warhammer... even though this forum supposed to be dead.

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
killets
Ass Jammer

warhammer... even though this forum supposed to be dead.

Postby killets » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:59 pm

alright.. so is warhammer gonna be our next game after wow (or at least some of us in wow, seperately)?

my buddy in wow (from lance.. cyce if know) says for sure he's gonna run a guild in warhammer. he says from what he understands right now, he's gonna need a zerg guild. we gonna do the same thing? we want to join him?

he ran a zerg guild on lance for a while, then when me and some other old bwc people came over to lance and the guild died on lance, he sucked us up and turned us into the leet 8man group we wanted to be originally :)
pink's dad and mom are conjoined at the waist.

friend to all bwc/scourn. like it or not.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:20 am

Sorry I moved this from DoG so people could see it. Right now on Admin (Barbos and I) and Mods (Kim, Bulor and Killets) can see DoG as I erased the user group.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Augomatic
Pathetic Chode

Postby Augomatic » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:25 am

Personally, I'd like to wait and see till the game gets closer before commiting to anything like this.

At this stage, we have no idea how many people will play with BWC, or even what a good guild size is for Warhammer. I really don't think there is enough info out yet.

There are quite a few people in BWC, but most have now been in several guilds, and have RL connections, so I'm worried about the whole "splittering" effect.

What I'd really like to see, is a consensus of what BWC will be about on the new server (hardcore? zergstyle? casual? playtimes?) and make sure everyone who starts is onboard with whatever we do.

Otherwise I think we're going to end up with what I gather happened in WoW, and what did happen on DAoC classic, where it just fizzled out after a few weeks.

Mosthula
Oversized Douche Bag

Postby Mosthula » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:19 am

I have high hopes for warhammer since it will be Mythic's second attempt at an MMO. And as much as most everyone is bored with DAoC they had imho the best pvp end game implementation of any game to date.

I think the problem nowadays is that everyone has such high standards and expectations having been gaming for so long. This isnt a bad thing as we should expect more from our games. It's just a fact of life for us, and unless something comes along and blows our minds we arent going to see the guild back together in one big cohesive unit.
Cthulhu - 50 ML6 - Shadowblade - Merlin (Un-Retired)
Cliibhlibh - 50 ML6 - Shaman - Merlin(Ya I actually RvR with him)
Nosthu - 50 ML3 - Zerk - Merlin
Mosthula - 50 - Minstrel - Albion Lamorak (Retired)
Mosthula - 50 - Lurikeen Champ - Mordred (Retired)

Bulor
Ass Jammer

Postby Bulor » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:29 am

i'm looking forward to warhammer.

and i'd rather wait a bit for more info as to what type of gameplay warhammer is going to push.

i wouldm't mind a "large" guild, aslong as it's a "large" guild that gets things done.
DAOC-SOLD
Lieph (heal)/ Sapporo & Djur(Sham)/ Qute & Brail(SBs)/ Bulor (war)/ Blackroc (ska)/ Antigun & Antigunn (SMs)
WOW-SOLD
Lieph (Warlock) / Vexi (Hunter)
WAR- CLOSED BETA!

killets
Ass Jammer

Postby killets » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:59 am

This was originally in DoG which is a dead forum, so ignore the thread title :)

anyways, law was talking to me about running a BWC on Warhammer, and basically, I think I'm going to help my buddy Cyce run a guild there. He wants to make a zerg-style guild, basically how BWC was. (He was the guild leader of a guild on Lancelot, which was basically the hib equiv of BWC Mid/Merlin... a core group of maybe 15-16 quality players, with about 15-20 additional more casual players, and they would run multi-group PvP raids on keeps and stuff... then when me, puppets/contre, dekkz came along, we turned them into an 8man guild).

i know a lot of you guys probably haven't even played with me ever in any online games (or seen me rarely), just know my board-troll personality. only really, greak, dwayne, tav, zhoa/lubu, psycho played with me a significant amount of time. kim, tom (the swede tom), farfar, jay, to a lesser degree. but i'm a good guy, and i always know my shit.

ting, i see you are rolling with a few lance expatriots on whatever daoc server that is you're playing on, since i recognize cutyy and blackrobe and moxi :) they'll know us as the TNO A-team, contre, dekkz, cyce, kruuger(inde), me, psycho/kali, monsters (if you guys still like daoc, watch his videos.. his gimp warden solo killing groups of 3+ RR8+ guys, etc) :)

warhammer is still a ways off, so we're going to still be playing WoW until then. If anyone else would be interested in running with us, lemme know. it would be co-gm'd with another old buddy of ours, Inde.

(if you're wondering what kind peeps they are, Cyce is basically a younger version of dwayne, who is more hardcore about gaming.. he's almost HWL Rank 14 in WoW if that tells you anything hehe, and had a RR11+ bard when we were running 8mans on Lance. Inde is still running Lance I think, I think he has like 3x RR12+ guys now)

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:09 pm

anyways, law was talking to me about running a BWC on Warhammer, and basically, I think I'm going to help my buddy Cyce run a guild there

The guild could be named Donkeyfuckers as much as I care honestly. It just makes sense to find someone that will take the reigns, do the homework and perhaps can supply direction. This was based from a conversation I had with Winke on BH about who we were going to game with for Warhammer. With Warhammer beta rumored to start this fall it was time to start tossing and discarding ideas. If there is one thing you can tell by Killets 'troll presence' it's he definitely wraps his mind around a game. Just my two cents.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

Augomatic
Pathetic Chode

Postby Augomatic » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:17 pm

So, to get this straight, you are going to help your friend Cyce, run a zerg style guild, and are going to call it BWC?

I'm really not picky about names or anything, but it seems weird to call it BWC. Why not call it after the guild that Cyce ran that you all joined?

I've just never been a big fan of guild type mergers, especially even before the game is out and there really isn't much to know what size of group the game will effectively target. What inevitably happens is you end up with a core group, and a bunch of subs, that get little/no inclusion.

Now, if its all up front and honest, hey, its no problem, but usually its not (because people don't want the "subs" to quit). I remember when BWC ended, a bunch of us joined Ravenous. I'd log on, try and stir up some RvR, but no one would be interested. The second they had 8 from their "A class" players, bang, a group would form, and off they'd go. If they had just told me "you won't get RvR groups", it would have been fine, but it was pretty much an unwritten rule.

Its happened in multiple other games, even in DAoC classic it was like that, where everyone would do their "own thing" until their preset levelling group was on, and they'd be off XPing, despite at the time, the guild was saying it was going to be casual and informal.

Anyways, the point I'm trying to make is I'm going to be somewhat careful about what I do in WarHammer, and make sure whatever I do it fits.

If its another case of "Hey, we are going to let anyone and everyone who's ever worn a BWC tag, or knew someone, or can spell BWC join, with everyone playing in their own little cliques, at all different levels", I'll probably pass. I really think to enjoy a game, you need to play with players who are all around the same skill level, and have around the same commitment to the game. If whatever BWC decides that to be for WarHammer doesn't fit my current situation, then I'm sure I'll still stay friends with people in BWC, since I think the biggest problem that happens is they have to be in a guild with "friends", which really I think isn't the point.

Anyways, long post, its Friday, and i'm trying to kill the work clock :D

Not playing much of anything besides chasing around the baby.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:58 pm

So, to get this straight, you are going to help your friend Cyce, run a zerg style guild, and are going to call it BWC?

I think Killets said it will not be called BWC.

Anyways, the point I'm trying to make is I'm going to be somewhat careful about what I do in WarHammer, and make sure whatever I do it fits.

Very wise.

If its another case of "Hey, we are going to let anyone and everyone who's ever worn a BWC tag, or knew someone, or can spell BWC join, with everyone playing in their own little cliques, at all different levels", I'll probably pass.

That was my take on WoW and BWC. As sad as it may sound to others I do not regret not playing with BWC on Bleeding Hollow. Passing on the Blackrock guys may have been a mistake though...

I really think to enjoy a game, you need to play with players who are all around the same skill level, and have around the same commitment to the game. If whatever BWC decides that to be for WarHammer doesn't fit my current situation, then I'm sure I'll still stay friends with people in BWC, since I think the biggest problem that happens is they have to be in a guild with "friends", which really I think isn't the point.

That is what is most important. I will always value the friendships I have made and the relationships on these forums but there is something to be said about trying to maintain a guild of individuals with common purpose and ability.

Augomatic
Pathetic Chode

Postby Augomatic » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:17 pm

Ah, ok, cool, was just misunderstanding on the name thing then. Either way, like I said, I'm not really picky about the names (I think BWC should be dropped permanently for the Holy Rollers!), just seemed odd.

I just think in the end guilds should be about a group of people with the same goal in a game, rather then a group of friends (unless the goal is to just have friends :D)

killets
Ass Jammer

Postby killets » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:29 pm

yea, and i figured i would let you guys know, since the guild he used to run was like BWC for a long time. It was called "TNO" or "The Nameless Ones" which was kinda a gay name. When we moved to WoW, the guild name was just "Scorn" :)

I don't think it's a guild merger, but since he said he wanted to run it like a big guild (which means more open to casuals), you guys might be interested. There is probably gonna be a more elite squad of regulars (people who play EVERYDAY, and who have their shit together), but during primetime, if history is any indication, means zerg time, and 8 mans don't mix well with zerg time.

obviously the best players are gonna be known b/c of skill and playtime, but that shouldn't really obstruct what they end up doing during primetime.

Xarkon
Ass Jammer

Postby Xarkon » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:08 pm

Next year when this comes out i am going to be starting college so who knows how the fucking much time i'll have, but i want to run with people i like and shit like that. None of this someone pissed you off and you run around with you head chopped off crying to mommy then leave. People who'll stick together through thick and thin. Its a new game we'll make mistakes. I personally don't want some 13 year cockgobbler yelling at me or other people because there was some stupid mistake (which i make from time to time). So its up in the air, but mostly i'm in the same boat as augo
To Many Xark's to count

Mourningblade
Crotch Pheasant

Postby Mourningblade » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:32 pm

heh, I wouldn't mind running with the old TNO crew again....

tho I think warhammer is an awful long way off still :P

"I want to leave this world the same way I entered it....screaming and covered in someone else's blood."

killets
Ass Jammer

Postby killets » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:42 pm

oh yea, mourningblade was part of that crew as well :)

to be fair, we had our fair share of drama too, but mostly it was b/c of a certain person who was kind of a cyberslut causing major drama.

Augomatic
Pathetic Chode

Postby Augomatic » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:27 pm

killets wrote:oh yea, mourningblade was part of that crew as well :)

to be fair, we had our fair share of drama too, but mostly it was b/c of a certain person who was kind of a cyberslut causing major drama.

I didn't know Phillll played on Lance?

Return to “Public Discussion”