Kingdom of Fear, review

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
Yuengling
L33t Boardwarrioring Assface

Kingdom of Fear, review

Postby Yuengling » Sat Mar 08, 2003 2:57 pm

So I bought Hunter S. Thompson's newest book Kingdom of Fear. I know some of you where interested in finding out how it is. I find it quite entertaining. I havent exactly read all of his previous shit, but I know that some of the sections in Kingdom of Fear are from other books. There is also alot of new stuff though. He explains his views on current issues like 9/11 and Iraq and Bush, which is all very interesting, entertaining and of course gonzo. It does get serious at times, but has a very heavy overtone of outrageous fun. There are some pictures as well, but mostly ones that I have seen before.

If you are into his writing, I would go out and buy it. I'm not disappointed at all.
Yuengling - lvl 52.63 [+1.22] Drunkard

Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:01 pm

Interesting I read Hunter's "Hell's Angels" book a while back and he's a good writer ... may have to pick up this title.

On a side note if you like true crime titles I suggest Yves Lavigne's set of Hell's Angels as well.

Yuengling
L33t Boardwarrioring Assface

Postby Yuengling » Sun Mar 09, 2003 1:52 pm

Hell's Angel's is a very good example of HST's work. Everyone should read that one.
Yuengling - lvl 52.63 [+1.22] Drunkard

Worker bees can leave

Even drones can fly away

The queen is their slave.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:32 pm

I try to read all of Hunters work.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Return to “Public Discussion”