so.. whats it going to be? Order or Destruction?

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.

Order or Destruction? Open field RvR or Core?

Order Open field
0%
Order Core
0%
Destruction Open Field
0%
Destruction Core
100%

Total votes: 1350

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:44 pm

If order is so uber omg then it seems we should go destruction. I thought we played the underdog and were not into the mass zergfest...

At least that's what someone said in an earlier post :dontgetit:

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:57 pm

barbos wrote:If order is so uber omg then it seems we should go destruction. I thought we played the underdog and were not into the mass zergfest...

At least that's what someone said in an earlier post :dontgetit:

Pretty much a major issue for Epic Fail. ATM every beta phase and every poll we have seen shows Destro outnumbering Order. So even though we may not like Order more it may be the realm down on population. Of course beta phases and polls only carry so much weight. Well have a few officer meetings and a guild meeting before the game launches. We have been able to rip it up on either side so....
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:26 pm

We'll be picking a core ruleset just for the fact that the pvp terrain is done very well, if they cannot cater to an all out FFA server then there is no point. Plus I know how many 12yr olds are just waiting for the opportunity to grief PQ's after all it was a bannable offense in beta. I'm going to avoid the aggravation and pvp on my terms since i can't punch the PQ leaeher in the face.

As for deso or Order and server name choice, it will be handled internally on EF forums and vent. We just might end up playing both just like I played all 3 realms on classics when I ran my 8man. Only difference will be that the core of our players are together in whatever side we decide to play.

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:28 pm

deso ftw :stupid:

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:18 pm

Tingtong wrote:We'll be picking a core ruleset just for the fact that the pvp terrain is done very well, if they cannot cater to an all out FFA server then there is no point. Plus I know how many 12yr olds are just waiting for the opportunity to grief PQ's after all it was a bannable offense in beta. I'm going to avoid the aggravation and pvp on my terms since i can't punch the PQ leaeher in the face.

As for deso or Order and server name choice, it will be handled internally on EF forums and vent. We just might end up playing both just like I played all 3 realms on classics when I ran my 8man. Only difference will be that the core of our players are together in whatever side we decide to play.

Why not discuss it here or are we splitting up again and not running under the BWC tag.
[glow=blue]
A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject
and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:01 am

ting doesn't like bwc :(

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:31 am

I only ask because im wondering if we are just going to be a sandbox for another guild to snatch people up.

Now I know things where a bit diff with AoC but lets face it AOC was trash. Those of us in beta know that for the most part WaR is going to be our DAOC part 2 for better or worse.

It may not be teh greatest but it is in no way shape or form as incomplete and horrible as AoC was/is. IE A large chunk of BWC will stay with WaR for a nice amount of time.

So yea are we going to be Reforming BWC or are we dead in the water so to speak.
[glow=blue]

and a sociopath[/glow]

Bulor
Ass Jammer

Postby Bulor » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:52 am

i think we should have it be the core BWC members that elf game the beta keys too.

i mean really now, chances are they will all be in the beta, true BWC, from mid merlin, under the BWC name, using the BWC site. Back to our roots!

finding the myth guild, and destroying them
DAOC-SOLD
Lieph (heal)/ Sapporo & Djur(Sham)/ Qute & Brail(SBs)/ Bulor (war)/ Blackroc (ska)/ Antigun & Antigunn (SMs)
WOW-SOLD
Lieph (Warlock) / Vexi (Hunter)
WAR- CLOSED BETA!

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:19 am

That about pretty much sums it up. Elfdropper did get nearly everyone sans myself, you (i think) Kim and a few others.

We should run under the Bloodwinter Clan Tag if anything. BWC has a storied history and it would be a shame to just push it aside especially with the reputation for better or worse we developed over the years. The thing is this is not WoW where its PvE and thin for the most part PVP. Wow is what pretty much put then nail in the coffin of the original BWC.

We all knew going into AOC, that while we had some of the hype the game was not going to be DAOC 2. In fact AOC turned out to be a steaming pile of shit so massive Rolo would have nothing to do with it. The fact of the matter is this most if not all of us are playing beta. Most if not all of us can agree that this MMO looks to be the closest thing to DAOC we will see for a good long time. Most of us can agree this shit will not require a 4000 comp upgrade in order to get 10fps boost!!! (I kid).

So its like this, WaR is going to be our new home for the foreseeablee unless somehow magically Mythic undoes all the work they have since 3,3 and we are left with 4 classes, no Tiers, no loot, no reknown etc.

So what I propose is this. We can work towards a common good, figure out just where the shit we are going to go. I know location is going to be a hot topic. Me personally I like to go where all the "Big Nasty Guilds go" Because nothing makes me gladder that smacking a bitch ass motherfuckers gall bladder out through his nose, while he makes an E-Rock star like Emo cryfest on youtube because of the beating. Where as others like to lay it low and sort of establish themselves.

Next we need to figure out what side we are going to play on. While I really really really and Hall means REALLY want to fucking play a shaman or DoK chances are Destro is going to outnumber Order greatly. Why? well because 1st of all Destro looks cooler, and that attracts certain people, Destro also looks more sinister that attracts plenty of people, and lastly Destro chick classes all show ass and titties, and lets face it the WoW Female nightelf Regiment is going to be all over Witch Elves and Sorcs like flys on shit, and for you light folks white on the perverbial rice. Order on the other hand whose 2 tank classes can be described asthetically as "The Midget" and "The Fag", You add to that pretty bright colors, Robes up the yin yang and you have yourself Albion Reloaded 2009, Complete with many many many Boyfriends/Husbands dragged kicking and screaming because (Destro girls look like sluts).

So chances are alot of us will be rolling order. In order to get the most targets to smash, and to tree hugging ass pound /taunt when we roll the Destro Zerg, with Destro on the side for casual play.

So in summary it probably should look something like this worst case scenario. Bloodwinter Clan, Epic Fail, Uruguay ( If I dont roll with the BWC core Ill be starting my own guild with a mix mash of people from WoW and Daoc Pre TOA) and perhaps even Dark Whisper Clan, figure out where the fuck we are going to go, make a decent Alliance which includes all of our guilds.

And then my friends proceed to lay the fucking smackdown, on an entirely new generation of WoW Spoon fed, Carebear loving, non assisting, refusing to kill the healer yet complain about DPS fucking ripping them a fucking sunder, Sandbox pvp loving, Welfare epic grinding, monkey asses.

And im Spent.
[glow=blue]

and a sociopath[/glow]

Candide
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Candide » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:06 am

I don't think there is any point in trying to decide which side will have more, order or destro. Only a relatively small % of any game subscribers are active posters in MMO's. If you go off of WoW, Order would be more populated. If you go off the more "hardcore" (ie people who read/post on forums, apply to betas, etc), Destro is going to be more populated.

For every point there seems to be a counter point. So we should pick the one we find most appealing.

As for BWC or EF? I don't care. We have pretty much the same crew posting here as over there for WAR. The idea of picking a more neutral name to pull together all the people we have branched out to play with over the years has some logic to it. I think the idea would be for Hall to invite those from his WoW guild in, Ting/Twyst to invite their WoW guild in, etc.

Of course, BWC means nothing to them, and neither does EF. So, maybe not.

Ultimately, who cares? Is it the name that makes the guild or the core people? We can go order under the tag ghey elves. We will have fun. I hate to see any strife over things like names drive the players apart.
Venderic, Candide or Mercutio in games.

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:07 pm

Thar be no strife Candide.

Id just like to avoid what happened back when we went to WoW, that was an almighty clusterfuck sandwich sprinkled with chives,
[glow=blue]

and a sociopath[/glow]

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:58 pm

Why not discuss it here or are we splitting up again and not running under the BWC tag.

Epic Fail is not BWC. Some of the core original BWCers are in Epic Fail and helped found it but thats where the similarities stop. Epic Fail has rules and mandates where BWC was a free for all. Examples of this in Warhammer are you must be in vent if you are logged in and you must read the forums so we dont need to tell every individual what events are going on. We will tax you to build the guild resources we need to be top shelf just like AoC. Epic Fail has separate boards then BWC and perhaps the largest difference is instead of being run like parent teacher night at the local kindergarten EF is pointed in a direction by it's leadership (GM and Ofcers) and people are expected to be team players. Were not pricks or anything and everyone is free to toss in their two cents in vent or on this board which is completely unmoderated besides spam bots. Some people feel were elitist but fuck it, id rather enjoy myself and not please everyone then be frustrated babysitting shit.

I'm really not sure what was the issue with BWC in WoW sense I did not play anything but a part time alt there. In EF we are fairly void of issues as drama queens, shitty gamers and douchebags get weeded out in a hurry. I for one don't care if anyone wants to use the guild name BWC. What I love about BWC is my gaming memories and the humor of good people on the boards. My gaming guild is Epic Fail with a group of great people I call friends. We use that name because 75% of the original EFers have no idea wtf BWC is and we wanted to merge several gaming groups (Mine, Tings, Sirions) under one tag. To think were going to fuck over the people that actually game so we can relive the glory days of BWC with people were not sure even play video games anymore is not realistic.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:59 pm

Here is the deal, when classics in DAOC released I took the initiative to lead the BWC Chapter, I fired up my crew to hit hard cap first and 8 manned until the server died.

Half of you people had your own intentions to play albs and split the guild in half running as the holly rolling rollers or some shit. I didn't care for it but we pushed on and did our own thing and it proved successful even went to Gareth after. Here we are some 3-4 years later with the same issue and I'm not having any of it.

This is whats going to happen, we are making a guild called Epic Fail in WAR, the people who are playing beta with us now will make the decisions in what side/server we roll on. We had 50 people in AOC, like we have 100 people in WOW. BWC was a great guild and had a rich history in DAOC but lets face it.... all of us have turned to a new chapter in our gaming adventures and anyone who hasn't just doesn't game anymore plain and simple. The fallout of WOW/DAOC Classics are the proof in the pudding.

Elfdropper, got us in beta for the majority this included me, twsyt, sirion, ceregon, chubs, zera, nailz, skirmisher, cretin, celes, elf, gorilla, (sorry if i'm forgetting 1-2) the rest of you took keys and never even bothered to take the initiative to play with us in beta which in my mind already proved your lost causes for not being team players.

AS it stands right now we have 150 members on Order, and 120 members on Deso in Warpstone right now. The idea was to get out name out there with open recruitment and run daily pvp groups and pick up some fresh blood and a following which we already have. Come release we will cap out the guild around 50-75 members with pvp as the heart and sole of the guild.

Come release we will have a set group of people that will run daily pvp groups. These are pre-made groups and what I consider the CORE of our members which are team players. Our guild will revolve around competitive group play with close political ties to few guilds among the server in a supportive role for keeps, seige etc.. Anyone who sets themselves above the guild will simply be removed.

You may choose to play with us or do your do your own thing, the line in the sand has been drawn. Most people who know me I think would say i'm a pretty easy going person and I really will group and play with anyone. I'm not afraid to speak my mind, but i'm also willing to help people become better. I don't consider myself an elitist nor will I ever turn my back on the guild or make it clicky where guildies feel they are left out or excluded.

I welcome anyone in BWC in the past to join us, we are already paving the way in Beta and we will continue upon release.

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:57 pm

Ummm. i played a good bit.... in EF

We only had a handful of keys and I would probably bet 80-90% of them were in EF, so I don't know wtf that comment was about. Several keys were never eligible to be used because mythic never sent the invites (probably system specs?)

<rant>
I still think since BWC earned those keys, taking them and rolling as EF was rather lame... regardless of what we roll as in release. But that's my opinion in the matter.
</rant>

I'm fine with it rolling as EF. But my opinions have never really mattered much anyway :onfire:

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:17 pm

You got to remember the whole Daoc X2 was when some people wanted to roll Albs and you wanted to have the Advantage of mid. It could have easily gone 1 side alb 1 side mid. But no one could agree which server to go to and no compromise was ever met. As I remember you winded up rerolling to albs anyway down the road so the point is moot.

But I guess it seems that BWC is dead so to speak in game wise then. Ah well we had a good run.
Last edited by Hall on Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[glow=blue]

and a sociopath[/glow]

Return to “Public Discussion”