Long Past the Hour - Reserves on the Soul I

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
Pytt
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Long Past the Hour - Reserves on the Soul I

Postby Pytt » Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:03 am

Dearest Friends,

You have long since been gone from here and the days of yesturday have trodden forward to a new beginning - or in my case - a quiet end. As of late, I cannot remember the smirk that often visits your face since the days have begun to blend together in a mist that somehow fogs my mind. Waking each morning has become an ill - awaited chore that wieghs upon my heart and makes my eyes almost detest the very brightness of the sun appearing through my sky windows. Once filled with so much passion to fill so little time, it is unfortuante, that I now have become a recluse, a hermit of sorts. There may be nothing wrong with a simple recluse or hermit; however, the rub comes with the mention of dreams. Shakespere once said "We are such stuff that dreams are made of, and this little life is rounded with a sleep."

Life in Rochester, atop the third floor of of a one family house, under the low cieling of an attic, I sit and contemplate the very importance of dreams and all that can be achieved with one mans burning soul. After all, the most important thing in life are not reached with hands or eyes or any other such physical attributes, but rather they are a function of the power of ones mind, heart, and soul. And now my point: dreams are life, no matter how they are set or how unreachable they may seem, without them, all of life is to perish and we are to drown in our own guilt for not seeking to obtain what we desire. See friends, a day spent without any attempt to further yourself towards your dream - any dream - is a day lost and a day not counted for in the spectral of life. Dream my friends, never stop, never lose sight of the vision. But always remember, some people dream and others live that dream.

In the paragon of nature lies a man who sits atop a purple rose garden and wonders where his life is going. And suddenly, before he knows it, his life is gone, and the garden grows on.

Pytt
Rolondo the Dog Faced Troll <merlin>
Pytt the Long Backed Dwarf <dark>
Rolondo Alazondo 4lyfe Ba-Giner
Snoopie 70 Gnome mage Dragonblight

Mikeydee
L33t Boardwarrioring Assface

Postby Mikeydee » Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:35 am

can rolo and I get our own shortbus forum??

Time evades me at the moment, and I'm stuck in a conundrum of sorts. As I sit calmly in my loft pondering the well spoken words of our dear friend Rolondo, I've quickly become torn. As the future rapidly turns to present, I must hurrily decide between two dreams to search out. Do I steady myself in this ever change world, and begin the career which has presented itself before me? It would involved sacrafices and investments that may potentially harm loved ones around me, and possibly my sanity as well. Or do I give it all up, all the security of being financially successful, for the love of a woman?

As in all decision making, it's my choice to pick which road to follow; it is only ourselves who can lead us to our destinies. What must I give up in order to follow one dream and not the other ... and moreso, what will I gain? As I hear a beckoning call from beyond the rafters, I am reminded that I must cut short this important set of guidelines and proceed towards the unseen destination.

Do I choose now to face my destiny? To boldly analyze the actions of the past and my current surroundings in order further better my spiritual senses? Dare I look upon what has been important to me in the recent years and determine, which indeed, is the wiser of the two paths?

As seen in much of society today, I choose to forgoe this analyzation, to take the easy route of sorts. Instead I will humbly preserve the ingnorance that barracades us all from this viscous world. I here by choose to ... wait ... ahh yes, it has come to me ... wait, no, well fuck it, I choose to rott my brain with hops and barley and bong resin. What was I saying again? Oh yeah, I like pie.

Snot
Incompetent To0l

Postby Snot » Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:32 am

SuperHelix
A Salty Surprise

Postby SuperHelix » Mon Feb 24, 2003 2:02 pm

UM WTF is going on?

What garden?
Gundorf the uber

Yuengling

Postby Yuengling » Mon Feb 24, 2003 8:37 pm

Dont make me post all 168 pages of the Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas screen script, I will god damnit, I swear...

GONZO GOES VERY VERY STILL AT THIS...

DUKE (V/O)
Jesus. I thought, what's happening?

DUKE picks up the napkin. On it is printed in careful red
letters: "BACK DOOR BEAUTY?"

DUKE (V/O CONT'D)
The question mark was emphasized.
Yuengling - lvl 52.63 [+1.22] Drunkard

Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Mikeydee

Doooown South

Postby Mikeydee » Mon Feb 24, 2003 9:53 pm

down south these bezeltines an baggets
so much ice you could bobsled off my chest

down south we sip serve and fall asleep
down south cant nobody else ball like me

It's the dirty south, it's just the dirty south,
It's the dirty south, the dirty south, the dirty south

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:56 pm

:mrgreen: Much like my comrads above I had an epiphany....Whenever I drink cherry cough syrup, for my o so parched throught, it turns my mouth and gums red. But if I gave the cough syrup to a Frigat bird in mating season not only would he become drunker than Yeunglings housmates on a Fri night but, his mouth and gums would not run crimson because of the syrup but rather from the sweet plumage of a female frigate. :mrgreen:
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Sleyn
Dickfingers

Postby Sleyn » Tue Feb 25, 2003 6:33 pm

--

Return to “Public Discussion”