I need help installing phpBB2

Where any Tech issues can be taken up and planned by our highly trained and unbelievably skilled computer geeks.
Rhuac
Ass Jammer

I need help installing phpBB2

Postby Rhuac » Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:20 pm

I've installed php 4.2.2 and mySQL 4.0.20-standard. I go to the instal.php page and select all the right stuff go down and click install, and I get this error.

"The PHP configuration on your server doesn't support the database type that you chose"

Anyone able to help me through this?
Rhuac
Talks Like A Gentleman

Seventhorn
Drunk Ass Fanboi

Postby Seventhorn » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:39 pm

Yah I had that problem....it is exactly what the error says it is. Your server wont allow you to have a SQL database. You have to check with your ISP service and find out if they allow this. If not youll have to get another web space or host that do support it.
Liader Ventura 49 level Cleric Holy Rollers Lamorak
Liader Ventura 50 level Skald BWC RR9 now
Sateo Corleone 50 level Shaman still a bot
Savaneh 50 level Spiritmaster
Akazuken on many servers just pimp on one.
Lets have a sexy party!!!

Rhuac
Ass Jammer

Postby Rhuac » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:27 am

It's my own server :)

But I fixed it.

php and mySQL weren't talking to eachother so I had to install php-mysql so they would talk. Except php-mysql requires some file libmyclient.so.10 (i think that's what it was named) and the version of mySQL or maybe it was php, was using libmyclient.so.12... i read there was a fix by making a link file named libmyclient.so.10 that pointed to libmyclient.so.12 which didn't work for me. So what I did was uninstall the rpm that included libmyclient.so.12, and installed the earlier version which included libmyclient.so.10 and then I could install php-mysql.whatever and it worked. Anyhow that's a little garbled but it was late at night when I finished it up.

So what I'm trying to say is... it works.
Rhuac

Talks Like A Gentleman

Return to “Tech. Monkey Board”