad alpha, and squad beta. When you join our planetside outfit you join squad beta. As you gain experience and outfit points you will be eventually excepted into the alpha squad.

So gun will lead the alpha squad. And one member of the alpha squad will lead the beta squad. We can rotate this unless someone else wants to be beta leader full time. We would also need a second in command alpha leader so when gun isn't on we have an alternate squad leader. I think this will work best because it keep our best members in a tight tactical unit, while the beta squad attacks the same base providing cover fire and distracting the enemy.

This will also motivate new people to work harder to learn the basics and tactics they need to get in the higher level squad. If our outfit grows to the point where we have 30 people online at the same time then we can add a third level maybe alpha, beta and gamma....eventually when Gun gets high enough in level he can form us into a platoon.

I was thinking I could keep a web page that tracks everyones squad level and who has potential for a promotion. We can also use this to regulate the noob/pl whore types by saying if you dont get out of beta squad within 30 days you get removed from the guild. I think its a killer idea. What do you guys think about this?

Supreem BR8 Reaver/MAX/engi

Return to “Gaming Discussion”