leaving DAoC a bit to try out SB...

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
Lissaminda
Keyboard Molesting Forum G33k

leaving DAoC a bit to try out SB...

Postby Lissaminda » Fri May 09, 2003 5:54 am

just bought it today ..

gonna try if its somthing for me....els i still have good ol dark age to fall back on :)

if or when i come back in X days ill just post it a bit before so i can get a reinvite to BWC cause ill probely get kicked because of inactivity :) but ill still hang around at the boards.

se u around
-Zaleena lvl 16 de fighter

Lineage2

SuperHelix
A Salty Surprise

Postby SuperHelix » Fri May 09, 2003 9:07 am

I give it 2 days for you to play.

The first day is learning how to play, the second is, GOD this game sucks ass.

See you back in DAOC.
Gundorf the uber

Candide
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Candide » Fri May 09, 2003 10:45 am

Make sure you pick a server that still has something worth playing for. Most of them have already been "conquered", with one guild/alliance controlling all the level/money spots and destroying all who don't comply.

Still a few that have good battles, you can tell basd on the fact they are so crowded no one else can log in :)
Venderic, Candide or Mercutio in games.

Zeris
Oversized Douche Bag

Postby Zeris » Fri May 09, 2003 11:51 am

dont listen to these idiots.
1. Sb is FUN. It's all the pleasure of past levelling treadmill games with the treadmill set on INSANE, so you can get that part over with.
Please play on the mourning server, and leave a message here with your player's name. BWC has set up with one of the better guilds on the server a free membership deal. Anyways, there ARE a few servers to avoid because of the super zerg guild problem.
Fear, death, dread (I think) are good examples of servers w/ guilds w/ 500+ people, where the next largest guild might be only 100+.

2. duh, I forgot.
PVP! Its a good time. You can kill any asshole you dont like. In fact, its encouraged. There is no "griefing", just revenge.
markov|[shadow=red][glow=red]Terran Republic[/glow][/shadow]|zeris

Hellishfiend/Grok
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Postby Hellishfiend/Grok » Fri May 09, 2003 7:44 pm

Im in shadowbane as Nits on the mourning server. You are welcome to join my guild there, The Frost Horde. (BWC and TFH go waaay back)

I reccomend you play there. No one guild controls the entire server. For a little while Denied was slowly building up to that but every guild not bowing down to Denied teamed up in one awesome fight and whiped the main Denied city off the map, after that all their little zerg subguilds collapses in on themselves through inner fighting and began to attack eachother.. we just let them clean themselves up.

Im in a guild called the Frost Horde. Been in it for over 3 years for shadowbane. (pre-beta, while in beta, and now release). Right now we control the ice island. We have a few subguilds, and are an aggressive guild (barbarian template). Only restrictions we have are no elves, no irekei, no crusaders, no templars, no confessors.

(this is just to give you an atmosphere for the Mourning server)

Currently we have 2 enemies....

1) Bane of the North. They were a close ally until Denied put pressure on our ice island and the guilds on it to join their nation. Bane of the North joined them, while we struggled and fought them until they fell. After denied fell Bane of the North tried to join back with us. Instead, we killed them, broke into their town, baned the tree, and destroyed their town.

2) EoK (E something of Knights) attacked a subguild of ours' after an expf/farm dispute. We jumped in, killed them offf wave after wave then baned their town too. We are currently destroying them as we speak.

From my experience Ive figured out that you either hate the game or love the game. Some people play it and become obsessed, others just play it, give it a try, and just sorta "vanish" as their playtime on the game decreases.

Zeris
Oversized Douche Bag

Postby Zeris » Fri May 09, 2003 9:29 pm

for clarification:
Bane of the north no longer exists. We're done with them.
We're warring with EoK (That's empire of knights) currently and we should be able to actually destroy their city soon, as the bane is almost matured.
There are a lot of knowledgeable people in TFH that would love to help you. Everyone is very giving towards fellow guildmembers and it's a nice community. If you decide shadowbane isn't for you, it will definately be in spite of them. Give it a try.
markov|[shadow=red][glow=red]Terran Republic[/glow][/shadow]|zeris

Lissaminda

Postby Lissaminda » Sat May 10, 2003 1:40 am

as bad as u might think this fgame might be ive decided to play a char up to the semi high lvls ...30ish to se haw i like pvp in the game and if its good i might stay but i dont think its a game that can make me give up daoc totally :)

im playing on chaos with some reallife friends ...but when those port openers come into play ill come say hi

Lineage2

Candide
Tripped Off the Short Bus

Postby Candide » Sat May 10, 2003 8:56 am

I always say for any game, or much any thing for that matter, try it for yourself. One persons hell is another mans paradise.
Venderic, Candide or Mercutio in games.

Lissaminda

Postby Lissaminda » Sat May 10, 2003 2:15 pm

think ive started on the wrong server ....ive spend a lot of houres trying to find a grp for my lvl 18 fury and i havent got any ppl to play with really ...

if i change server and join TFH can i easiere get grps there then? cause not being ablet to get any good xp at this rate have made ma almost leave the game, but i somhaw find it to interesting just to leave ....so i just need to relay somwhere where ill get grps and ppl to play with for good

any ppl i should send /tells to once i get onto murning ...or whatever that server is called :)

Lineage2

Hellishfiend/Grok
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Postby Hellishfiend/Grok » Sat May 10, 2003 2:27 pm

Well as soon as you hit level 20 then we summon you to our city and you can join groups there.

you should actually be able to exp pretty fast till level 25 on your own at the newby island.

But there are always TFH groups up.

Return to “Public Discussion”