Photoshop HELP

Where any Tech issues can be taken up and planned by our highly trained and unbelievably skilled computer geeks.
Snufulupagus
L33t Boardwarrioring Assface

Photoshop HELP

Postby Snufulupagus » Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:26 am

Well -- I want to learn photoshop. I have Photoshop 7.0
I want to make .jpeg sigs from screenshots, etc.

I have a....few....questions.

To start -- How would I cut part of an image, transfer it to another imagine, ie, on top of it.

Also, how can I generally improve image quality and sharpness, and also, where can I find some useful tool tips?

Sort of broad, yes, but anything else plus this I should know, either let me know here or msg me at Scratchycactus on AIM. Thanks =D

Bulor
Ass Jammer

Postby Bulor » Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:07 am

to make a jpeg, first you just open the program within PS, then just go file > save as > .jpeg format in the pulldown menu.. done.

to take a screenshot, use alt printscreen it will copy the current active window to your clipboard and allow you to paste it into photoshop.

to paste a picture over another.. simple copy paste it.. it wil auto be thrown into a "layer" which lets you move each image around freely and edit each one freely over the same file. then you can simple use file > save as > save as copy > .jpeg

or just pick >flaten image form the layers tool bar. then a normal save and choose your options.
DAOC-SOLD
Lieph (heal)/ Sapporo & Djur(Sham)/ Qute & Brail(SBs)/ Bulor (war)/ Blackroc (ska)/ Antigun & Antigunn (SMs)
WOW-SOLD
Lieph (Warlock) / Vexi (Hunter)
WAR- CLOSED BETA!

Snufulupagus
L33t Boardwarrioring Assface

Postby Snufulupagus » Wed Apr 16, 2003 5:39 pm

After a few tries, I came up with this for my first attempt really. Any suggestions? =D

QuackMD
Keyboard Molesting Forum G33k

Postby QuackMD » Mon May 12, 2003 8:05 am

check out the CIB....I work for Adobe Tech support (don't support photoshop tho :( )

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... s&n=507846
Quack MD <51 Healer> Merlin/Mid Ascendancy *mostly retired*
Geriatric <50 SB> Merlin/Mid *mostly retired*
Quack <Master Combat Medic> Chilastra *retired* -Lords of Fate

Rhiandra Rangnar
Donkey Fucker

Postby Rhiandra Rangnar » Mon May 12, 2003 10:48 am

I am a Photoshop Junkie, absolutely love the proggie and am an avid user who is well adapted to the program and its tools.

I make sig cards like the one displayed for myself using photoshop for my friends and guildmates all the time.

The effects are absolutely great, so much to choose from and so many that work well together to make any card really come off crisp and clear.

Here are some helpful hints that I can give you:

1) Always sharpen your image prior to reducing the size.

2) Make sure the background scenery of your pics isnt too busy.

3) Turn names off to save yourself some time in photoshop by having to C&P over it, paint over it and smudge.

4) Take your SS's in full screen mode and in 1st person view for best detail and overall capture of effect.

If you have any Photoshop questions you can feel free to PM me, but the best way to learn that program is to jump in and get your feet wet, play with everything. :P

Any Sig Cards that say "Midgard Series" were made by me, if you play(ed) EQ I have probably made well over 200 sig tags for that game as well using PS.

If all else fails, Im sure there is a Photoshop for Dummies book available for purchase.

Have fun!
Rhiandra Rangnar
EQ ----> DAoC ----> WoW ----> boredom
[fade]Over 1 million mezzed and counting .........[/fade]

My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends -
It gives a lovely light!

Kaldz
Respectable Gimp

Postby Kaldz » Mon May 12, 2003 11:53 am

Hah snuffy :P

TO START. Easiest way to cut something out of a picture is to use the Extract tool (Filter > Extract). It doesn't always work extremely well but it's the easiest way...

Inside the Extract window, use as small a brush as you are comfortable using and highlight the edges of the object you want to cut out. Then use the fill too, and fill inside everything you want to cut out. Hit preview and see what it looks like.... if its nice, press ok!

If you start with a poor quality pic, it's hard to improve the quality. It basically involves changing the brightness and hue settings a bit (image > adjust) and zooming right in manually changing things. There are stupid little tools that supposedly help (photoshop's healing brush tool, and patch tool). Any questions, pm me here.
Kaldo/Sashai Healer/RM [not anymore!]
mkay

Return to “Tech. Monkey Board”