UFC 62

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

UFC 62

Postby Twystyd » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:55 pm

I told you Chick Liddell is a bad man. It took 93 seconds to floor that tool. Bring on Silva.

Chuck Liddell (perhaps the worlds biggest badass) and Matt Hughes are the real deal.
- Law
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Rishug
Incompetent To0l

Postby Rishug » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:57 pm

who will ever beat Liddel...you can't punch him...and you can't ever take him down. Randy Coutoure did pretty good but he's retired...

And I don't think anyone will beat Hughes for a while either...

Franklin is probably the next champ to be beat out of any of them possibly...fights that Silva guy who smashed Chris Liebens face in next. Franklin's good too though. All the champions now are pretty dominant.

Mourningblade
Crotch Pheasant

Postby Mourningblade » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:50 pm

Hehe, my conference was just ending in the Mandalay Bay on Friday when they had the weigh in. I walked right by that Liddell guy (not knowing who he was at the time).

I just thought to myself there were some real roid freaks hanging out in the convention center.

Unfortunately I had to fly out the morning of the fight.

:P

"I want to leave this world the same way I entered it....screaming and covered in someone else's blood."

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:03 am

Yep good fights and Liddell is almost unstoppable at 205. Can't wait till he pounds the ego out of Ortiz again :P Silva will be probably the biggest challenge for Chuck. He decimates people in Pride, has serious knock-out power but is also very good in submissions ... something I haven't seen Chuck do in a while.

BTW Franklin is middleweight fighting at 185 so very unlikely he will go up to 205 and fight Liddell.

Franklin's fight against Nate Quarry was hilarious ... before the fight Nate was saying that Franklin has a glass chin and he was going to knock him out ... Franklin knocked him out (one of the most stunning knockouts I've seen in the UFC) like 10s into the fight LOL.

BJ PENN vs Hughes - will be a great fight to watch just as St. Pierre vs. the winner. St. Pierre is the best Canadian I've seen so far.

Rishug
Incompetent To0l

Postby Rishug » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:50 am

i herad the Vanderlay Silva (or however you spell it) fight with Chuck fell through and it's not going to happen.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:15 pm

Rishug wrote:i herad the Vanderlay Silva (or however you spell it) fight with Chuck fell through and it's not going to happen.

Now you made me sad Rishug :(

Man I would love to see that.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Rishug
Incompetent To0l

Postby Rishug » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:09 pm

straight from Dana White's mouth...but it could happen never know

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:59 pm

Rishug wrote:straight from Dana White's mouth...but it could happen never know

It would be the most challenging fight for Liddell that I could forsee ... too bad it isn't going to happen anytime soon :(

The amazing thing about Liddell is his takedown defence. If you watch UFC regularly its quite amazing that someone can avoid being taken down. This guy has done it against the best takedown in the category (Ortiz - wrestling spec :) ) quite handily.

Liddell is spec'd perfectly 50 weap / 50 shield (aka takedown) ... the guy is truly amazing.

Return to “Public Discussion”