Age of Conan

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
Bulor
Ass Jammer

Age of Conan

Postby Bulor » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:28 pm

so i did a lil Age of Conan beta today.

the fighting FELT cool, if i was actually able to figure out what i was doing.

like.. you have to press you attack style then hit your "attack button" to do that style. it's very weird. The way they configured the keys are odd.

buttons 1,2,3 are your attack swings style buttons after you "select" your move.

but being that WASD is your movement, and Z and C are your strafe.. you can't really battle dance. unless you remove your hand from your mouse, and just focus on dancing and styling with both hands.

Graphically, the game is insane, and this might be the downfall. I have a solid gaming machine, handles Call of Duty like a champ on high settings.

This game, beat the shit out of my computer graphicly. i had to turn everything down and off, just to have it concider working smoothly.. i finally found a dark corner to /face as i configured my abilties and such.

but my god, the graphics lag was so much, i wasn't really able to enjoy the game. I did duel some guy in the "prep room" but no damage was takin, or dealt. It was just figuring out how to style.
DAOC-SOLD
Lieph (heal)/ Sapporo & Djur(Sham)/ Qute & Brail(SBs)/ Bulor (war)/ Blackroc (ska)/ Antigun & Antigunn (SMs)
WOW-SOLD
Lieph (Warlock) / Vexi (Hunter)
WAR- CLOSED BETA!

Amit
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Amit » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:59 pm

the game looks interesting. perhaps that lag will be worked out before the release. are you in warhammer beta? how does the fighting compare?

Bulor
Ass Jammer

Postby Bulor » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:46 am

i got booted from the war beta.

war needs alot of work.

it's currently still below DAOC standard
DAOC-SOLD

Lieph (heal)/ Sapporo & Djur(Sham)/ Qute & Brail(SBs)/ Bulor (war)/ Blackroc (ska)/ Antigun & Antigunn (SMs)

WOW-SOLD

Lieph (Warlock) / Vexi (Hunter)

WAR- CLOSED BETA!

Amit
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Amit » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:32 pm

lawl, you call a GM there a DB?

Bakerton
Donkey Fucker

Postby Bakerton » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:14 pm

PD is going to play AoC. A bunch of us already pre-ordered.
No ma'am, the only gaping hole I leave is within your dignity.

-Law

And, what does the Search and Rescue of the Danish Army entail? Looking for your nations pride and dignity? Cause I don't think I could find that either, cause even Canada has more of both than Denmark.

-Beratuul

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:00 am

Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Nilbert500
Ass Jammer

Postby Nilbert500 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:41 pm

cool site law
Rift: Seastone = Defiant (Nilbert)
Formally known as Nipples

Return to “Public Discussion”