War on Iraq

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.

Should we go?

Fuck em...nuke the desert scum
48%
Please no war...hug a tree
33%
I can care less but the oil prices need to drop
20%

Total votes: 40

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

War on Iraq

Postby Twystyd » Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:47 pm

It looks like it's about to happen so what does everyone think?
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Guyute
Incompetent To0l

Postby Guyute » Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:24 pm

<- treehugger
Retireded

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:29 pm

LOL...I have an opinion but am holding out cause I do not want to sway any opinions, which so often happens during polls. I'll get it up after my night run in DAoC. I can tell you this...gas prices are killin my po0r ass.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:33 pm

:mrgreen: How the hell do i vote? :mrgreen:
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Beratuul
Ass Jammer

Postby Beratuul » Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:39 pm

I don't think gas prices have anything to do with the war. Its more a matter of OPEC, then Iraq itself. Even if the U.S.A can get a Dictator in Iraq that complies to U.S rules and obligations, having a puppet run the country won't fix gas prices to what we once saw them.

A war in the short term will even rise gas prices. With Iran/Kuwait etc right beside the war, they'll cut down on crude exports, thus giving us a greater price.

If the U.S goes to war with Iraq, I'd look for a lot of retaliation in the Middle East, and also in parts of Africa.

Only the dead see the end of war, and I haven't smoked enough crystals to die yet.
Casper, Svenegal, Tassadar, Maurs, Maurier, Perigrine, Du Maurier ( I go by these names).

My shit tastes like corn.

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Wed Feb 19, 2003 5:13 pm

I'm not against war.... but I would like to see more support from other countries before we go bombarding in...

Ozinag
L33t Boardwarrioring Assface

Postby Ozinag » Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:28 pm

I am against the war. Neither living in the US or Iraq my unbiased opinion has weight. Why does Bush feel he has the right to go against the UN and just go to war with Iraq

If Bush does this, he must realize that the UN will fall. it cannot exist if the us can run around like the own the show, which they do, i'll be the first to admit it. The US makes up abot 70% of men and 85% of materials the UN has used in previous wars, like the Gulf war.

The UN is what prevents the next world war, and by going against the UN's wishes, Bush seems to want a third world war.

Flame me
Ozinag Nazgul lvl 50 Berserker [Bloodwinter Clan]
Mandrew DarkCaster lvl 50 Enchanter [Black Knights]

How long how long will I slide
Separate my side I don't
I don't believe it's fair
Sliting my throat
It's all I ever

Zeris
Oversized Douche Bag

Postby Zeris » Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:40 pm

despite being the army myself, I don't know what the fuck to think. I personally don't feel like getting shot at, but if my country says it's a good idea then I will at least comply and do the best job to stay alive and murder those fucks who are too stupid to surrender, poor bastards.
markov|[shadow=red][glow=red]Terran Republic[/glow][/shadow]|zeris

Yuengling

Postby Yuengling » Wed Feb 19, 2003 9:24 pm

Has anyone been listening to the details?

World History provides a number of examples that if you ignore someone like Saddam long enough, he'll do something hideous. The guy is a murderer and a liar.

War is never a good option, but is letting him continue to kill people a good one?
Yuengling - lvl 52.63 [+1.22] Drunkard

Worker bees can leave
Even drones can fly away
The queen is their slave.

Bychu Bychu
Respectable Gimp

Postby Bychu Bychu » Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:18 am

75% of oil used in the US comes from the region. The strike in Venezuela has a 10 times greater impact on the US than anything that happens in the gulf. At the same time, it is a connected system and disturbances in any region impacts everyone. That's why the whole ANWAR thing is such a joke - a) most of the oil doesn't come from the middle east and b) US oil companies will not give US consumers a patriotic discount.

I think that without any question, the US will win the war. I have my severe doubt that the US will win the peace in the same fashion. Read Thomas Friedman's Op-Ed in yesterday's New York Times. He hit the nail on the head...

Ferou Wind'afain

Postby Ferou Wind'afain » Thu Feb 20, 2003 12:35 pm

I am rather confident that this war has little to do with oil and that the disarming Saddam is not, of up most importance. This war is about following through on a promise to ensure that Rouge nations do not get too bold. Yes, the World or the US alone can swiftly deal with them if they step out of line but at what expense to human life? The UN has been ensuring that Saddam disarm for the last *Twelve years* they did not act and would not have acted if we did not encourage them too do so. In this round the UN has failed to carry out its responsibilities, so we have to pick up on their slack.

In note:

While I am able, I do not want someone else fighting this War and whatever wars may be on the horizon, in my stead. Now if only they would afford me time enough to finish high school, build my endurance, then enlist, pass my exams, train, then ship out. :stern:
“A psychologist? Knowing you I wouldn’t recommend it, you would probably drive yourself crazy trying to psychoanalyze yourself.” –Mr. West; History Teacher and Jerk

Rru
Drifter Gimp

Postby Rru » Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:27 pm

I do not know all the details that the U.N. and everyone is taking into consideration when talking about going to war with Iraq. According to what the U.S. media is telling me, Iraq has had 12 years to comply with U.N. demands placed on them after Desert Storm. They have not complied. Does this warrent war? Thankfully it's not for me to decide. We as a "free world" cannot allow this maniac to continue building up force, though. We should not be discoussing this however, it should already have been done. By prolonging this we only ensure more deaths and a more expensive campaign. If you tell someone they cannot do something and they do it anyway, they are showing you up. If you let them get away with it, then some other little shits will think they can get away with it too... pretty soon you lose control. Bush's error has been that he did not TELL the UN that we were going to take care of it... and that if anyone wanted to get on board they could. France, historically, has been the last country to decide ANYTHING. Germany and France stand to lose billions of dollars if Iraq's government is overthrown... this is why they are waiting... which is sad.

Do we need to go to war with Iraq... i don't know... does sadam need to be smacked around for thumbing his nose at the UN's demands? HELL YES...

My fear is the ripple effect that will be started from the war. It in itself wont take but 2 weeks or so... but will we all be living in fear for the remainder of our days for some sort of muslim/whoever retaliation? Scary....

Bychu Bychu
Respectable Gimp

Postby Bychu Bychu » Mon Feb 24, 2003 8:24 am

Does that mean everyone who does not comply with UN resolutions needs to be slapped around like Iraq?

Shammu
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Postby Shammu » Mon Feb 24, 2003 9:28 am

I don't give a shit.

It's my birthday goddammit. :)
**Shammu Ate Jimmy Hoffa!**

Rru
Drifter Gimp

Postby Rru » Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:07 am

If the U.N. mandates that you (as a country) need comply with certain regulations and you refuse to... then yes... you should get smacked around. Regardless of who it is. Don't want to get smacked around? Comply. It's as easy as 1.2.3 :)

Return to “Public Discussion”