UFC 71 - The Return of Salaverry

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

UFC 71 - The Return of Salaverry

Postby Zoidmeister » Tue May 08, 2007 9:19 am

With the acquisition of PRIDE Ivan returns to UFC. Original dispute centered around his loss to Nate and the fact that Nate tested positive for something and Dana refused to reverse the decision.

Other than the Liddell, Leben and Salaverry fights the card doesn't look that interesting.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Tue May 08, 2007 1:46 pm

Agreed. And 72 looks even worse. Franklin as the main card are you kidding me!
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Tue May 08, 2007 4:03 pm

That's the problem with UFC going mainstream and ligit. I rather see 2 people step in the ring and beat each others brains out, kicks to the head juiced or not. I pay to see that shit I want my moneys worth, not some hobo vince mcmahon getting rich off of soap opera's with the ring as a stage. I'm sorry I stopped watching UFC a while ago. MMA belongs underground with NO fight promoters. End of Story.

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Wed May 09, 2007 9:27 pm

I forgot Jardine is fighting as well ... always exciting. I agree Law, 72 looks like a pass.

I think Dana White is riding a razor thin edge right now pushing PPV's it seems on a monthly basis. Guess he hopes to recover that $70M for PRIDE in short order.

Ting is partly right that a lot of the promo and hype is looking more like WWE style which is a giant turn off. The drama queens in the UF5 series is also a turnoff. I find myself just turning in for the last 20 min to watch the fight. I couldn't believe that guy in UF5 began crying because of his weight ... I turned off the TV in disgust.

Also was pissed off at the 1.5 hour Dana vs. Tito "fight" - "hype" - "commercial" that he put together. What an utter waste of everyone's time.

If they keep watering down these PPV fight cards people are just not going to order them :)

Augomatic
Pathetic Chode

Postby Augomatic » Thu May 10, 2007 7:37 am

I can't believe the UFC supports slavery. Thats just wrong.

Bulor
Ass Jammer

Postby Bulor » Sat May 26, 2007 10:53 pm

such a awesome UFC... only had 1 boring fight.

i love rampage jackson, the guy has a great persona... it works "the show" well.
DAOC-SOLD
Lieph (heal)/ Sapporo & Djur(Sham)/ Qute & Brail(SBs)/ Bulor (war)/ Blackroc (ska)/ Antigun & Antigunn (SMs)
WOW-SOLD
Lieph (Warlock) / Vexi (Hunter)
WAR- CLOSED BETA!

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Tue May 29, 2007 9:00 am

Agree Bulor it was another interesting night full of upsets.

Rampage is very likeable. Poor ol Chuck looked a bit down after the whole thing was over. My friend was down for the fight (Ivan's sister is his girlfriend) and they went to party afterwards at some club. Salaverry, Tito and GSP were there ... Chuck was supposed to be partying there as well but didn't show up.

Leben loses again ...

Salaverry gets whacked in his return ...

Jardine gets whacked out quickly ...

Liddell knocked out in like 1.5 minutes ... wow.

Oh well lots of chills and spills still coming down the pipe I'm sure.

Bulor
Ass Jammer

Postby Bulor » Tue May 29, 2007 3:38 pm

leban is a prick. i love it when he loses... i hate that kid
DAOC-SOLD

Lieph (heal)/ Sapporo & Djur(Sham)/ Qute & Brail(SBs)/ Bulor (war)/ Blackroc (ska)/ Antigun & Antigunn (SMs)

WOW-SOLD

Lieph (Warlock) / Vexi (Hunter)

WAR- CLOSED BETA!

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Thu May 31, 2007 11:16 am

Bulor wrote:leban is a prick. i love it when he loses... i hate that kid

Have to agree based on his behaviour last year ...

however he has become slightly more likeable the past 6 months showing greater courtesy to fellow fighters and being a bit humble when questioned about a potential future belt bout where he said he needs another 3+ years to mature as a fighter.

I probably won't bother order UFC 72 as I just don't think the card is stacked enough.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:46 pm

Zoidmeister wrote:I probably won't bother order UFC 72 as I just don't think the card is stacked enough.

I agree that card is weak as fuck although I'm an addict by nature and will probably order it. I'm going to 73 in Sacramento and love the way that fight card is shaping up. I'll try to get up a few picks.

As to who wins and who loses, nothing surprises me atm.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Return to “Public Discussion”