The Last Fucking Straw

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
Naeriad
L33t Boardwarrioring Assface

The Last Fucking Straw

Postby Naeriad » Wed Jul 31, 2002 4:29 am

From the shadowbane.ubisoft.com news update of July 29th comes this exciting revelation:

The pre-order CD contains:

Shadowbane Desktop Wallpaper
A Shadowbane Screensaver
A Shadowbane Video “Trailer”
A one-time-use promotional code to unlock three Shadowbane Restricted Races: Minotaur, Aracoix, and Centaur.

YES, for a mere 10 American dollars (refunded when you claim the actual title, of course), you too can be a minotaur the instant Shadowbane goes live. This is an outright betrayl of anyone who ever wasted time anticipating Shadowbane. What was supposed to take months of effort now costs literally nothing. I distinctly recall devs saying that it would be along time before anyone say minotaurs and birdmen running about. Now the "secret" races are a marketing ploy.
I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Re: The Last Fucking Straw

Postby Twystyd » Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:57 pm

All they have are ploys. SB is a disgrace...most in beta know it and soon others will. Someday Wolfpack may make a mark in the development community but this project will not do it.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Xzean
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Postby Xzean » Wed Jul 31, 2002 1:35 pm

SB = TEH_CRAP_ON_A_STICK

Take it from me, I know.
~ Sean Massaro, Role Play Fanatic and Meglomaniac Poet.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Thu Aug 08, 2002 11:05 am

Check this shit out Neriad-

http://www.pker.org/ :pee:
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Fringe
Drifter Gimp

Postby Fringe » Fri Aug 09, 2002 10:02 pm

haha yeah it does suck right now... but so did UO when it was in beta ... Anyone else remember those shitty time warps? You know, the ones that sent you back about 5 hours :-o SB has alot of new concepts. Some that I wouldn't ever expect to see in a game.... It's going to take along time to perfect it. But when it is... It's going to provide a great gaming exp... I hope.... :P

Return to “Public Discussion”