Old School BWC - whats going on

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
Qrak
L33t Boardwarrioring Assface

Old School BWC - whats going on

Postby Qrak » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:48 am

For some reason I was having these flashbacks of holding defending Renaris and pbae farming alb newbs.

Made me think about some old friends I haven't talked to in a while, what have you guys been up to? RSH organizing shit for WH?

I've been on BlackRock and still pvping arena on my rogue in BG9 waiting for something better. Toons name is Dekz UD rogue, dominating as would be expected.

Dekz / Qrak - Old School BWC mofo

Abysmal
Pathetic Chode

Postby Abysmal » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:28 pm

Hi Dekz, long time no see.

Sometimes I really miss playing wow, and I try to get into it again. After a while I realized that I just could not do it. It doesn't give that satisfaction in killing someone that other games did (daoc, etc).

I am still wondering how much the guild will come together when warhammer starts, at least in terms of original people. I am under the impression that RSH is interested. Should be fun!
50 spiritmaster, 50 shaman, 50 shaman, 50 bard, 50 druid, 50 chanter, 50 necro, 50 minstrel, 50 healer, 50 runemaster, 60 hunter, 60 warrior, 60 druid and 60 paladin

If de bees wake up from dey dream we all die, but she die firsand de
moshorrible. He brushed frantically at his face and knocked away not
fingers but a large spider.

SuperHelix
A Salty Surprise

Postby SuperHelix » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:52 pm

I;m here. :)

In WH Beta, needs alot of work.. Until then, wakeboarding, travelling, and console Xbox 360 games!
Gundorf the uber

Supreem
Ass Jammer

Postby Supreem » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:37 pm

Even if there is a BWC in Warhammer it wont matter... BWC in DAoC was a tight knit group of people. when we tried to form BWC in WoW everyone and their brother (literally) were allowed to join.... it was just not the same. The ONLY way BWC could ever be what it was is if the following happens:

1. We get a strong leader. Face it, celestrial and gundorf held BWC together when it was at its prime. If we dont have a leader we fail.

2. Only longstanding members from the original DAoC crew are invited at the beginning. If you weren't in BWC on Merlin you aren't allowed in.

3. Recruiting is restricted. Just because someone is a friend or a family member they dont get an instant pass to join. They must group with us and prove that they will fit with the existing members of the guild.

IMO this is the only way we can reign in Warhammer as we did in DAoC

If you agree with these conditions say aye
Wiredmessiah - Eve Online

:blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8:

Augomatic
Pathetic Chode

Postby Augomatic » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:53 am

Problem with 2. is that people have changed, at least their use of time.

Back in the day, I had hours to play MMORPGS, and would play 6-8 a day.

If I were to play now, I'd be the guy you wouldn't want in your guild, only playing a couple hours a week and spamming chat with newb questions.

Every guild/clan needs to reevaluate every few years, and either decide to become casual, or kick the old foggies out who have in the interim gotten more demanding jobs/wives/kids or all 3.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:06 am

Guilds have completely changed in the current age. They are a lot more organized and competitive then they were 5-6 yrs ago. No offense to anyone but getting 15 people to log on type /stick and run around together is not enough anymore. BWC is a great community and we always have the killer memories but I'm not sure it would function well as a gaming guild. Like Augo said; half the people here have not gamed in years and if they do it's very casual. The "top shelf" element is pretty limited here these days.

And being in beta for roughly a year now I don't know many people completely sold on War as sad as that is. I've learned to not get too hyped up on new games. My guilds going to try out AoC in a couple months so well see how that goes.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Mourningblade
Crotch Pheasant

Postby Mourningblade » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:19 am

Hey Qrakman!

Good to see your still around.

I just started a vacation from WoW, but i'll probably get bored in a couple months and reactivate :P

"I want to leave this world the same way I entered it....screaming and covered in someone else's blood."

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:31 pm

:toothy10: Aye Supreem Aye.

Twystd is right though nowadays upper level guild are filled with peeps who play 24/7. And sadly to say most of us have lives and cannot commit to that anymore. :toothy10:

Hi Dekz!
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Qrak
L33t Boardwarrioring Assface

Postby Qrak » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:37 pm

I wasn't sure if I'd get much of a response when I posted, man its so good to see so many of you guys still around. I agree DAOC was the heyday of mmo's not sure if it will get back to that. But what made it so good was the great people we had, and it looks like a lot of you are still around.

Sad to hear that warhammer is a long way from being finished, wow is having less and less for me. My toons gear can't get any better so there really isn't any progression and arena has this way of being more frustrating than fun unlike the old days of blasting through email at bard speed.

Looking forward to giving it another shot when warhammer is ready.

Dekz

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:45 pm

I've been schoolin kiddies in just about any PvP game I can get my hands on, 27 and my love for gaming is stronger then ever. Go Figure huh?

I'm not happy with aoc OR war I think they both are trash.

lawdawg is right, guilds have evolved into something much much different.
The days of old zerg guilds have just about fizzled. I have played with a LOT of gamers, and "top shelf" these days are sponsored guilds who win prize money. As most of you know top guilds in WOW are pretty much Paid pro gamers, but that also crossed from old CPL and CAL fps type games.

You can run kick ass guilds without pro gamers but it does require at least a core grp of people who play regularly and bring positive attitudes and aren't clicky. If you don't have that before a game starts your guild is doomed for an Epic fail.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:57 pm

lawdawg is right

Of course I am, I'm flawless.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Sectoid
Pathetic Chode

Postby Sectoid » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:35 pm

Haters
Kandar/Hamback

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:38 am

:toothy10: Ting is the hate master! :toothy10: Here's something to think about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOHtlmwm-Q4
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight

Elfdroper - Merlin

Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:24 pm

As much as i hated DAOC it had its moments. Wow is fun and all but its just a filler. Sadly ive become a pve nerd, I just dont find the pvp in wow to be all that fun.

tooling around with a hunter that might hold me over till war. As for War it needs ALOT of work if it sucks im keeping my pve ass in WoW.
[glow=blue]
A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject
and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

Beratuul
Ass Jammer

Postby Beratuul » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:14 pm

You always sucked at pvp anyways Hall.

On a side note, I've moved on from smoking too much weed to drinking too much. If the right game came along I'd quit work and just play. Whats up Dekz. Still parading your ass around Davie with your brother? I haven't talked to Killets in awhile, you still in the same guild?
Casper, Svenegal, Tassadar, Maurs, Maurier, Perigrine, Du Maurier ( I go by these names).

My shit tastes like corn.

Return to “Public Discussion”