**Movie Review ** Knocked Up

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
Eirene
Ass Jammer

**Movie Review ** Knocked Up

Postby Eirene » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:58 am

Jeff and I saw the movie last night as a "test screener" before they make the official cuts for the release date (**edit June 1, 2007).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knocked_Up
About an unexpected pregnancy from a one-night stand. Katherine Hiegl and Seth Rogen star in the flick.

It's basically 40-year old Virgin, mixed with Freaks and Geeks, Undeclared, and Anchorman as the "funny" factor.

It'll most likely be released probably after Spiderman comes out because a LOT of references refers to "I'm going to see Spiderman 3".

Jeff liked the movie; I'm slightly impartial. I'm sure if you like Katherine Heigl screaming on top of her lungs "Go fuck your bong"...then it'll be something you will like.

Katherine Heigl's character plays Allison, a young journalist getting her big break at E! entertainment as a reporter. (I think one of the best parts of the movie was when Ryan Seacrest was like "F*** this and that. And yes, I want a cookie.") She meets Ben Stone, who is a "unemployed" stoner (Seth Rogen) at a club. Ben is basically a web developer and his 3 stoner pals are creating the ultimate website where if you want to find Tits, Ass or Bush of any actress in any movie scene in any movie, their website search engine will find which movie and play the 10-15 sec clip. Ultimately, Ben and Allison's 1-night stand produces an unexpected pregnancy and the whole movie goes through the motions of dealing w/a pregnancy...with Allison's sister, Debbie, (the actress who played her was HIGHLY annoying) and Allison's sister's husband, Pete (Paul Rudd), who bonds with Ben.

Some of the better scenes -
- Pete and Ben go to Vegas, to get away from the girls. Both start getting high on shrooms when they first get there. Ben starts tripping on shrooms during Cirque de Solis.
- The 3 other roommates get "pink-eye" after farting into each other's pillows.
- Pete's fantasy baseball league. The league operator says "Leave your vagina on your way out..."
- Getting their thing on at 4-5 months preggos...Ben didn't want his thing to hit the baby...haha

Some of the worst scenes -
- The Baby Crown scene -- they need to remove it...too graphical.
- Red Carpet part when she was like 8 months preggo.
- Shopping for baby cribs...

At the end of the movie, we had to take a 20 question questionnaire. We also saw 2 actors that were in the movie (Ben and one of his stoner friend), as well as 1 of the executive producers. In fact they were just hanging out in the lobby as we were leaving.

Overall, if you are looking for the next crazy comedy like 40-year old virgin, then Knocked Up will be your movie.
The message buck stops here.

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:15 pm

Cool rene!

Unfortunately I didn't like 40-year old virgin at all and the Anchorman had it's funny moments but seemed to die in the last 25% of the movie and they both go down as "stupid comedies" much like that Starsky Hutch movie.

I liked James Carey in Cable Guy and Liar Liar - thought both of those movies classic comedies.

Candide
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Candide » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:54 am

Finally someone who feels the same as I do. I simply can't stand today's comedies, they are mostly the "stupid" comedy that I just don't find funny. I can't stand will ferrel movies, hated him in SNL (along with almost all the cast since the mid 90's). I was so disapointed with 40 yo virgin cuz I thought I might actually like that one.

Very few comedies avoid the two worst settings IMO, which are the stupid movie, and the miscommunication flick. About every other year a movie comes out that has some intelligence to it and is funny at the same time.

All that said, not bashing what others like, just not for me. Obviously there isa huge followign for them. I think it is neat you got to see a movie so far in advanced. I've done some things a couple of weeks early, but never 6 months. Cool that there were some actors and what not too.

PS, sorry for typo's, I am on a lab PC with a tiny keyboard and just dont care.
Venderic, Candide or Mercutio in games.

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:18 am

Candide wrote:Finally someone who feels the same as I do. I simply can't stand today's comedies, they are mostly the "stupid" comedy that I just don't find funny. I can't stand will ferrel movies, hated him in SNL (along with almost all the cast since the mid 90's). I was so disapointed with 40 yo virgin cuz I thought I might actually like that one.

Very few comedies avoid the two worst settings IMO, which are the stupid movie, and the miscommunication flick. About every other year a movie comes out that has some intelligence to it and is funny at the same time.

All that said, not bashing what others like, just not for me. Obviously there isa huge followign for them. I think it is neat you got to see a movie so far in advanced. I've done some things a couple of weeks early, but never 6 months. Cool that there were some actors and what not too.

PS, sorry for typo's, I am on a lab PC with a tiny keyboard and just dont care.

Good to see I'm not the only one :)

Not sure if you've read any Chomsky and have heard about the concept of "manufacturing consent". Some of his stuff is a bit far out there but even if a fraction of it is true it's scary. Advertising and media's goal in a society is to "manufacture consent". Essentially population is best controlled if it is mindlessly consuming and working to pay for consumption rather than actually thinking about what's going on around them.

Looking at my TV program choices on my 300+ channels every night I can watch about 30 different versions of violent crime shows, 20 filtered news channels, 6 movies that constantly repeat on the movie channel and about 40 sport stations all except the dedicated movie channels loaded with 5 minute commercial segments. Oh and I forgot about 3 "educational" stations.

300 channels loaded with commercials, 3 educational ones .... that doesn't go a long way to improving the intelligence of the population. TV should definitely still have entertainment but we're sorely lacking in any real interesting content.

Amit
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Amit » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:45 pm

Penis boobies farts and p-juice cocktail.

Beratuul
Ass Jammer

Postby Beratuul » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:48 am

Its cause you fuckers are old and stale.. like the crackers I left out and molded beside my bed.

OLD.
Casper, Svenegal, Tassadar, Maurs, Maurier, Perigrine, Du Maurier ( I go by these names).

My shit tastes like corn.

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:29 pm

Beratuul wrote:Its cause you fuckers are old and stale.. like the crackers I left out and molded beside my bed.

OLD.

We're old but if you actually think the 40 year old virgin is a good comedy you've definitely smoke way to much weed or lost too many brain cells :P

Beratuul
Ass Jammer

Postby Beratuul » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:01 am

I've seen it once. I can't remember if it was that funny, I know it had some funny parts.

Best comedies from this year had to be Little Miss Sunshine, Borat etc.

Wedding Crashers, Anchorman, Old School, all classic comedies.
Casper, Svenegal, Tassadar, Maurs, Maurier, Perigrine, Du Maurier ( I go by these names).

Rishug
Incompetent To0l

Postby Rishug » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:49 am

40 year old virgin is a great well-written comedy, and I don't smoke weed

Beratuul
Ass Jammer

Postby Beratuul » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:28 am

Yes, but you were a pimp in wow, Rish.

Return to “Public Discussion”