WAR guild beta.

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:56 pm

Beratuul wrote:I'll fuck around with Ting later.

You don't need a beta key for that :nervous:

killets
Ass Jammer

Postby killets » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:20 pm

any codes left? :)

i'm done with wow i think.

do you need my system specs?

i think its..

dual core e6600 2.4ghz
3gb ram
8800gts 320mb
160gb raptor x
sb audigy2 platinum pro
intel p965 chipset (i think.. maybe 975.. i dunno).
pink's dad and mom are conjoined at the waist.

friend to all bwc/scourn. like it or not.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:07 pm

OK the guilds up. It's a living guild system in the mold of EQ2 so as the guild progresses it's members get rewards and shit. For example guild tabard is at lvl 6. The list is fairly extensive even at this point in beta.

/who Epic Fail to find us
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:32 pm

:toothy10: Killets sorry bro but we are out of codes =/ Had twenty and used em all.

We can use vent while in beta right? I thought i read somewhere we weren't supposed too?
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Sectoid
Pathetic Chode

Postby Sectoid » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:51 pm

You can use vent as long as it's only with other people in Beta, aren't supposed to use private forums to talk about it though. They have eyes everywhere apparently :listen:
Kandar/Hamback

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:10 am

Twystyd wrote:/who Epic Fail to find us

pffft BWC got into beta, not epic fail

epic fail indeed :onfire:

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:11 am

Epic Fail is pretty much BWC (my DAoC guild) that actually play these games combined with Sin (my WoW guild) and some talented friends. The reason we went with Epic Fail as a name is some people were not BWC and some people were not Sin. We tried to get the several beta accounts Marty gave us to people we could count on. We also hooked up people in BWC of course with over half the accounts with the first come first serve thread Marty posted. We know some of those counts are more then likely to never realize something as easy as the hard cap but it was a reward for BWC members no one else got. We also tried to spread out a select few accounts to site admins etc for the behind the scenes guys that make this community a reality with your collective efforts.

The Sin peeps and friends we had to drag in to bolster our wreck face element. To get the most out of the beta we needed to have a body of capable and reliable gamers. A lot of the forum are not active and have barely been part of our MMO community in years. Soon I'll actually be adjusting the forum access to reflect on the people that put in the effort of keeping the BWC community alive in recent history. We always have people come out of the woodwork when they want something but there is certainly a group of people that consistently keep this community on the map. Friends and members come and go and we will always reflect with a smile the old DAoC days but we need to balance everything with relevance.

Were using Tings vent for beta. Anytime there is a NDA in a beta there is a good chance you should not be talking about it. Try to keep the beta talk in this and other locked forums. We are also using the Epic Fail forums for the most part.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

Eirene
Ass Jammer

Postby Eirene » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:54 am

killets...pm me...I'll give you 1 elf gave me.

I find myself not having time lately to play.
The message buck stops here.

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:20 am

if you had an elder beta account why did you ask elf for a key in the first place?

I'm sorta amazed at the people who still read these forums but don't play any games with us but w/e.. I had 4 guys I had to turn away from beta who would of played everyday.

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:43 pm

I understand that not all original BWC peeps are in the beta and that isn't what bothers me. We got in the beta because of the writeup Elf did ON BWC, then we join and play with a different name?

Just seems lame IMO. It's not like it's going to last outside the beta anyway.

Eirene
Ass Jammer

Postby Eirene » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:41 pm

I requested a key for Jeff (better known as Phishbone). He was never invited to beta. He was in BWC also. Hell, Jason (tywsytd/law) even has met him. He and I are just enjoying the summer and don't have time to play.

I don't fucking care if you have people lined up ready to play WAR. I asked and I got a key. Don't give me crap about it.

So if who ever is in BWC core wants a key, just send me a pm. Jeff and I will just continue to bicker and fight over the elder key anyways.
The message buck stops here.

killets
Ass Jammer

Postby killets » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:58 am

thanks kim!! i'll send you a pm now
pink's dad and mom are conjoined at the waist.

friend to all bwc/scourn. like it or not.

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:04 am

Eirene wrote:I requested a key for Jeff (better known as Phishbone). He was never invited to beta. He was in BWC also. Hell, Jason (tywsytd/law) even has met him. He and I are just enjoying the summer and don't have time to play.

I don't fucking care if you have people lined up ready to play WAR. I asked and I got a key. Don't give me crap about it.

So if who ever is in BWC core wants a key, just send me a pm. Jeff and I will just continue to bicker and fight over the elder key anyways.

If Phishbone wanted a key I'm sure he would of posted that he wanted one. Problem is the last time he dropped us a line on these forms was 3 years ago. I'm sure he's just too busy in RL to play games with us atm like you said. You're obviously entitled to at least 1-2 beta keys as a BWC member along with your Elder account. I apologize if it seemed like I was giving you crap about it, I felt like you were taking advantage of free beta keys for being a BWC member in 2001 but I'm glad you cleared that up for us.

I'm sorry Beratuul, TrollFunk were apparently the new fileplanet with beta keys. Better luck next time.

Barbos, This answers your question of WHY were not rolling as Bloodwinter Clan. Most people have moved on to play other games past the Glory days of DAOC. Most of the core members just don't have time to play games anymore and if they do they are usually VERY casual and expect /ginvites because they associated with BWC sometime along it's 7 year history.

Epic Fail has 3 chapters in AOC, WOW, and WAR. It's something I forged from all the core people who played BWC at one time that treat games more then just AOL guild chat or forums. BWC has a rich history but it just that. History.

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:17 am

Tingtong wrote:Barbos, This answers your question of WHY were not rolling as Bloodwinter Clan. Most people have moved on to play other games past the Glory days of DAOC. Most of the core members just don't have time to play games anymore and if they do they are usually VERY casual and expect /ginvites because they associated with BWC sometime along it's 7 year history.

I understand why you aren't rolling as BWC. BUT, that history is what got most people in the beta, and I was expressing my opinion that being invited under one name/group and then rolling as another was in bad taste. It's the beta, it's not like it matters anyway. I'm sure the servers will be wiped before this thing is ever released (if it is).

With that sad, I'm not looking to change the name back, or persaude others and coup d'etat. I'm not upset about it. I'm just voicing my opinion and moving on. ;)

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:44 am

LOL, good shit Kim. How have you and Jeff been?

Well my two cents are I'm grown and really don't care about guild names these days. When Ting asked us what type of name we wanted the only consensus was nothing too fucking gay. Outside of that it does'nt matter and is more important for people that get caught up in reputations and shit. I'm just glad someone else is putting in all the GMing work. The running GM gets to chose the name its that easy. What matters to me is getting people under one tag whatever the tag may be. Hordes of Goonheim and several other huge guilds have already been spotted.

Return to “Public Discussion”