DVD burning info requested

Where any Tech issues can be taken up and planned by our highly trained and unbelievably skilled computer geeks.
killets
Ass Jammer

Postby killets » Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:39 pm

don't waste your money on that software.
its a pos :)

it backs up movies onto 2 discs... unless the latest version will do the re-encoding to downsample it.

read dvdrhelp.com and doom9.org. there are articles on how to shrink stuff.

i haven't seen what new programs they have out now, but when I got my burner back in march, the best way to do it was using DVD Decryptor to rip the DVD, using DVD2ONE to shrink the image to a 4.37gb image, then use something like Nero to burn the vobs to video.

Its been 6 months since I've ripped a dvd, but I remember there was a way to keep the menus and stuff, but I forgot what utility i used to do that.

When you use DVD2ONE, its not straightforward at all how to do that, and most of the time, you'll just have it on default settings which strips everything but the movie. if you want to change language or subtitles (although you can choose to rip those too), you'd have to find the button which scrolls through all available subs/audio streams on your dvd remote which a lot of novices (like my parents) wouldn't ever be able to figure out.

dang it.. i forgot the name of the utility i used to resample dvd movies with the flexibility of menus... it wasn't dvd2one.. maybe dvdrhelp or doom9 has that info.

GL guys, let me know if you have any questions. I've burnt a lot of DVDs (maybe 200?) so I have a lot of experience using a lot of the freeware tools available out there.
pink's dad and mom are conjoined at the waist.

friend to all bwc/scourn. like it or not.

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:55 pm

Thx killy going to give it a go tomorrow and will let ya know.

Return to “Tech. Monkey Board”