BCS

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.

Who do you think should be playing OSU for the BCS championship?

Michigan - As usual Law is right
17%
Flordia - Michigan already lost to OSU so give the Gators a shot
39%
Wisconsin - They went 11-1 and they make beer up there
17%
Who gives a fuck
28%

Total votes: 18

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

BCS

Postby Twystyd » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:12 pm

I'm not sure the correct decision was made. Don't you think Michigan would destroy Florida? IMO, it was bull shit a very young and overrated USC leap frogged ahead of Michigan after losing to ... wait for it ... Oregon St.!!

If it would not have been a rematch, would Florida still be going? Don't get me wrong, Florida deserves it, but Michigan is the #2 team in the country. Michigan got fucked IMO as The National Championship is about the two best teams playing. If they're from the same conference so be it. The only reason Florida is over Michigan is because of their game against Ark, that is it.

Lets look at some factors here.

Strength of Schedule
Games against Opponents that are currently ranked
Michigan - 3
Florida - 4 (One of those being their extra game)

Average Rank during whole season
Florida - 6th (rounded from a high 5.**) Held 5th for 3 strait weeks.
Michigan - 5th. Held #2 for 7 strait weeks

Average of Point difference when defeating a ranked opponent
Florida - 8.5
Michigan - 14

Loses
Florida - Lost to Auburn, in Auburn by 10 points, who is currently #10, dam good team.
Michigan - # 1 Ohio State, in Colombus by 3 points. OSU is the best team in the nation.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:32 pm

Anyone want to guess on my vote?

Adida
Ass Jammer

Postby Adida » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:58 am

gotta give love to florida

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:31 am

seeing how i'm from WI, need I say more?

Beratuul
Ass Jammer

Postby Beratuul » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:06 am

no one wants to see a re-match. Its college, not boxing. Fuck Michigan.
Casper, Svenegal, Tassadar, Maurs, Maurier, Perigrine, Du Maurier ( I go by these names).

My shit tastes like corn.

Candide
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Candide » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:16 pm

FL lost to Auburn by 3 points. The last TD they got was on a total BS call, a "fumble" returned for a TD.

I agree, if Michigan had played Ohio earlier in the year, it would be one thing, and even as a gator fan I would say Michigan gets the shot. Despite thinking Michigan might be better than Florida, this is as close toa playoff as we can get.

We need at LEAST an 8 team playoff, though 16 team (one from each conference winner, plus a few at large) would be better.
Venderic, Candide or Mercutio in games.

Bakerton
Donkey Fucker

Postby Bakerton » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:59 pm

I hate the BC$....they need a playoff dammit!
No ma'am, the only gaping hole I leave is within your dignity.

-Law

And, what does the Search and Rescue of the Danish Army entail? Looking for your nations pride and dignity? Cause I don't think I could find that either, cause even Canada has more of both than Denmark.

-Beratuul

Keabit Guinness
Donkey Fucker

Postby Keabit Guinness » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:43 pm

Michigan got fucked again.

The BCS was designed to have the TWO best teams in the country play eachother. Not about conference titles. Not who lost to who already in the year. The two BEST teams. If USC won, Michigan would have stayed third in the poll. The leapfrog is such shit and Urban Meyer is the biggest hypocrit I have ever seen.

You add the bullshit human element to this, and Michigan gets fucked like they did in 1997's split national title with Nebraska. If then coach of Nebraska Tom Osborne, waited to announce his retirement after the final polls came out, Michigan would have won the Coach's poll and the AP poll and won the national title. Nope, the asshat fucking lobbied for it, and hence the wrongful split.

I can't beleive what I'm going to be doing Jan 8th. Rooting for Ohio State. Growing up in Michigan and bleeding maize and blue, I'd rather hang out with Law for a weekend rather than root for them. But I want this game to be so lopsided that people stop watching. I hope it's a yawner. Just to prove that by far, Michigan was the number two team in the country.
Maybus-Ranger-Aion

Journeyman Electrician

I have never been an enthusiast of the more obscure holidays like “Groundhog Day.” This type of holiday made more sense long ago when Doppler radar was not available and faith in groundhogs was stronger.

Beratuul
Ass Jammer

Postby Beratuul » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:08 am

GO BUCKEYES !
Casper, Svenegal, Tassadar, Maurs, Maurier, Perigrine, Du Maurier ( I go by these names).

My shit tastes like corn.

Mourningblade
Crotch Pheasant

Postby Mourningblade » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:03 am

I'd rather hang out with Law for a weekend rather than root for them.

Whoa whoa whoa......

No need to do anything drastic

"I want to leave this world the same way I entered it....screaming and covered in someone else's blood."

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:32 pm

In many parts of the world your social life is not recognized unless I am involved. I'm booked through April but I'll try to find some charity time.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Phineas
Proud Defender of the 19th Hole

Postby Phineas » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:16 pm

Writing in vote for WVU.

Eirene
Ass Jammer

Postby Eirene » Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:47 pm

OSU...my cousins go there <3
The message buck stops here.

Keabit Guinness
Donkey Fucker

Postby Keabit Guinness » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:16 pm

Sigh. Another New Year, another disappointing start. Seems Michigan was over-rated and/or their coach is sub-par to Carrol and Tressel. Time for a change. Lloyd did nothing to adapt to USC's 2nd half attack. Oh well. Four straight bowl losses.

Can't jump off the wagon now. At least Hart and Henne are returning next year. Hope Lloyd can do a better job next year.
Maybus-Ranger-Aion

Journeyman Electrician

I have never been an enthusiast of the more obscure holidays like “Groundhog Day.” This type of holiday made more sense long ago when Doppler radar was not available and faith in groundhogs was stronger.

Candide
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Candide » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:37 pm

Hrm, 41/14. Guess not much of a debate anymore :P

Edited to add: This just goes to show how much stronger SEC is than other conferences. Ohio State didn't even look competitive. Can't blame 4 quarters of suckiness on the long gap between games, which is their conferences own fault anyways.

I still say if you take away that HORRID call in the auburn game and UF would be undefeated (squeeking by many teams, yes, but far tougher game in and game out schedule, #1 toughest in the nation)
Venderic, Candide or Mercutio in games.

Return to “Public Discussion”