Star Wars MMO Launch date

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Star Wars MMO Launch date

Postby Twystyd » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:59 am

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110924

BioWare and LucasArts are pleased to announce that Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ will launch on December 20, 2011 in North America and on December 22, 2011 in the European Launch

Hopefully a server list will be out sometime in November but the classes are out now. Obviously were targeting Sith classes.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:02 am

I'm going to be a Sith Inquisitor, Assassin spec :P
DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion - Rift - GW - SW:TOR - GW2

Zera Targaryen - 80 Mesmer
Zera Giantsbane - 80 Thief
Zera Plaguewind - 80 Necro

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:50 pm

I'm leaning towards a Bounter Hunter, merc spec but still not 100%.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:16 pm

I R Beta Tester!! :P

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:32 pm

Just got a beta key also for the weekend, Stoked! :toothy10:
Gravelender AKA Elfdropper

Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.
-Bruce Lee

Jahman the blueberry Shaman - Dragonblight
Elfdroper - Merlin
Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:05 am

Let's try and get on a vent and meet up.

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:44 pm

No doubt Zera, I'd like to get at least one toon to level 10, i believe it is, to get into some warzones...

I haven't had a vent up since rift really but I'm game to hop on someone's for the weekend test for sure.

-Bruce Lee

Elfdroper - Merlin

Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:56 am

No beta here. The funny part is I got an email asking about the beta even though I am not in it. Later they sent me an email saying "Incorrect Email Distribution." Oh how they mock me <shakes>.

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:13 am

Lol yea bro everyone signed up for beta got that, looks like someone got fired for sending it out to the wrong batch of testers.

1st impressions after a long session last night. SW feels more polished than anything i have seen come out ever mmo wise. Combat is fluid and engaging, no auto attack is really nice, makes you stay on your toes, especially on melee toons.

Story is tits although the gameplay is so good i honestly couldn't care less. Worlds, at least the starting worlds i played, are pretty impressive and immersive.I didn't notice any pathing/terrain issues with player toons or companions.

Gonna try to get into a warzone today and try some pvp. :tongue10:

-Bruce Lee

Elfdroper - Merlin

Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:33 am

Elfdroper Gravelender wrote:Lol yea bro everyone signed up for beta got that, looks like someone got fired for sending it out to the wrong batch of testers.

1st impressions after a long session last night. SW feels more polished than anything i have seen come out ever mmo wise. Combat is fluid and engaging, no auto attack is really nice, makes you stay on your toes, especially on melee toons.

Story is tits although the gameplay is so good i honestly couldn't care less. Worlds, at least the starting worlds i played, are pretty impressive and immersive.I didn't notice any pathing/terrain issues with player toons or companions.

Gonna try to get into a warzone today and try some pvp. :tongue10:

Sweet bro thanks for the info and another thanks in advance for any other feedback from those that are in.

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:26 pm

Finished the testing this weekend with two level 12 toons, a Jedi consular shadow and an Imperial Agent sniper. PvP'd all day yesterday on both toons.

Huttball, Alderan warzone, and Voidstar warzone round them out. Pretty straight forward Q for warzone get in said warzone, although i will say at least in beta the Empire Q's were 3 times as long as the republics, which were instant.

PvP has a bolstering system similar to warhammer that brings up your stats to within %15 of the highest player. It is much less bursty that WoW and Rift in that there really is nothing close to 1or2 shotting someone, even if u severly outlevel them.

Classes feel REALY balanced surprisingly, I didn't feel like i had to watch out for any one class during the warzones and held my own against each class pretty evenly. I will say that ranged definately feels stronger than melee though but that's pretty much a given in pvp.

That's all i can think of on lunch break, gotta get back to work! :toothy10:

-Bruce Lee

Elfdroper - Merlin

Torch - Heretic Lamorak

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:52 pm

I'm fairly /ignore about this game

After listening to everyone bitch about war... I can't bother with listening to people get hyped up for the same shit with a new game from the same company.

rawr

Zuldar
Respectable Gimp

Postby Zuldar » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:59 pm

They brought the servers down this weekend to bring out a new build and wipe the servers. I was able to get to about 42 on my sith warrior in the 2 weeks I was able to play. I really enjoyed myself, though I think the warrior needs a little boost in dps for pvp, right now they are more of a nuisance class than being able to kill anything. The sith inquisitor is by far the best for pvp and i'm sure they will try to balance the others to where those are. I know alot of people only care about the pvp and end game stuff but I got so deep into my class quest story that I forgot about everything else going on. Granted that isn't something that will matter after you've played for a few months but it will make leveling alot more interesting than i've seen in other mmo's.
Currently Zulcatt.4782 in GW2

Formerly: Zulcatt the Sage in Asheron's Call and Ultima Online
Zuldar/Zulcatt/Zli/Unfragged/Isosceles in DAOC
Zul' the jedi in SWG
Zulcatt/Zulkatt/Zul in WOW and Rift and SWTOR
All retired

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:04 am

Yea, the more I hear from beta testers the more I lean towards Sith Inquisitor sorc spec but I still expect some class balancing. Still no beta here so I can only go by feedback.

Elfdroper Gravelender
Stoned Out Hippy

Postby Elfdroper Gravelender » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:47 am

Yea Twyst the ranged classes dominate atm...although i havent played in a few weeks. IMO from what i can tell Sorcs/Sages and Commandos and MERcenaries seem to be the strongest pvp classes. The ranged heavy dps+off-healing is just too strong in the hands of a good player.

IA's and Smugglers are strong, even though people talk shit about their cover mechanism, cover works fine and they seem to have the best burst in the game, although it comes at the price of squishiness.

SW and JK are at the bottom of the list although I will say the Jugernaught and Guardian specs seem to work well in pvp as they act like Ironbreakers/BlackOrcs from WAR, being able to recieve tons of damage through force shields and still output decent single saber dps.

In the end I expect the melee toons to have their damage increased abit alot before release to bring them up to par to the adaptability of the ranged classes.

I am re-playing KOTOR atm....classic game. Along with BF3 I hope to be occupied until release!

-Bruce Lee

Elfdroper - Merlin

Torch - Heretic Lamorak

Return to “Gaming Discussion”