UFC 108

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

UFC 108

Postby Twystyd » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:39 pm

WoW...with all due respect this card looks terrible for a PPV event. IF Jackson was still fighting Rashad this card wouldn't be bad for a Spike freebie but it looks very "thrown together" throughout the card. A few of these fights weren't even on the card last week...Ugh. No titles...no top 3 fighters in their division.
Last edited by Twystyd on Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:02 pm

People need something to watch on their new fancy TV they probably couldn't afford. :huh:

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:08 pm

On a completely unrelated note I'm going to throw up this image of Gina Carano just because I would love to "roll" with her.

"Is in love with Christmas.. I hope you all are feeling the same. ;)"
http://twitter.com/GinaCarano
Last edited by Twystyd on Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:02 pm

I'm a fan of her on Facebook. She is pretty fucking amazing, great fighter and fucking beautiful. I do feel bad for a dude who would date her and cheat, she would fuck you up something bad lol.
DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion - Rift - GW - SW:TOR - GW2

Zera Targaryen - 80 Mesmer
Zera Giantsbane - 80 Thief
Zera Plaguewind - 80 Necro

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:33 pm

Zeratulx wrote:I'm a fan of her on Facebook.

That's were I dug up that pic. Everyone that likes boobs, MMA, boobs or any mixture of the three has her as a fan on Facebook. Merry Xmas to you and yours Zera. You still need to PM me your PSN name when you get a chance bro.

Winke
Donkey Fucker

Re: UFC 108

Postby Winke » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:14 pm

Twystyd wrote:WoW...with all due respect this card looks terrible for a PPV event. IF Jackson was still fighting Rashad this card wouldn't be bad for a Spike freebie but it looks very "thrown together" throughout the card. A few of these fights weren't even on the card last week...Ugh. No titles...no top 3 fighters in their division.

Agree with Law that card looks horrible and if I were Dos Santos I would be insulted. I am not sure I would watch some of these fights on free tv let alobe PPV.

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:15 am

The Evans fight could be good if they bang but most likely they will feel each other out for most of the fight and nothing will happen. I also like Stout because he stands and bangs.

Yvell I like to watch because he's nuts, I'll never forget the video of him beating the shit out of a referee somewhere overseas.

Gina is gorgeous and someone I could roll with for sure. Most girls start crying after an hour but I'm sure she could take. Also she is a great fighter, but if she wants to compete w/ girls like Cyborg she needs to get bigger, i don't think she needs to change her style much but she needs to hit harder and be able to body up people more. :toothy10:
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:41 pm

There is always potential for great or terrible fights on any card of course. You could say that about any fights and there are plenty of free ones out there. Even though I'll probably watch I'm just disappointed with the fact none of these fights mean a fuck in terms of their division (Evans aside). I only watchdog because I think there is an over-saturation point and as patched up as this card is it borderlines. Half the reason this card sucks so bad is injuries and cancellations. Seriously I don't give an ass what Dana White calls the event; I'm deeming it UFC 108: Injury. You throw Brock Lesnar vs Shane Carwin on that card as was intended and were all smiling while writing the check.

I started digging around at the viewing numbers for 107 and put another stake in the heart of the my current over-saturation argument. UFC 107 did 620,000 buys which was over it's modeled number of 540,000. UFC 108 will do a horrible number; that should be obvious to anyone with a functioning brain considering the card. A lot of UFC fans simply won't know some of the fighters and the main event is a let down. However the number won't be a sign of decline or some impending doom; rather, it will reflect the fact that the card is not worthy of PPV and should have been moved to Spike TV or canceled altogether.

Yvell I like to watch because he's nuts, I'll never forget the video of him beating the shit out of a referee somewhere overseas.

LOL, that's awesome. Marty if you find that anywhere hook me up.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:34 pm

It keeps getting worse. Steve Cantwell is the latest to be bit by the curse of UFC 108: Injury. It's hard to blame the UFC for what happened to this card, but you also can't blame fans for refusing to reward cards like this with $50.

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:36 pm

Here's the link of Yvell knocking out the ref then kicking him in the grill. On his defense I don't know what the fuck the ref was trying to do there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkbWQu3ZkgY

:toothy10:
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight

Elfdroper - Merlin

Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Winke
Donkey Fucker

Postby Winke » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:40 am

Elfdroper Gravelender wrote:Here's the link of Yvell knocking out the ref then kicking him in the grill. On his defense I don't know what the fuck the ref was trying to do there...

LMAO that shit was funny. Ref was an idiot and deserved it.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:52 pm

Winke wrote:
Elfdroper Gravelender wrote:Here's the link of Yvell knocking out the ref then kicking him in the grill. On his defense I don't know what the fuck the ref was trying to do there...

LMAO that shit was funny. Ref was an idiot and deserved it.

Haha that was awesome. WTF that really was a terrible job by the ref. I saw a point reduction and some extremely awkward repositioning. The tall dude just bolted once the ref went down.

Return to “Public Discussion”