so.. whats it going to be? Order or Destruction?

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.

Order or Destruction? Open field RvR or Core?

Order Open field
0%
Order Core
0%
Destruction Open Field
0%
Destruction Core
100%

Total votes: 1350

Bulor
Ass Jammer

so.. whats it going to be? Order or Destruction?

Postby Bulor » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:29 pm

Definitions:
Core Ruleset – This is the same server based Ruleset that we’ve been playing with in Beta all along.

Roleplay Ruleset – This is the same server based Ruleset as the Core Ruleset. We will be adding CS enforced rules for names and encouraging RP communication between players for this Ruleset.

Open RvR Ruleset – This is the same server based Ruleset as the Core Ruleset except for three (3) changes:
1) Your RvR Flag will be on permanently. There will be no way to turn it off.
2) The Bolster buff (which normally gives you Battle Ranks in RvR and Scenarios) will not be functional except for Scenarios.
3) The Chapter 1 (not Tier 1) area will turn any Character of any Rank from the opposing Realm into a Chicken.
DAOC-SOLD
Lieph (heal)/ Sapporo & Djur(Sham)/ Qute & Brail(SBs)/ Bulor (war)/ Blackroc (ska)/ Antigun & Antigunn (SMs)
WOW-SOLD
Lieph (Warlock) / Vexi (Hunter)
WAR- CLOSED BETA!

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:46 pm

I don't see the roleplay options in the poll? :onfire:

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:07 pm

picked destro, since i really dont see the appeal of midgets and metro sexuals. However if my friends go the route of le fag order, thats where ima have to go.
[glow=blue]
A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject
and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

Eirene
Ass Jammer

Postby Eirene » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:50 pm

I don't know...

Ting, Zera, Chubs, Josh, and I have been playing a 5 man Order RvR group and we're killing tons of people. I feel like I'm playing DAOC again, rolling people and taking names.

Our set up:
2 Bright Wizards - 50% crit tactic spec
1 Ironbreaker -
1 Runepriest (I played) - spec 25% lower cast time/25% more AP when casting spells in group tactic
1 Archmage - spec more 50% AP back when crit heals

Yesterday we did open RvR in Thunder Mountain (Dwarf/Greenskin level 35 zone) and we literally steamrolled a 25 person zerg with our 5 man. Don't get me started on our attempt of keep seiging...I was yelling at Ting "MORE DOTS, MANG..." Some of which was in our Destruction guild -- and they left the guild because we killed them :(

We did a Destruction group during 3.1 patch. Our set up was:
1 Black Orc
1 Witch Elf or Chosen
1 Chosen
1 Sorcerer
1 Shaman
1 Zealot or Disc of Kaine

I know we were destroying people in Scenarios.

If they don't nerf Bright Wizards when the game goes live, we may go for the OP Order classes. I'm sure they are going to nerf their tactics though, so it would equally match Sorcerers.
The message buck stops here.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:24 pm

Were still not set on a side yet. Ting and I were discussing group make ups a little today and were still pretty set on melee assist trains atm. Chosen are just monsters for destruction and you dont need to feed their abilities. We really have not met any competition on either server yet when it comes down to equal levels but the competition should pick up during live. We have a list of people we still need to sort out whos going to play what as we near the beta finish. It's going to boil down to 2 things -

class mechanics and population balance for the most part

Caster pbaoe is certainly the way to go for scenarios although thats pretty consistent for any MMO.

I know we had for our pvp twinks -

Destruction -

Ting - Shaman
Kazz - Zealot
Twyst - Chosen
Chubz - Chosen
Josh - Chozen
Nailzz - Black Orc

Order -

Ting - Sword master
Josh - Iron breaker
Twyst - Iron breaker
Kazz - Rune priest
Zera - Archmage, Rune priest

when the last patch came out day 1. Ting and Zera have write ups on the caster classes dealing with similarities, pros and cons.
Last edited by Twystyd on Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Sectoid
Pathetic Chode

Postby Sectoid » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:32 pm

The tactics are fairly the same for Sorc/BW I thought. I know I was decimating people on my sorc when they had us test City sieges. 50% crit tactic + 20% damage increase to your whole group tactic is pretty godly. Though I heard the crit damage talents are being removed/traded to other classes.

I plan on playing on a Core server, removal of Battle Ranks in the RvR lakes is killer for me. Probably will play destruction as well.
Kandar/Hamback

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:38 pm

Sectoid wrote:The tactics are fairly the same for Sorc/BW I thought. I know I was decimating people on my sorc when they had us test City sieges. 50% crit tactic + 20% damage increase to your whole group tactic is pretty godly. Though I heard the crit damage talents are being removed/traded to other classes.

I plan on playing on a Core server, removal of Battle Ranks in the RvR lakes is killer for me. Probably will play destruction as well.

They are similar and you'll definitely shine during keep sieges. The trouble is your lack of CC will really be tough when you cant utilize terrain to keep separation. It has to be fun as hell though running into zergs pbaoeing everything down.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:59 pm

:toothy10: Just got out of the rockies and am headed back east. Just saw the release date and I am so stoked. I'm really looking forward to getting back to playing the game and can see Mythic has been working hard for class balance.

I voted destruction and am pretty much set on playing a Pbao specced Magus with a healing Disciple as a main alt. Sounds like you guys have been working out the good group setups, so I'm interested in hearing what you found. Before I left Melee was owning ranged because of a magic resist bug...have they worked that out yet? :toothy10:
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Sectoid
Pathetic Chode

Postby Sectoid » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:10 pm

Twystyd wrote:They are similar and you'll definitely shine during keep sieges. The trouble is your lack of CC will really be tough when you cant utilize terrain to keep separation. It has to be fun as hell though running into zergs pbaoeing everything down.

Oh I wasn't even talking about PBAE, I was DD/dot spec. Build up full DM and doombolt/Gloomburst/Impending doom/rank 1 morale ability and it will almost kill a tank in about 5 seconds worth of cooldowns :).
Kandar/Hamback

Sectoid
Pathetic Chode

Postby Sectoid » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:23 pm

Elfdroper Gravelender wrote:I voted destruction and am pretty much set on playing a Pbao specced Magus with a healing Disciple as a main alt. Sounds like you guys have been working out the good group setups, so I'm interested in hearing what you found. Before I left Melee was owning ranged because of a magic resist bug...have they worked that out yet? :toothy10:

Yeah they've fixed resists from what I've seen. Sorcs/BW's were definetely top dog of ranged dps classes. SH got a nice buff too I heard decent things about their dps now. I would say Magus would be the lowest DPS out of all the ranged classes atm, hopefully they will fix that though.

Really it depends on the situation/group make up to determine when Melee/Ranged dps will dominate unlike before were Melee trains would pretty much curbstomp everything. In Raid Vs Raid or keep captures Ranged focus fire potential is pretty insane. In smaller 6v6, 12v12 stand offs Melee probably have a slight advantage, though I'm sure there will be some competitive 6 man groups with RDPS in them.
Kandar/Hamback

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:15 am

Twystyd wrote:Were still not set on a side yet.

I think the poll clearly points to a winner :biggrin: :onfire:

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:28 am

barbos wrote:
Twystyd wrote:Were still not set on a side yet.

I think the poll clearly points to a winner :biggrin: :onfire:

Well take that into consideration :bigups:

Nilbert500
Ass Jammer

Postby Nilbert500 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:16 am

lol who fucked the poll
Rift: Seastone = Defiant (Nilbert)
Formally known as Nipples

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:15 am

Looks like things are shaping up, sadly i think im going order fanboy of our group wants to be a fucking warrior priest.

bleh
[glow=blue]

A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject

and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

Bulor
Ass Jammer

Postby Bulor » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:08 am

i want destruction.

order looks to gay for my taste.

and i love playing a Sorc. the GTAE is just amazing for keep defence!
DAOC-SOLD

Lieph (heal)/ Sapporo & Djur(Sham)/ Qute & Brail(SBs)/ Bulor (war)/ Blackroc (ska)/ Antigun & Antigunn (SMs)

WOW-SOLD

Lieph (Warlock) / Vexi (Hunter)

WAR- CLOSED BETA!

Return to “Public Discussion”