@tingtong

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
Supreem
Ass Jammer

@tingtong

Postby Supreem » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:51 pm

Wiredmessiah - Eve Online

:blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8:

boubou
Dickfingers

Postby boubou » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:22 pm

and he found time to get a girlfriend, what a freak on too much cafeine.
Hulk Smash, Troll Warrior 50
Lamorak

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:31 pm

Nice find! Yea the guy is a nut for sure.

However what he REALLY used it for was for Wowglider to make gold. Which is how he could afford the hardware and the electric bill. With the unique hands on play wow has it would be almost impossible to bot play accounts without some very aggressive scripting which would violate the EULA.

With my setup I run like $250 in electric, I sure with 40 it's well over 1K.

Honestly if I were to run anything more then 10 boxes in the future, I would make a small server farm and stack 1U's on a rackmount with some serious cooling. I can only imagine what that room generated in heat with all those desktop boxes.

If WOW didn't have the BOP Raid system you would see gold farming company's running custom scripts for raid boss encounters for gear to sell.

People who play a MMO's to exploit game economy's I think need to be shot. It's one thing to Plvl a toon sell it and promote the game, it's another to inflate in-game prices to destroy a economy forcing kids to buy gold outside of the game to keep up without investing 1,000's of hours of work.

In part I blame the Mmo company's copycating each other to make a buck. If these company's honestly wanted to get handle on farmers all they would need to do is make Tiered approach to the economy. Kind of like different currency's every expansion to kill inflation and make people who stockpile and sell money worthless. Just think if they were as aggressive at changing the economy as they are balancing characters/loot there wouldn't be a farmer who could keep up the amount of work it would take to sell to people.

Adida
Ass Jammer

Postby Adida » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:01 pm

personally i think the companies need to sell the gold themselves at half the price of the market.

TrollFunk
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby TrollFunk » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:59 pm

Personaly, i'd say keep the gold farmers. Let moronics assfucks keep buying the gold and have them banned for purchasing it.

Few things can make my day shine anymore then seing motherfuckers who purchase gold online be on the recieving end of blizzards ban boot.

It almost gives you a hard on.
"The temperature inside this apple pie is over 1000 degrees. If I squeeze it, a jet of molten bramley apple will squirt out. Could go your way; could go mine. Either way, one of us is going down! - Alan Partridge"

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:36 pm

Yea but thing maybe 1 out of 1,000 get banned? Yes it's nice to see but..say it was the new and improved Xunleashed Super hack and money duper... I bet you wouldn't be singing that toon then.

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:44 pm

Adida wrote:personally i think the companies need to sell the gold themselves at half the price of the market.

Altho, quite possibly a bigger money maker then the $15 monthly fee. You set yourself with with all sorts of legal trouble with the EULA since you are selling your intellectual Property rights to the game. Which also means people can undercut you. It also sets up a game for severe exploitation my making impossible ladders then offering the "short cut" for a few bucks more. Then it becomes a game of RL wealth which determines how you succeed. So you would in essence be selling nothing because no one would play your game.

Eirene
Ass Jammer

Postby Eirene » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:08 am

boubou wrote:and he found time to get a girlfriend, what a freak on too much cafeine.

His girlfriend does play with him.
The message buck stops here.

Phineas
Proud Defender of the 19th Hole

Postby Phineas » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:16 am

Eirene wrote:
boubou wrote:and he found time to get a girlfriend, what a freak on too much cafeine.

His girlfriend does play with him.

Though probably not in the way he wants.

Augomatic
Pathetic Chode

Postby Augomatic » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:33 am

How many characters can you realistically play in WoW at the same time?

I've never played WoW, but a friend and I used to run 8 characters at the same time in DAoC, but we were only really able to do it well using PBAE classes.

I've heard WoW has no PBAE.

Also, in his screenshot of characters, he only shows 5, and that might even be between him and his girlfriend.

Plus good guilds with 25 active players get wiped on raids, I have a hard time thinking he and his gf could run 25 accounts successfully through the same raids.

Supreem
Ass Jammer

Postby Supreem » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:10 pm

Yep I would be willing to bet that hes in the business of selling gold. Why else would he say that he stopped bragging about it. He mentions that hes about to retire and thats why he posted it. God damn gold farmers should all DIAF :onfire:
Wiredmessiah - Eve Online

:blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8:

Bulor
Ass Jammer

Postby Bulor » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:58 pm

well being a gold farmer.. seemed to be doing good for him.

more power to him.
DAOC-SOLD
Lieph (heal)/ Sapporo & Djur(Sham)/ Qute & Brail(SBs)/ Bulor (war)/ Blackroc (ska)/ Antigun & Antigunn (SMs)
WOW-SOLD
Lieph (Warlock) / Vexi (Hunter)
WAR- CLOSED BETA!

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:54 pm

If people spent half the time and resources learning how to create a mmo rather then farming in one, you would be far more financially stable. (Granted gold farming is a 900m. dollar/yr slice of pie.)I guess the mice on the wheels is whats keeps the profit coming for the suits.

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:39 pm

Un-fucking real.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:34 am

I know and pvp with Xzin. You can catch him on my vent at times. He can do some pretty whacky stuff like nuke a pre nerfed Vann's bunker by himself etc. I actually told him about Tingtong and his 6 SM's in DAoC.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Return to “Public Discussion”