warhammer

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
Gorilla
Tripped Off the Short Bus

warhammer

Postby Gorilla » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:40 pm

so is the beta worth the wait? for those who entered..its been almost 6 months for me..the few people i hear got in had dual cores and dual video cards is that what u guys run into alot in there?

other than the new smash bros thats all i can wait for this summer as far as video games
Pain is weakness leaving the body

The residing KING latino

Chogall rapist

Phineas
Proud Defender of the 19th Hole

Postby Phineas » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:21 pm

Let me answer that question via the magic of interpretive dance and this link.

http://www.notaddicted.com/node/173

Bulor
Ass Jammer

Postby Bulor » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:03 am

that link speaks truths beyond measure!
DAOC-SOLD
Lieph (heal)/ Sapporo & Djur(Sham)/ Qute & Brail(SBs)/ Bulor (war)/ Blackroc (ska)/ Antigun & Antigunn (SMs)
WOW-SOLD
Lieph (Warlock) / Vexi (Hunter)
WAR- CLOSED BETA!

Eirene
Ass Jammer

Postby Eirene » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:55 am

OMFG I LOVE THAT REVIEW

and u know I love you all :blush:
The message buck stops here.

Amit

Postby Amit » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:56 am

well shit, i was looking forward to that game. i just saw that the siege stuff came out, that make it better?

Bulor
Ass Jammer

Postby Bulor » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:16 pm

the new seige stuff, seems more rushed, and restrictive.

like DAOC you had freedom where and when to place your seige stuff..

if you wantd 1000 trebs, you could have 1000 trebs.

now you can only have the ammount they say you can have, based on seige pads.

so your loosing out on many things. surprise attacks. multi locations to defend/attack.

you will see zerg 1 facing zerg 2. forever.
DAOC-SOLD

Lieph (heal)/ Sapporo & Djur(Sham)/ Qute & Brail(SBs)/ Bulor (war)/ Blackroc (ska)/ Antigun & Antigunn (SMs)

WOW-SOLD

Lieph (Warlock) / Vexi (Hunter)

WAR- CLOSED BETA!

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:39 am

I would assume they are basing their WAR designs off of ToA and NF.

Someone hit the reset on DAOC to 1.36 or whatever and lets go play it again.. Release DF, etc in the same time line and stop at SI mmm k?

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:59 pm

WoW 1.2
[glow=blue]
A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject
and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

Candide

Postby Candide » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:42 am

I don't even see it as wow 1.2. DAoC SUCKD at PvE. They had horrible questline stories. Maybe it got better with ToA and beyond, but through SI, it blew.

While wow lacks a great story line to me really, at least the quests were sometimes interesting, and the pve instances fun most of the time (not talking raid level, can't stand raids).

So if you make daoc 2.0, minus the open area pvp with nice goals, well, you've taken out the only good part of daoc and are left with stinking pile of shit.

They should have made daoc 2.0 with more "frontiers" area and less safe areas. Enough safe area to level if you want, but the focus should have been on pvp areas, that was their strength, and that is where there is a void in MMO's today.

They are kidding themselves if they think they can get even a fraction of WoW's numbers by trying to be wow-like. So play to your strength.

Oh well, common sense never was their strong point.
Venderic, Candide or Mercutio in games.

TrollFunk

Postby TrollFunk » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:34 pm

One can only go lol at that rant.....gameplay review from a beta perspective... /clap.
"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down! - Alan Partridge"

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:35 pm

TrollFunk wrote:One can only go lol at that rant.....gameplay review from a beta perspective... /clap.

I'll take someone's beta rant over some peon from the company hyping up how good the game "will" be in his podcasts. It gives a very clear explanation of how far in development the game is when it's due out this year? which we all know isn't going to happen unless they want it to fall on it's face at release.

The only true way to get a feel for the game is to test it yourself, you have to take every review about a game with a gain of salt cause you never know what their true intentions are.

I'm rooting for mythic to pull it off, but also know it could be the next Vanguard, or Dark and Light.

Gorilla

Postby Gorilla » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:57 pm

candide did u ever play the warcraft RTS series...i can see how possibly you dont think there is a strong storyline if thats the case....but really cmon...although sometimes easily guessed or generic...the storyline is the reason i play the game...although i do read some of the books
Pain is weakness leaving the body

The residing KING latino

Chogall rapist

TrollFunk

Postby TrollFunk » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:34 am

Tingtong wrote:
TrollFunk wrote:One can only go lol at that rant.....gameplay review from a beta perspective... /clap.

I'll take someone's beta rant over some peon from the company hyping up how good the game "will" be in his podcasts. It gives a very clear explanation of how far in development the game is when it's due out this year? which we all know isn't going to happen unless they want it to fall on it's face at release.

The only true way to get a feel for the game is to test it yourself, you have to take every review about a game with a gain of salt cause you never know what their true intentions are.

I'm rooting for mythic to pull it off, but also know it could be the next Vanguard, or Dark and Light.

Paul Barnett should be shot. Just 5 secs of his podcasts is enough to make me wanna jump out on the freeway.

And yes, rather a beta rant then a peon of the EA horde anyday.

Signed up alittle over a year ago for beta....have yet to get any love on the subject. :huh:
"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down! - Alan Partridge"

Return to “Public Discussion”