ORDER or DESTRUCTION?

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
Abysmal
Pathetic Chode

Postby Abysmal » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:01 pm

Which ever side has the smallest population.
50 spiritmaster, 50 shaman, 50 shaman, 50 bard, 50 druid, 50 chanter, 50 necro, 50 minstrel, 50 healer, 50 runemaster, 60 hunter, 60 warrior, 60 druid and 60 paladin

If de bees wake up from dey dream we all die, but she die firsand de
moshorrible. He brushed frantically at his face and knocked away not
fingers but a large spider.

Candide
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Candide » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:25 am

felix wrote:Order will look like Alliance in wow, full of 13 years old kids

Having played both sides all the way up, these comments just crack me up. Here's a clue, both alliance and horde have just as many idiots. Different types attracted to each side (far more l33t speak on horde, more whiney little shits on alliance, at least on the servers I played), but you are gonna have just as many.

While I played horde more, I would say the alliance side was far more mature.
Venderic, Candide or Mercutio in games.

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:26 am

Alliance is for the weak. :bigups:

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:47 pm

Candide wrote:Having played both sides all the way up, these comments just crack me up. Here's a clue, both alliance and horde have just as many idiots. Different types attracted to each side (far more l33t speak on horde, more whiney little shits on alliance, at least on the servers I played), but you are gonna have just as many.

Although I understand and somewhat agree with most of what you are saying Candide I believe it is as simple as whichever side is least populated will have the least idiots. I've done about the hardest thing you can do in WoW which is make GM on alliance and almost there on horde (warlord) so I spent time with some dedicated gamers on both sides. You have idiots and good people where ever you play but realms like Albion, Alliance and yes Order will always be more populated 75% of the time. There are multiple reasons for that stemming from things like marketing, fictitious morale fiber and asteascetics.
Last edited by Twystyd on Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Danny
L33t Boardwarrioring Assface

Postby Danny » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:22 pm

Order for the Witch Hunter!
Broheim-Lvl somthingorother Ranger
You wanna knock my teeth out cop? Well try it because I don't have any teeth! (SMILES)-Some drunk guy I arrested.
http://www.bitchmakemeasandwich.com

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:25 pm

Twystyd wrote:
Candide wrote:Having played both sides all the way up, these comments just crack me up. Here's a clue, both alliance and horde have just as many idiots. Different types attracted to each side (far more l33t speak on horde, more whiney little shits on alliance, at least on the servers I played), but you are gonna have just as many.

Although I understand and somewhat agree with most of what you are saying Candide I believe it is as simple as whichever side is least populated will have the least idiots. I've done about the hardest thing you can do in WoW which is make GM on alliance and almost there on horde (warlord) so I spent time with some dedicated gamers on both sides. You have idiots and good people where ever you play but realms like Albion, Alliance and yes Order will always be more populated 75% of the time. There are multiple reasons for that stemming from things like marketing, fictitious fiber and asteascetics.

Seeing how I like to backup comments with factual data, here is the list of all WOW US servers and a snapshot of the population balance of each one within the last 30days.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/realmstats.php?sort=Ratio

as you can see on most servers Alliance Overpopulates Horde by at least 2:1

Now you hop on a server with 30k characters... thats 20k MORE characters then Horde. With a 95% General MMO idiot factor thats 19k more idiots running around then horde :D

Like law said it all has to do with the marketing of the game and lore that determines what people will play off the bat. As a seasoned mmo gamer I will look at class balance and group utility then I will look at population. If population limits play "Which it sometimes does" then I don't mind playing underdogs with constant action.

As this post clearly points out determining population on a personal basis is almost impossible. Pick what you want to play and let the rest of the cards fall where they might.

Return to “Public Discussion”