EQ2 Invite For BWC

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
SuperHelix
A Salty Surprise

EQ2 Invite For BWC

Postby SuperHelix » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:56 am

Dear guild leader,

As the head of a large and influential guild of adventurers, you know how to motivate a group of players to accomplish amazing feats. You and your guild are exactly the kind of dedicated gamers we'd like to see take on the challenging and immersive world of EverQuest II. We hope you'll accept our personal invitation to give our game a try, because we know your guild has what it takes to explore everything EverQuest II has to offer.

We want your entire guild to have a great time in our game. If you need any additional invitations to ensure that all of you can enjoy EverQuest II together, please send your guild members' names and e-mail addresses to chlena@soe.sony.com and we'll make sure they are invited.

Please read this entire e-mail carefully. It will provide all the information you need to install the beta client and begin your exploration of the world of EverQuest II.

** Downloading the Beta Client **

To download the beta client, please go to the following URL:

http://download.station.sony.com/patch/ ... q2beta.zip

Select "Save" when prompted and choose a location to store the eq2beta.zip file. When the download is complete, open the zip file and extract the setup.exe file to your desktop or another location. Double-click the setup.exe file to install the beta patcher software.

When installation is complete, you will see an icon on your desktop named EverQuest II Beta. Double-click this icon to launch the patcher and begin downloading the EverQuest II Beta client.

Before the download begins, you will be prompted to sign in with your Station account. If you do not have one, please click on the link to create an account and follow the directions provided. Be sure your e-mail address is entered correctly.

After you are signed in, you will be asked for your beta key. Your key is found below:

JTGG-K7RP-5W34-P3NV-PPFP

Please type your key carefully. After you submit your key, we will verify that it was entered correctly. If it wasn't, you will be asked to enter it again.

Note: The EverQuest II Beta client is over two gigabytes in size and may take ten or more hours to download. If you need to interrupt the download process for any reason, you can run the patcher again and it will resume from where it left off.

When the download is complete, press Play to enter the world of EverQuest II. Welcome to the beta program!

** Getting Started **

Please be sure to print out and read the EverQuest_II_Beta_Manual.pdf file found in the game directory (the default is C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II Beta). This manual provides valuable information to help get your adventure underway.

You enter the world as a refugee, rescued by the Far Seas Trading Company and taken by ship to the Isle of Refuge. After an introduction to the interface and the basic mechanics of the game aboard the Far Journey, you are taken to the Isle of Refuge where you will pick an archetype and begin your adventure. After the island, you will move to one of the two cities that survived the cataclysms.

Qeynos, under the rule of Antonia Bayle, has become the gathering point for those who walk the path of virtue. All those willing to work for the betterment of civilization are welcome within the city walls. Expeditions are being sent into the wilderness to bring order to the world and rescue those who are in need of aid.

Freeport, under the iron grip of the Overlord, is the home of darkness and greed. Lucan D'Lere seeks power and glory, sending his minions into the frontiers to claim the wealth of the world as his own. Adventurers who choose the path of evil will call this city home.

** Finding Your Friends **

After completing the boat tutorial, players begin the game on the Isle of Refuge. In order to prevent overcrowding, we create multiple instances of the island to ensure a healthy population of players. However, this can result in friends who want to play together winding up on different versions of the Isle.

To join up with your friends who are of the same alignment (either good or evil) as you are, use the mariner's bell found on the southwestern dock of the Isle of Refuge. Simply right click on the bell and enter the number of the instance where your friends are located. You will be transported to that version of the Isle so you and your friends can begin your adventures together.

** Sending Us Feedback **

There are two in-game commands for sending us information about what you experience during the beta.

/bug should be used to report bugs. Bugs are gameplay features that do not work, spelling errors, and anything that just doesn't seem like it's working correctly. Please give us as much detail about the bug as you can think of when reporting it. You can also click the bug icon on your default hotkey bar to open the bug reporting window.

/feedback should be used to send in comments about parts of the game that work properly, but that you would like to see changed. If you discover an item that you think should have less WIS and more INT, then use /feedback. If you think a certain encounter is too easy or too hard, use /feedback to report it. You can also use this command to make general suggestions on how to improve the game.

It is important that you distinguish between these two options, as one is read primarily by our testing team and the other is read mostly by our game designers. Sending a bug through /feedback can delay our ability to fix it, since we'll have to route that to our testers for verification.

Please remember that your participation in the beta program is subject to the Terms of Use and License Agreement ("Agreement"). Your access in and to the beta program, including the patcher, is for your personal, non-commercial use only, in accordance with the Agreement, and any feedback you provide is confidential.

Once again, thank you for your time and effort. It is very much appreciated.

Sincerely,

The EverQuest II Team

Sony Online Privacy Policy is located at http://sonyonline.com/tos/privacy.jsp
Sony Online Terms Of Service is located at http://sonyonline.com/tos/tos.jsp
Use this link to unsubscribe: http://www.station.sony.com/unsubscribe ... n.com&id=0
Gundorf the uber

killets
Ass Jammer

Postby killets » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:11 am

wow
nice Dwayne
i knew i kept you on my buddy list for something!

sign me up :)

killets
Last edited by killets on Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pink's dad and mom are conjoined at the waist.

friend to all bwc/scourn. like it or not.

Nania
Drunk Ass Fanboi

Postby Nania » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:38 am

sweeet, sign me up

NaniaBWC
peder.lundstrom@telia.com
Last edited by Nania on Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kynthia L50, Runemaster
Nania L50, Spiritmaster
Damicix L50, Warrior
Eternia L50, Healer

Xarkon
Ass Jammer

Postby Xarkon » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:52 am

Sign me up

Xarkon
iceeion2025@hotmail.com
To Many Xark's to count

Eirene
Ass Jammer

Postby Eirene » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:11 am

The message buck stops here.

Abysmal
Pathetic Chode

Postby Abysmal » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:16 am

you know how to motivate a group of players to accomplish amazing feats

That part made me smile. I dont know how many times ive heard the phrase ASSFACE, but certainly more than I care to count :grommit:
50 spiritmaster, 50 shaman, 50 shaman, 50 bard, 50 druid, 50 chanter, 50 necro, 50 minstrel, 50 healer, 50 runemaster, 60 hunter, 60 warrior, 60 druid and 60 paladin

If de bees wake up from dey dream we all die, but she die firsand de
moshorrible. He brushed frantically at his face and knocked away not
fingers but a large spider.

Phineas
Proud Defender of the 19th Hole

Postby Phineas » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:39 am

Sony pharmed the Herald for all the guild leaders' email addresses, and sent that to all the listed emails.

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:51 am

why the hell not right?

prophet092900@yahoo.com
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Winke
Donkey Fucker

Postby Winke » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:08 am

Adida
Ass Jammer

Postby Adida » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:42 am

runadi@gmail.com

why not it's free

and it's chrissy :P dwayne should know meh last name from meh old aim :P

Supreem
Ass Jammer

Postby Supreem » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:52 am

[deleted]
Last edited by Supreem on Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiredmessiah - Eve Online

:blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8:

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:11 am

Sign me up to ... I want to get a first hand look at all the crap I've heard on the boards:

james.nicoll@rogers.com

Thanks Super

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:46 am

SuperHelix
A Salty Surprise

Postby SuperHelix » Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:24 pm

sent.
Gundorf the uber

Rhuac
Ass Jammer