Some Planetside Questions

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Joki
Respectable Gimp

Some Planetside Questions

Postby Joki » Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:30 pm

First of all, I would liek to appologize for my absence from DAoC. Lacrosse season is halfway through, currently 5 - 1 team ratio : 9 goals and 2 assists, and this is the year if we can to actually go to sectionals. So my coach is on my ass about everything. http://www.thejournalnews.com/vc/ Go under Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse, we are the team Harrison Huskies. Secondly, Football plays a role 3 days a week, I have to kick and weight lift after my Lacrosse practice. After I practice kicking he makes me speak with him for another hour or so about video tapes that he taped of me, since Im considered by every person thats seen me to be college "material". So Im hoping to get a scholarship to Syracuse or some huge football camp. Heh. Now that you've seen my huge jock side, I would like to talk about my computer time.

I am deciding whether or not I would like to go to Planetside. But in order to make my decision I would like to get a feel of the game first. Any Beta testers or anyone can tell me some things. First do we have to pay monthy or is it like UT 2003 or Tribes 2. Also I heard it is a FPS and a MMORPG? How can this be? Understandable of the FPS, but other than huge battles, and taking over bases I dont understand the RPG of the MMORPG. Secondly, I hear its sorta like Tribes 2 but better. What types of weapons do you use, transportation? Or beter yet, any good sites where I can get a good feel for the game? If anything, I would be a Sniper because Ive always been one in any FPS ive played, and if possible a pilot. [align=center][/align][align=left][/align][align=right][/align][align=center][/align][align=left][/align]

Bulor
Ass Jammer

Postby Bulor » Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:53 pm

monthky fee.. which is to be determined..

the gameplay style is tribes2 with a mixture of CS recticile concept(or real world mechanics). it's not relaly a RPG.. but you gain XP from kills and teamwork in order to mold your chareter into your role you are comey with
DAOC-SOLD
Lieph (heal)/ Sapporo & Djur(Sham)/ Qute & Brail(SBs)/ Bulor (war)/ Blackroc (ska)/ Antigun & Antigunn (SMs)
WOW-SOLD
Lieph (Warlock) / Vexi (Hunter)
WAR- CLOSED BETA!

Candide
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Candide » Wed Apr 30, 2003 9:20 am

What he said.

This site has a character builder, (cert calc on the right). I think this gives you an idea what all you can do.

http://www.planetside.info/nuke/

So yes, you can be a pilot and sniper, in fact thats common for a sniper to take the light scout ship mosquito to quickly move into place.

There is very little since of any rpg, its just a persistent world, where you gain ranks, each rank lets you get a new cert point, which lets you open up access to more (not necisarily better, just more) equipment.

There are no restrictions like "im a warrior so I can't learn spells". There are some things tho, like if you are in heavy armor you can't drive a tank, as it is too bulky." And then there are the MAX's, which are like mech warriors, who of course can only do the MAX thing while in that suit. But each time you spawn you resuit up, so you could load up an anti air MAX, then next time Anti Inf MAX, then next time get normal armor and go hop into your tank.

planetside.stratics.com is ok as well, but I can't get there from work.
Venderic, Candide or Mercutio in games.

Zeris
Oversized Douche Bag

Postby Zeris » Wed Apr 30, 2003 11:24 am

There are no restrictions like "im a warrior so I can't learn spells".

Yeah, that part is great. Nothing can stop me when I cast 8th level bullet shield on myself and whip out my chaingun +8 versus ogres.
markov|[shadow=red][glow=red]Terran Republic[/glow][/shadow]|zeris

Return to “Gaming Discussion”