Hello.... greetings. Old timers, please read

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
Revenj
Drifter Gimp

Hello.... greetings. Old timers, please read

Postby Revenj » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:34 pm

Hello there

This is Revenj. Original owner of the Runemaster Revenj, who played on Midgard Merlin.

I would sincerely appreciate if anyone could answer my queries below. This will take a serious nostalgia trip...

1)
I distinctly remember when BWC was a few minutes old, one of the founding members invited me to it. If my memory serves me right, BWC was created as a merger with another guild... this guy was a leader or something of the merging guild.
Does anyone have the faintest clue who I am referring to? All I remember is that he was a Kobold.

2)
Does anyone know players by the name Ceregon, Kinkat, CripplSOMETHING (he was a dwarf runemaster), and Alustat.

3)
I used to be in a prominent guild called Myth, led by a guy called Drutt.
Anyone know the fate of this guild?

Thanks!

PS: If anyone remembers me, there's a good chance I remember you too, please dont hesitate to contact me via IM.
MSN: giz@egizmokid.com
Yahoo: gizmogosu
Email: revenj@gmail.com

Bulor
Ass Jammer

Postby Bulor » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:55 pm

1: not a clue

2: yes on cere(member of bwc) crip(that whore) and alustat (monty on the VNboards)

3: Myth totally quit DAOC(in theory) and started a revolt against the game.. and mythic. They do not plan to play Warhammer Online, and are sticking to Age of Conan. www.mythguild.net
DAOC-SOLD
Lieph (heal)/ Sapporo & Djur(Sham)/ Qute & Brail(SBs)/ Bulor (war)/ Blackroc (ska)/ Antigun & Antigunn (SMs)
WOW-SOLD
Lieph (Warlock) / Vexi (Hunter)
WAR- CLOSED BETA!

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:39 pm

How many guilds merged into BWC? I know mine did :nervous:

Abysmal
Pathetic Chode

Postby Abysmal » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:58 pm

Wow, that was a long long time ago. Law might have the answer to the first question. I do remember you though Revenj :)

Crippernera still plays, but I dont know if it is the original.

Who is this drutt you speak of? I played on merlin for 3+ years and never heard of him :/
50 spiritmaster, 50 shaman, 50 shaman, 50 bard, 50 druid, 50 chanter, 50 necro, 50 minstrel, 50 healer, 50 runemaster, 60 hunter, 60 warrior, 60 druid and 60 paladin

If de bees wake up from dey dream we all die, but she die firsand de
moshorrible. He brushed frantically at his face and knocked away not
fingers but a large spider.

Revenj
Drifter Gimp

Postby Revenj » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:38 am

Appreciate the replies gentlemen.

Could anyone direct Law to this thread, I really want the answer to that first question.

You see, the person I am referring to was the first person I saw when I made Revenj as a lvl 1 char... we were there in Gotar (wow I fucking remember the name of the newbie zone) lvling together.

BTW, Abysmal, what nick did you go by?

Supreem
Ass Jammer

Postby Supreem » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:43 am

From what I remember, Law and Cryhavok are the original creators of BWC. I can't remember all the original members of BWC but I remember Tobi (Farfar) and his friend Greak. My guild (Chaos Theory) merged with them shortly after that which is where me, Rolondo, Elfdropper (Gravelender), Guyute and a few others came from. When Andred came out a good portion of BWC started playing there and thats where we met CoE (Superhelix, Celest, and crew). When Andred started to fizzle both guilds came back to Merlin and CoE merged into BWC. That merge is what made BWC into the powerhouse it was at the height of Merlin's glory. Thats about as much of the history of BWC as I remember. I know I'm forgetting the names of a few of the other original members from BWC and I apologize if I left anyone out.
Wiredmessiah - Eve Online

:blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8:

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:02 pm

Actually Drutt and a bunch of people from Myth slowly Migrated to Albion/Gareth He played a good 1.5yrs there until he finally pulled out and went to Eve Online (Blah) He was a good read on VN with his 8man h8 and the "For the realm" attitude. People gave him tons of crap tho cause he got his first account banned for radar use and if anyone knew him radar users were "scum of the earth" Ahh it was good times. It's too bad BWC never blossomed on Classics cause thats truely the glory days for me, just good clean fun after radar bannings.

Now it's 2fg+ stealther zergs, 1 or 2 8mans and newb zerglings. I still find myself having fun on a level 24sb. I think lastnight I was @120db's vs 4deaths. It about the only fun clean solo play daoc has left and it's amazingly better then wow even tho there is no character advancement. Can't wait for Warhammer even the game mechanics look decent.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:34 pm

Supreem wrote:From what I remember, Law and Cryhavok are the original creators of BWC. I can't remember all the original members of BWC but I remember Tobi (Farfar) and his friend Greak. My guild (Chaos Theory) merged with them shortly after that which is where me, Rolondo, Elfdropper (Gravelender), Guyute and a few others came from. When Andred came out a good portion of BWC started playing there and thats where we met CoE (Superhelix, Celest, and crew). When Andred started to fizzle both guilds came back to Merlin and CoE merged into BWC. That merge is what made BWC into the powerhouse it was at the height of Merlin's glory. Thats about as much of the history of BWC as I remember. I know I'm forgetting the names of a few of the other original members from BWC and I apologize if I left anyone out.

Thats about how it all went down.

Heres our Andred beta pics of early members. It's our earliest gallery and goes back a few months before Andred was up. If you have played MMO's for close to a decade or so you would know Ozmen and Tabaal from the old PK UO guild "Cult" -

http://www.bloodwinterclan.com/gallery.php?g=41 (Both Cult and Clan519 guilded w/ BWC for beta)

Here is Drutt declaring his gay love for BWC -

http://www.bloodwinterclan.com/hosted/omgitsdrutt.zip
Here is the remix - http://www.unguilded.org/Drutt.mp3
Last edited by Twystyd on Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Keabit Guinness
Donkey Fucker

Postby Keabit Guinness » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:37 pm

Aalto was also among the origional BWC members with Lawdog and Cryhavoc. Snotrocket also? Maybe? Who was Baaod btw?
Maybus-Ranger-Aion

Journeyman Electrician

I have never been an enthusiast of the more obscure holidays like “Groundhog Day.” This type of holiday made more sense long ago when Doppler radar was not available and faith in groundhogs was stronger.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:45 pm

I believe Baaod was Cry's alt.

Myself, Snot, Cry, Ratpick (Cry's brother), Aalto, Farfar (Tobi in the day), Farfars friend that played a troll shaman (Topaz or some shit) and a few others. I know we snagged a pug to make up the 8 we needed. Keabit was there damn early too.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

Revenj
Drifter Gimp

Postby Revenj » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:25 pm

The time I am referring to is long before Andred/Mordred.

Let me see what I can remember...

- Myth, The Dark Arcane, The Fellowship, were the 3 powerhouse guilds on Midgard
- The Guardians were an upcoming power on Albion
- Hibs were the complete underdogs. The angry Elves guild was losing it's former glory
- Darkness Falls was quite popular (there was no SI back then)

hmm...

In any case, how do I get in touch with Ceregon, Crippler and Alustat?

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:38 pm

Revenj wrote:The time I am referring to is long before Andred/Mordred.

Let me see what I can remember...

- Myth, The Dark Arcane, The Fellowship, were the 3 powerhouse guilds on Midgard
- The Guardians were an upcoming power on Albion
- Hibs were the complete underdogs. The angry Elves guild was losing it's former glory
- Darkness Falls was quite popular (there was no SI back then)

hmm...

In any case, how do I get in touch with Ceregon, Crippler and Alustat?

It's been a long ass time but I believe Andred was before Darkness Falls. Also we predate those guilds dominating Merlin. It was PRX/Combine and CQ alliances. At that time we were about 10-15 members. I know I started DAoC in December a few months after release. One of my old gaming buddies Dreamer ran TDA so I played with him and Victer alot. I know TF and Myth were huge when CoE and BWC merged after Andred and we took over Merlin. The TDA core left for Shadowbane before BWC, TF and Myth ran the large Mid alliances.

Ceregon is around on this site from time to time. I would need to check with him or Sirion but I believe he may have had your former RM. Even if he does not check it regularly I know people that know him do. Perhaps send him a PM? Both Ceregon and Crippler are registered on this site and may get email notification. What is this all about anyway? Ceregon have another ill legit kid he doesn't know about. I'm getting tired of the numerous Ceregon you knocked me up and aren't sending me my babys daddy money threads.
Last edited by Twystyd on Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:19 pm

He won't pay up... trust me... :nervous:

hahaha

Revenj
Drifter Gimp

Postby Revenj » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:42 pm

I dunno. I just thought it'd be cool to get in touch with those guys. We ran some awesome gank groups back in the day.

My main motive of this thread was question 1 of my original post.
Oh well..

heh yea, I remember PRX/Combine/CQ/Covetous Crew... Albion had The Regulators, Spire of Liberty, IceClan...
Cool times.

Fardomar
Incompetent To0l

Postby Fardomar » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:38 pm

Ceregon played a healer , I do believe.

Return to “Public Discussion”