Time of your life.

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
Xzean
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Time of your life.

Postby Xzean » Sun Jul 28, 2002 2:18 pm

Time of your life. 7/28/2002
In the time of your life, live - so that in that good time there shall be no ugliness or death for yourself or for any life your life touches. Seek goodness everywhere, and when it is found, bring it out of it's hiding place and let it be free and unashamed. Place in matter and in flesh the least of the values, for these are the things that hold death and must pass away. Discover in all things that which shines and is beyond corruption. Encourage virtue in whatever heart it may have been driven into secrecy and sorrow by the shame and terror of the world. Ignore the obvious, for it is unworthy of the clear eye and the kindly heart. Be the inferior of no man, nor of any man be the superior. Remember that every man is a variation of yourself. No man's guilt is not yours, nor is any man's innocence a thing apart. Despise evil and ungodliness, but not men of ungodliness or evil. These, understand. Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live - so that in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

A little essay. Enjoy.
~ Sean Massaro, Role Play Fanatic and Meglomaniac Poet.

Sovereign
L33t Boardwarrioring Assface

Re: Time of your life.

Postby Sovereign » Tue Aug 06, 2002 10:07 am

That is poetic advice. This part:
Place in matter and in flesh the least of the values, for these are the things that hold death and must pass away.

especially, is very thought provoking.
~ Tyler West
International Super Shoufu Extraordinaire
Insight. Intelligence. Inspiration.

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Tue Aug 06, 2002 4:38 pm

Very nice indeed my friend. Hey bro how is the "Sardonic Shadowbane Experiance" article coming along?
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Xzean
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Postby Xzean » Tue Aug 06, 2002 5:06 pm

Bit by bit, as my suddenly insanely busy real lifes dictates. Goddamn school, taking all my time and it didn't even start yet.
~ Sean Massaro, Role Play Fanatic and Meglomaniac Poet.

Zeris
Oversized Douche Bag

Postby Zeris » Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:03 am

That is well and good. Here's my outlook on life.

Religion provides nothing that science and psychology cannot. Fervent devotion and fearless zealotry come just as easy to the pious as mental control to the trained and competent. Place trust in your equals. Deny your superiors, if you know and understand it, then you have none. Your inferiors are tools and means to an end, expendable in any way. Squander nothing for the sake of whims and emotions. Emotions are subordinate to success, the weak believe otherwise. They can be satisfied to your own ends as long as your mission is complete. Your mission is your own, only you can define it. Others have spent lifetimes learning of theirs; do not foolishly adopt their own as yours, instead learn how they failed to find theirs sooner. Live to succeed. Allow your exterior to match your interior only in the presence of your equals. Confide everything in them, as they will you. They are your refuge and receptacle for the flushing of human traits that must be abandoned for true success...they will understand, and expect you to be as forgiving when their time comes.
Whatever it is, you already know how to do it. The hard part is sticking to the plan.
Unless of course, you are unlucky and were born stupid. Then you are an inferior and I look forward to enslaving you.

I have thus confided in my equals.
markov|[shadow=red][glow=red]Terran Republic[/glow][/shadow]|zeris

Naeriad

Postby Naeriad » Wed Aug 07, 2002 4:13 am

And just to fit in:

Acknowledge your superiors and strive to become as them, acknowledge your inferiors and help them become as your superiors. Of things you love, let your fellow man be foremost. Of things that scare you, understand them and learn how they might better yourself. [Dream's post]

Be excellent to eachother.
I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:18 am

I hate stupid people.

Naeriad

Postby Naeriad » Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:25 am

Stupidity is subjective.

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:29 am

Everything you ever knew is objectional. Relational to something that exists only in this world.

We all know nothing. But stupid people still annoy me.

Zeris
Oversized Douche Bag

Postby Zeris » Wed Aug 07, 2002 12:21 pm

Stupidity in the context of life, not books, is what I believe Barbos and I share the same revulsion for. Not people who can't score a perfect SAT and ACT score, but rather people who, when something bad happens to them, might just sit and wallow in their negative emotions until someone bites and starts comforting them, or someone never stops to think things out, to ask questions about the obvious, to be curious about the unknown. People that take life at first site to be what it is, don't bat an eye, and play games with themselves all their life are useless, except for the mundane jobs they fill up to support the cycle of life and business and economics, etc.
markov|[shadow=red][glow=red]Terran Republic[/glow][/shadow]|zeris

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:22 pm

Religion provides nothing that science and psychology cannot

Funny I had a little BBQ last night and my bro and a couple others debated religion last night. In my view it is the "feel good drug or Opiate" of the Ages, if you will. People seem to need a reason to exist or carry self worth and for some reason religion fills that need. I believe it caters to those unable to hold themselves accountable in the real world. :twisted:
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Sovereign

Postby Sovereign » Wed Aug 07, 2002 2:16 pm

Faith has reached a rediculous level of involvement in issues that would ideally be resolved by people who are self-actualized and considerate, rather than self-depreciating and narrow-sighted. I myself find most revolting the dependance which people have on "signs", which are nothing more than the corresponding effects of positive or negative actions. People mistake "cause" and "effect."

What is "moral" isn't right because of holy decree, "moral" is right because what it outlines are basic principals of survival. Rightness isn't the cause for good treatment toward your fellow man, self-centered security is the cause. Happiness isn't a result of following god, happiness is a result of making sound choices in your interactions with others--what christian folk call following The Ten Commandments. What me and probably barbos and Zeris call "not being a stupid son of a byatch". All concepts of "Fate" and "Fortune" are simply matters of not "digging your own grave" so to speak.

The security and happiness of the Self is the cause; our "morality" the effect of our wanting security and happiness; our "rewards" of security and happiness the effect of making the right choices (or, choosing the "right" morality). Morality isn't the cause. Jesus isn't the cause. God isn't the cause. The Dahli Lhama isn't the cause. Finding one's reward of happiness and security in heaven may be the cause that has in effect prescribed one to be a "good" or "moral" person, but me, I'd rather not bank on the fact that their is a heaven out there waiting for me to find my happiness in, and instead try to be a good person for sake of real-life, self-made....assured rewards and benefits. Because if you do it right, you have yourself to thank, and if you do it wrong you have only yourself to blame.

Go ahead and study philosophy, but recognize it as such, and place value only in the philosophies that in real life are applicable and from which you may derive real life results; life is the only thing we know, and everything beyond is merely speculative.[/i]
Last edited by Sovereign on Wed Aug 07, 2002 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Tyler West

International Super Shoufu Extraordinaire

Insight. Intelligence. Inspiration.

Naeriad

Postby Naeriad » Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:09 pm

What he said.

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Wed Aug 07, 2002 7:35 pm

I believe religion is required in a society like ours. Whether you believe in it or not, it teaches many to be good, and gives them a reason to exist.

Why should I live and work my ass of so other people can be rich?

You have to have a reason to be, or you are just existing.

I myself do believe in religion, but I haven't adapted to a domination, because I have not studied all the dominations and see which one fits me (and my beliefs best). Most just choose the faith they were raised.

Religion can be argued any way you want, but that is because it is documented. Everyone has their viewpoints and are biased in some way.

Many find the stories over the edge and ridicule them. Southpark did an excellent episode about this (and priests raping yung boyz).

Naeriad

Postby Naeriad » Wed Aug 07, 2002 7:42 pm

My reason for living is to enjoy myself. Read the last part of Dream's little essay.

Return to “Public Discussion”