So I walk into Walmart at 12:01..

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Vog
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

So I walk into Walmart at 12:01..

Postby Vog » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:49 pm

So, it's 12:01 and I'm walking into walmart and as I get to the back of the store and round the corner to the Electroics department I see 20+ odd looking people standing around. Of course their all there to pick up a new copy of WoW...

At this point the manager sees me walking up and gives me this little nod/jester to follow her. When we get a few isles over she pops two copies in my hand and say please check these out at the front of the store. I said thanks and while I was walking away, a man with his wife/gf was getting quite loud about how he was told by a manager that if he showed up at 12:00 he would be guaranteed a copy just as another emploee said.. "sorry folks we're already sold out"!...

One word came to mind as I ran my creditcard through the machine..

SUCKERS!!! :onfire:

Greak
Dickfingers

Postby Greak » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:18 am

haha
Acerra
Bard
Lance

Naturalis
Keyboard Molesting Forum G33k

Postby Naturalis » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:38 am

check my story too :)

i went to the fry's where the blizzard WoW developers were at, since its next to my house. i get there.. and theres absolutely no parking! not even o nthe side of the street.. there's pedestrians all over!

frys was having a mini rave going on. the local rock station KROQ was there playing, hotdog stands were up, they gave away tshirts, laptops, video cards posters... there was over 7000+ people there and there was 4000 copies (2000 normal, 2000 collectors).

i get in line at 11pm pst.. the line starts from the street, works its way down the street.. into the parking lot, goes behind the store, back to the parking lot, and runs around behind the store again, and back to the front. By the time i get to the front of the doorit was 4am and i was tired of standing for 5 hours, the blizzard fucks then come out and yell out that they only have 35 copies left. i was so damn lucky cus i ended up being about #3987. the people behind me only got a poster and no game.

beat that! this was the mother of all releases in the USA for WoW
Naturalis
Bugsi
Suong
Beverly

Xarkon
Ass Jammer

Postby Xarkon » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:40 am

picking my copy up in 2.5 hours when the stores open and i bet there will be aline and my friend and i can laugh at the people who are in the front of it
To Many Xark's to count

Joshll
Donkey Fucker

Postby Joshll » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:55 am

I ordered it from EB Games. Paid for 2 day delivery. Check the shipping link and see it's on a UPS truck with deliver for today. The UPS guy comes to my house about 10am usually.

Hassle free
retired

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:10 am

Had my buddy preorder a copy for me. He goes into the Gamestop on 85th and buys a copy in full, The dude says pick it up tomo, My boy gives him a cock and bull story, he gets his copy on the spot. He goes up 20 blocks to place my order. The manager sees him when he walks in and blah blah blah. Long story short he had his CE but didnt play since he has school and im picking my proroder up in a lil while.

-86.50 Q_Q
[glow=blue]
A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject
and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

Nicosia
Respectable Gimp

Postby Nicosia » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:26 am

Hah!

I was in that line at Fry's as well. Only being in San Diego it was more of a drive to get up there. When I got there at 9:30 PM (PST) the line was already from the door, around the side, across the back, up the other side of the building and then back the far end of the parking lot. Mind you they did not start selling the game until midnight. By that time the line was wrapped around the building AND parking lot 1.5 times. I was one of the last few people to get the collectors edition. All things considered it took just under 8 hours total to get the game.

Highlight of the night. Some ass was riding in in the back of a pickup as he held up a copy of the collectors edition and taunted the people standing in line. "See you in Azeroth!!!," and then promptly lost his balance and fell out of the bed into the street. 500 people laughed at him. Very amusing after standing in line for over 3.5 hours.
Nicosia 50-healer

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:39 am

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if he broke his CE I woulda fucking laughed AHAHAHAHAHA he got PickupOWNED
[glow=blue]

A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject

and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

Eirene
Ass Jammer

Postby Eirene » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:44 am

My boyfriend dragged me to Elk Grove for the only place in sac for Warcraft.

We get there at 10:30 and they only had 35 copies...We were like 9-10th people in line.

Off to EB today for Collectors :)
The message buck stops here.

Abysmal
Pathetic Chode

Postby Abysmal » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:36 am

Got mine at 7am when our small walmart opened :P
50 spiritmaster, 50 shaman, 50 shaman, 50 bard, 50 druid, 50 chanter, 50 necro, 50 minstrel, 50 healer, 50 runemaster, 60 hunter, 60 warrior, 60 druid and 60 paladin

If de bees wake up from dey dream we all die, but she die firsand de
moshorrible. He brushed frantically at his face and knocked away not
fingers but a large spider.

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:57 am

STALLOWNED!!!!
DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion - Rift - GW - SW:TOR - GW2

Zera Targaryen - 80 Mesmer
Zera Giantsbane - 80 Thief
Zera Plaguewind - 80 Necro

SuperHelix
A Salty Surprise

Postby SuperHelix » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:04 am

Why collectors? You fall for that marketing crap for $30 extra?
Gundorf the uber

Liseyth
Incompetent To0l

Postby Liseyth » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:07 pm

I reserved my copy at a ebgames store by my apartment (Note: This store opened at Midnight and I didn't have a clue). I go in and they say my name doesn't exist and they have no copy for me. I got kinda upset. So I went to the other ebgames around here at the mall hoping it was there and I made a mistake. It wasn't. SO I ended up picking up a copy there as he had an extra. I was getting mighty frustrated. Took me an hour when it should have taken me 4 minutes.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
- Albert Einstein

Mexal Tauren/Shaman
Ineluki Undead/Priest

Rhuac
Ass Jammer

Postby Rhuac » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:55 pm

I had paid in full for my copy back when I switched the preorder over from CoH. Today at lunch, walked in, told them my old phone number, signed the receipt and walked out.

Oh and I told the lady no thanks for the 20% discount on the guide. They have to be making a killing on the $80 CE and the $25 Guide... no thanks.
Rhuac
Talks Like A Gentleman

killets
Ass Jammer

Postby killets » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:59 pm

lol nats.

our friend slim (one of pink's childhood friends) was there with a handful of his coworkers. also my friend frank was there with all his little caltech phd buddies. I told him to pick me up a copy, but limit 1 :(

He was cracking up about how the line wrapped around the parking lot twice, and he was only at the front of the 2nd circle.

So you guys know, Fry's Electronics in Fountain Valley, where they held this thing, is a gigantic mega-walmart of an electronics store. Its seriously bigger than I would say, most walmarts... bigger than costco even, and it only sells electronic crap at discount. On top of that, the parking lot is bigger than the store.
pink's dad and mom are conjoined at the waist.

friend to all bwc/scourn. like it or not.

Return to “Gaming Discussion”