Anyone play bass

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
Xarkon
Ass Jammer

Anyone play bass

Postby Xarkon » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:13 pm

Was wondering where to start. Never played guitar or bass before but want to learn bass. I've played a few other instruments so i know the basics and shit

Decent bass+amp with cost me? and what would they be

ty
To Many Xark's to count

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:51 pm

Maybe 300$ for bass and 100$ for amp?

Bass is easy, you just have to play it... :bigups:

Bakerton
Donkey Fucker

Postby Bakerton » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:18 am

I think Barbos got it about right....also look in the want ads of th elocal paper...might find a deal...get some beginner books to teach you notes etc and then maybe get some tab books by bands you like...I had the old Metallica Kill 'em all book about 14 years ago when I played :P

Xarkon
Ass Jammer

Postby Xarkon » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:37 pm

found a nice squier + amp combo for 250
To Many Xark's to count

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:19 pm

Good... now maybe you can do something else besides farm on your days off... :bigups:

Xarkon
Ass Jammer

Postby Xarkon » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:23 pm

start working as snowboard instructor for a local mountain once it snows and well you wont be seeing much of me for a few months
To Many Xark's to count

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:58 pm

:(

What will we do in the meantime ?

Xarkon
Ass Jammer

Postby Xarkon » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:51 pm

still trying to get a car and been taking cisco courses
To Many Xark's to count

Danny
L33t Boardwarrioring Assface

Postby Danny » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:49 am

save yourself the frustration of having to relearn techniques when u realize five years later you are doing everything wrong and just pay the money and go to a reputable instructor. Played guitar for 10 years now and am very glad i took lessons for 7 years. Would still be playing simple chords and stuff rather then classical music and blues which takes something so many of the guitarists in these new fangled bands don't have...TALENT!

Fender bass guitars are nice and marshall amps are very nice as well.
Broheim-Lvl somthingorother Ranger
You wanna knock my teeth out cop? Well try it because I don't have any teeth! (SMILES)-Some drunk guy I arrested.
http://www.bitchmakemeasandwich.com

The Queen of All Evil
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Postby The Queen of All Evil » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:28 am

Danny wrote:save yourself the frustration of having to relearn techniques when u realize five years later you are doing everything wrong and just pay the money and go to a reputable instructor. Played guitar for 10 years now and am very glad i took lessons for 7 years. Would still be playing simple chords and stuff rather then classical music and blues which takes something so many of the guitarists in these new fangled bands don't have...TALENT!

Very sound advice. I’m not a musician. But my kid is. He is able to pick out and play songs and other shit he hears on the radio, his CDs etc but at the same time can tackle complex pieces because he took the time to learn to read music and play his instrument right.
Kiss my ring.

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:28 pm

Danny wrote:save yourself the frustration of having to relearn techniques when u realize five years later you are doing everything wrong and just pay the money and go to a reputable instructor. Played guitar for 10 years now and am very glad i took lessons for 7 years. Would still be playing simple chords and stuff rather then classical music and blues which takes something so many of the guitarists in these new fangled bands don't have...TALENT!

Bad habits are hard to break once you burnt them in... Very good advice.

Return to “Public Discussion”