UFC 109 Predictions

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

UFC 109 Predictions

Postby Twystyd » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:05 am

Randy Couture vs. Mark Coleman - Couture, by all accounts (IE by osteoporosis), should beat Mark Coleman. He's a better mixed martial artists. Randy Couture

Nate Marquardt vs. Chael Sonnen - Marquardt's a big favorite in this one and there's a good reason why. Nate's striking is dynamic, but what really impressed me in his fight with Wilson Gouveia was his head movement. Sonnen has the bad habit of just giving up subs to his opponent. Of his ten losses, eight have come by submission. Nate Marquardt

Mike Swick vs. Paulo Thiago - Thiago impressed me in his loss to Jon Fitch. Can Thiago get Swick to the ground? Probably. But can he do it throughout the fight? I'm not so sure. Swick has to deal with Fitch and Koscheck's wrestling daily at AKA. He'll have a nice size and reach advantage on Thiago as well. Mike Swick

Demian Maia vs. Dan Miller - Miller should try to keep this standing, but Maia is adept at dragging a fight to the floor. Once he obtains a clinch, he is very good about pulling guard or utilizing some sort of trip or takedown. Miller doesn't have the most polished TD defense and his standup doesn't have the same sort of intimidating power that had Maia doing the Charlie Brown field goal dance against Nate Marquardt. Demian Maia

Matt Serra vs. Frank Trigg - Serra almost knocked Matt Hughes out with a head butt in the first round and still lost the fight. Trigg is kind of a Matt Hughes clone with less wrestling and more boxing. Trigg isn't as bad as the Kos loss and Serra's not as good as the GSP win or the "good" performance against Hughes. Trigg
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:14 am

Couture by decision although i think it will be closer than most think. Coleman dropping weight is good and we will see how his cardio holds out.

Marquardt is gonna own him, still not sure he can take Silva but Nate is a top 5 middleweight.

Swick vs Thiago can go either way, Twyst I'll bet you it will come down to whose got the better chin. Thiago is tougher in general so i'll gve it to him.

Maia will get it to the ground, he's gonna learn from getting KO'd by Nate, nuff said.

Serra vs Trigg umm who cares? Two mooks I couldn't care less about, I hope the lights fall into the octagon and kill them both. :toothy10:
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:27 am

Serra vs Trigg umm who cares? Two mooks I couldn't care less about, I hope the lights fall into the octagon and kill them both.

ROFL so true my friend that would be epic.

The Swick v. Thiago fight was by far the hardest to objectively predict which of course made it the most fun. I think it's important to point out that Thiago found his success on the ground in that fight with Fitch (who is a complete animal that should rematch GSP). I see Swick winning the fight if it remains standing and Thiago being able to muscle him on the ground.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Return to “Public Discussion”