Presidential Debate

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
Rhiandra Rangnar
Donkey Fucker

Postby Rhiandra Rangnar » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:40 am

Bush seemed to stumble over his own words, often. That coupled with his continuous use of the words "This is a hard job" made for one boring republican stance.

I think Kerry made some good points as well as some that were left truly un-explained. Kerry's position as Captain of the Yale debating team certainly came in handy last night, Ill give him that.

I think that if the majority of the people made their decisions based on last nights debate that we will surely be looking at a new president.

We do have a few more debates to look forward to and hopefully all of the people who are still [although I cant understand how its possible to still be] undecided will actually make a choice.

All we can do as a nation is hope that we as a whole make a viable choice that will reflect the overall good for the United States in the end.

For me personally, this will be the first time in my life that I vote outside my chosen party of republican. [Bush scares the crap out of me and in him I truly see our potential fall and possible end]

Just vote for the person who's plan makes the most sense to you, vote for who you truly believe in and walk away from the polls in November knowing that you made the right decision for reasons you truly support and believe in.

Dont just choose not to choose because you think your vote wont make a difference and please dont vote for XXXXX person just because.... both candidates plans are available for viewing, read them both and make a just decision based on your beliefs.
Rhiandra Rangnar
EQ ----> DAoC ----> WoW ----> boredom
[fade]Over 1 million mezzed and counting .........[/fade]

My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends -
It gives a lovely light!

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:37 pm

Spoken like a true liberal :P

Rhiandra Rangnar
Donkey Fucker

Postby Rhiandra Rangnar » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:10 pm

Ting wants me.
Rhiandra Rangnar

EQ ----> DAoC ----> WoW ----> boredom

[fade]Over 1 million mezzed and counting .........[/fade]

My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends -
It gives a lovely light!

Cadwin
Incompetent To0l

Postby Cadwin » Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:16 pm

I cannot be drafted by default so I'm better than all you shitbags.

Menagery
Oversized Douche Bag

Postby Menagery » Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:18 pm

I want you Rhiandra :)

I certainly seemed a little scared of bush myself. I worry they wil take ting away from me with the draft. You younjgins gotta be watching this stuff and vote for the right reasons for what you believe in.
At times bush semed a little aggravated and you could tell what Kerry was saying was doing it's job Getting Bush upset.

Did anyone else notice how Mrs bush was holding on to Mrs Kerry and Mrs Kerry kept trying to pull away and Mrs Bush kept pulling her closer. Just found it interesting even saw a picture on MSN where Mrs bush had a tight grip on Mrs Kerry's arm.
Menagery Healadin on Boodhoof
Sattik The most awesome Boomkin EVER on Blackhand

DAOC - Menagery, Sattik, Mrsting, Tequiliarose, Longislandicetea, Cabanaboy, Snufulufugus, Kiefers, and so many more I lost count years ago

Crippler
Drunk Ass Fanboi

Postby Crippler » Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:21 pm

I don't get why people keep thinking the word Draft and Bush are directly related. This current draft bill has been in congress since 2003. If you research it further there are draft bills hitting congress about once every 4-5 years. They always fail. Guess what, if Kerry wins the word "draft" will still be out there until it dies in congress again. It won't ever get through congress unless a true huge crisis hits the United States. Who cares if it does get through congress anyways, are you afraid to serve your country?
can't touch this~

Rhuac
Ass Jammer

Postby Rhuac » Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:25 pm

I'd be fine with serving my country, along side other drafted men and women.

Oh and the Bush twins. Soon as they're drafted, count me in.
Rhuac
Talks Like A Gentleman

Cadwin
Incompetent To0l

Postby Cadwin » Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:36 pm

crip: If they ask me to serve my country, we've already lost :p

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:36 pm

Honestly the only thing said in the debate pertaining to the draft was -

A 100% volunteer army by Mr. Bush. Not to mention the fact Congress would play the major roll in instituting the draft.

Some of my favorites -

1) I liked the part where Kerry was saying, "I will do this, and I will do that" while you got the idea Bush was thinking, "where the fuck are you going to get the money for all that?!?!?."

Bush did say once
"I don't know where you're going to get the money"
and another good one from Bush
"That's just absurd."

2) As I posted on VN here regard to the gayness factor -

"The warm fuzzy moments of the two granting each other sympathy for each others personal hardships made me bust out my quilting supplies, flip on some Cher and cry." - Law

All in all I believe Karry came out on top because he has sucked at cluing in voters what his agenda and intentions are. Although they are similar moderates I thought it was great. They had a few things to disagree on and they sure disagreed. It came back to two main themes in just about every topic: Bush misled us and Kerry is a flip flopper.

Kerry really stepped it up and impressed me. He didn't come off sounding like a robot like he usually does. He had some personality. He also answered some tough questions very well. If didnt go through that crazed hippy period after the war and his voting record was not so fucked up I may have given him a chance but he has a far too unstable past for me.
Last edited by Twystyd on Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:13 pm

I do think Bush has spent too much time on his foreign agenda and not enough about health care, and domestic issues.

Ting they will have two more debates and one of those will place domestic 'affairs' under the microscope.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

Cadwin
Incompetent To0l

Postby Cadwin » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:48 pm

homeland security and foreign policy was the subject of the debate
Arguably Bush's strongest fronts.

Not so strong on domestic issues.

Nese
Keyboard Molesting Forum G33k

Postby Nese » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:43 pm

I liked the part where Kerry was saying, "I will do this, and I will do that" while you got the idea Bush was thinking, "where the fuck are you going to get the money for all that?!?!?."

HAHA I love this comment. Bush asking where the money is gonna come from.... Its gonna come from the war chest. Kerry has often stated that the first thing he would do if he gets elected is enact a plan to get more countries invloved in Iraq and start implementing an exit stragety. The funds regained from scaling back our military presense in Iraq will be used for his other projects.

After watching the debate, I cannot see how anyone could vote for Bush again. He looked flustered and out of touch. I guess when you put him in a room of real voters instead of the "casted" rallies he usually attends he doesn't know what to do with himself.
Mitzuki - 50 Savage - Merlin
Linia Bluebomber - 50 Runie - Merlin
Chirigami - 50 Thane - Merlin *mule*
Yushiro Gowa - 50 Champ - MLF *traded*
Nese Starrwind - 50 SB - Merlin *traded*

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:50 pm

That was more of a shot against anyone that has never done the job before, not a Karry bash. People really are clueless until they sit down in the oval office and start writing the checks. I believe most of the people have great intentions but even state level goverment officials fall through on promises they make. It's hard to appease everyone not to mention garner the support from the people needed to pass bills.

Kerry has often stated that the first thing he would do if he gets elected is enact a plan to get more countries invloved in Iraq and start implementing an exit stragety.

To make it easy, I am stating 'saying' something is not the same as what is possible to do. BTW, your boy stated today on the campaign trail he will increase the amount of troops in Iraq to get a better handle on the region. I happen to agree with that policy.

For the future if you want to make a solid argument against Bush I would go with this contridiction -

I don't think we want to get to how he's going to pay for all these promises. - Bush

My administration has tripled the amount of money we're spending on homeland security to $30 billion a year. - Bush

Both statements from Bush regarding 'funding' I stold from a clever Karry supporting contact of mine.

Supreem
Ass Jammer

Postby Supreem » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:51 am

I'm not voting for Kerry because I like the man. Personally I think he sounded almost as retarded as Bush during the debate. I'm voting for Kerry because we NEED a change of administration.

I know there is corruption and mass deception of the public in every administration, but it is getting out of hand. Not to mention Bush created MORE terrorists by going into Iraq.

On top of that I don't like how his administration is handling "the post war effort". We go over there for WMDs, oops theres no WMDs so we are there for freedom. Okay then why are you closing their newspapers down?!? (In case you didnt know, a newspaper which was a supporter of Al-Sadir and his movement was closed down by Bremer shortly after we removed Saddam from power) This kind of stuff is kept from the public and most of America doesn't even know that happened. Why do you think Al-Sadir has so many supporters? Because we proved to them that we don't give a shit about their freedom. We are over there for economic interest alone.

I DONT care how you sugar coat it. I could go on and on about Iraq but thats not the only thing he is fucking up. Millions of jobs lost, deficit skyrocketing, health care cost increasing....man Bush and his Administration are doing a TERRIBLE job and I dont understand how anyone could choose to vote for them. It absolutely fucking boggles my mind. What do you think is gunna happen when Bush gets reelected and he doesn't have to worry about campaigning for another term. Corruption and deception will rise, and NOONE is gunna be happy about it. Wake the fuck up people a vote for bush is a vote for everything that is wrong and evil in this world!!!!!11!!!1!!

/rant off
Wiredmessiah - Eve Online

:blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8:

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:51 am

I think the $billions spent on Afghanistan and Iraq could have been put to better use onshore. If anything I think the west should have put the effort into diplomatic resolution of Israel/Palestinian conflicts as a good will gesture to the east. I think the way it has been handled has just resulted in creating another million bin laden wannabe's. Time will tell but I don't think it has made the west any safer ... perhaps less safe in the next 50-100 years.

North Korea and Iran are far more dangerous now than Iraq ever was. I know that politically it was strategic since it sent a message to other countries that offer safe havens for terrorists and they were easy military targets.

Only thing I like about Kerry is his commitment to do something about offshoring of IT since it's my field. I think #1 work visa shouldn't be issued for more than a period of 4-5 months with monthly renewals required and #2 some form of taxation on offshoring IT. That coupled with increasing cost of offshoring at least in India (due to demand) should slow offshoring down a bit.

The idea of another 4 years of Bush just doesn't sit well with me and other than Kerry's offshoring position I don't care for him at all.

Return to “Public Discussion”