AoC -

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

AoC -

Postby Zoidmeister » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:31 pm

I'll probably pick it up at retail time. 1 or 2 accounts but I won't be online all the time so willing to share an account with old DAOC members if interested.

No idea of class types yet but will probably do the typical support (healer) on one and mage/melee on the other.

Anyways PM me if interested.

p.s. I'll be paying for the acct + monthly etc.

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:35 pm

AoC tried and failed horribly bro, the game is massively broken right now. 90% of the end game pvp is either missing or broken, classes are imbalanced but that is expected in any mmo, their are frequent random lag spikes of 10k ms, frequent disconnects for NO damn reason(it's not your ISP as you will still be surfing the net and on vent with no trouble, there's a HUGE memory leak that will crash the game constantly.

Shit is bad bro, we started with about 45 people, now there's 2-5 people on, sometimes NO ONE is on, the game is in bad shape and we are moving away from it it seems. So take all that as you want bro.
DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion - Rift - GW - SW:TOR - GW2

Zera Targaryen - 80 Mesmer
Zera Giantsbane - 80 Thief
Zera Plaguewind - 80 Necro

Ceregon
Guild Drunk

Postby Ceregon » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:07 am

Yep, I agree with Zera... thats why I canceld my account and uninstalled the game. Maybe in a year or so the game will be worth playing. Right now I am in WAR beta so hopefully everyone in the guild who got in we can group up and level together in beta.
Bored.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:17 am

I'd also hold off for a bit man as AoC is anything but a finished project. The only value of getting the game now would be to lvl to 80 to catch everyone else so if and when the game is ever worth playing youd be right in the middle of the action. I agree with Ceregon and Zera about AoC's flaws although it has a lot more potential. The combat in War is the slowest shit I have ever seen and AoC requires twice the "effort" making the game more fun imo. One button powers are 1st gen MMO trademarks and need to go. Global cool downs are also as gay as it gets. I'm sorry but if I can activate abilities faster then you I should be rewarded, I know this helps out the casuals but come on lets at least try to make these games stimulating enough I do not use my MMO time to catch up on my phone calls. Time will tell.

On a side note the Goons are playing Destruction in beta so if we want to tap that ass well need to roll Order.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:09 pm

Hey guys thanks for the response ... don't login as often as I used to on the old BWC forums.

Ok ... I'll stay in holding pattern for WAR!

Candide
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Candide » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:09 am

Yeah, AoC is lacking a lot, and WAR seems more polished, BUT, AoC is actually fun to play (when there is something to do), WAR is just mindlessly boring so far.

Dunno, right now I wish it was Mythic making AoC, with the same design ideas. They have lots of polish in the game. WAR just seems so slow/old. I don't pay any attention, just smash the same button over and over while watching tv, during combat. I'm still a newb, but it's not done anything to grab me yet.
Venderic, Candide or Mercutio in games.

Nilbert500
Ass Jammer

Postby Nilbert500 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:43 pm

Candide wrote:Yeah, AoC is lacking a lot, and WAR seems more polished, BUT, AoC is actually fun to play (when there is something to do), WAR is just mindlessly boring so far.

Dunno, right now I wish it was Mythic making AoC, with the same design ideas. They have lots of polish in the game. WAR just seems so slow/old. I don't pay any attention, just smash the same button over and over while watching tv, during combat. I'm still a newb, but it's not done anything to grab me yet.

I know what you mean. :huh:
Rift: Seastone = Defiant (Nilbert)
Formally known as Nipples

Return to “Public Discussion”