Bleeding Hollow (East Coast PVP) is the Official BWC Server.

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Mourningblade
Crotch Pheasant

Postby Mourningblade » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:16 pm

My only concern, is frostfang a PvP server?

Other than that, no worries.

Playing an east coast server should give us west siders a chance to solo/gather and craft when most of server is slow.

I have set up an off site "meeting" for tomorrow at 10 am (I'm the only one attending and its at the EBgames store :blush: )

LoL, I feel like such a nerd :propellerhead:

"I want to leave this world the same way I entered it....screaming and covered in someone else's blood."

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:19 pm

Lol mourning, I've got school and a job interview tomorrow, I am gonna get to class late and get to EB at around 9ish and get my shit. Wont be able to play until around 10pm though, :mad:
DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion - Rift - GW - SW:TOR - GW2

Zera Targaryen - 80 Mesmer
Zera Giantsbane - 80 Thief
Zera Plaguewind - 80 Necro

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:37 pm

If frostfangs isn't pvp, then we are playing on EC pvp 1
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Eirene
Ass Jammer

Postby Eirene » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:43 pm

Sorry I'm going west too.

Probably check out East pvp w/ The Fellowship but no real committment there.

Jeff's Gaming Clan will probably be on a Central PvP server...but not with the zergfest.
The message buck stops here.

killets
Ass Jammer

Postby killets » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:53 pm

weeeeeee

me and eirene :)

pink is basically following the insomniac games crew and is still undecided. i'm still trying to convince them otherwise.

well, the old-tno are saying central pvp, but i'm not sure that'll happen, unless they merge in with a bigger guild.

east hours just don't make sense for anyone working on the west coast, at least if you want to make it to the start of any prime time raids (6-8pm EST).

Instead of having to stay up late (which a lot of us do anyway) to make it to the end of a raid, west coast people would have to get out of work early, which just is an impossibility in most cases.

As for the [person] in the other thread who said going west was retarded, no, you're retarded for being an idiot. You can disagree with the decision, but to say it was a retarded move because you disagree with it is really quite asinine. Not like you don't have a history of quitting early either :)

TNO is not going to central. just the 5-6 ex-tno-who-moved-to-mordred are gonna try it. I doubt it'll last, unless they merge with a big guild. they just stand no chance. half of them aren't hardcore enough to compete without a larger guild support.

any other min/maxers want to join us out west?
pink's dad and mom are conjoined at the waist.

friend to all bwc/scourn. like it or not.

Supreem
Ass Jammer

Postby Supreem » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:38 pm

FUCK Blizzard and splitting up the servers by location.... its destroying our guild! Cele you wont be with us? QQ
Wiredmessiah - Eve Online

:blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8:

Pinkerton
Incompetent To0l

Postby Pinkerton » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:42 pm

I posted in the other thread, but no matter what, I'll make a PVP char wherever killets goes. i'll see how I'm going to split my time with different chars on different servers.
killets' mom has one arm. she swims in circles.

Mosthula
Oversized Douche Bag

Postby Mosthula » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:16 pm

Dont change minds again, I just finalized where my friends from Darktide AC are going to play and I just got them all to agree on Frostfang.

:onfire: :onfire:
Cthulhu - 50 ML6 - Shadowblade - Merlin (Un-Retired)
Cliibhlibh - 50 ML6 - Shaman - Merlin(Ya I actually RvR with him)
Nosthu - 50 ML3 - Zerk - Merlin
Mosthula - 50 - Minstrel - Albion Lamorak (Retired)
Mosthula - 50 - Lurikeen Champ - Mordred (Retired)

Vog
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Re: SERVER UPDATE AND TOMORROW

Postby Vog » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:46 pm

SuperHelix wrote:Mirithial (Wade), Rhuack (Will), and I are all getting copies tomorrow at midnight, I am calling around, then we can post a decision.

For now, its East Coast, FROSTFANGS.

We'll post Monday night, server name for sure.

So you East coast people, start on the East coast server, more then likely, we will be there.

WE WILL NOT BE PLAYING CENTRAL NO MATTER WHAT.

Word.

Woot! now you're talkin!

I was wondering how long it was gonna take you to step up and put an end to this West/Central BS!

I'll be online @ 1 second after the server comes up... Tauren Shaman -Kaz Grimhorn

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:00 pm

Richard to Cry alot less and loot whore alot more

imho
[glow=blue]
A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject
and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:18 pm

killets wrote:east hours just don't make sense for anyone working on the west coast, at least if you want to make it to the start of any prime time raids (6-8pm EST).

Instead of having to stay up late (which a lot of us do anyway) to make it to the end of a raid, west coast people would have to get out of work early, which just is an impossibility in most cases.

East hours make much more sense for everyone that west coast hours do, why? Because missing the beginning of a raid is virtually meaningless, because you will still be there for the majority of the raid, and 8pm est is only going to mildy effect the "typical" working person on the west coast if they get out at 5pm pst. (typically raids end up leaving later than they are suppose to anyways). Whereas doing things on the west coast times will greatly impact the east coast players, why? Because they will miss the end to virtually every raid that takes more than 1-2 hours, especially if it's started at 8pm pst. I know you want the stuff to work around your timezone because you get out of work crazy late, and have really late playing times, but the bottom line is, it's easier to miss the first 30-45 minutes of a four hour raid and just get summoned to the raid's location, than it is to miss the last two hours of a four hour raid because it's now midnight est and you have to work at 6am the next morning, which means you have to get up in five hours.

What you are failing to realize or just don't want to admit, is that for east coasters to stay up late enough to see anything fun through on a west coast server, they will have to be up until 3-4 am est, which means that they have to be college students, unemployed, or work afternoons (such at 1pm-10pm or 11am-7pm). Most of us here are adults, working normal jobs from 6-3 or 7-4 or even 9-5. Alot of us are still in school with classes starting at 7am. If the typical west coaster works the same hours as the typical east coaster (going from the morning shifts) then you miss virtually nothing of the raids and if nothing else, you still get to be there for the last 3/4 of the raid.
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:39 pm

I mentioned central because THERE WILL BE MORE THAN 1 PVP SERVER

For some reason some of you where under the assumption I was refering to the ARCHIMODE which thought I MADE CLEAR was no the server I was mentioning. But whatever, east it is.
[glow=blue]

A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject

and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

killets
Ass Jammer

Postby killets » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:52 pm

hey sirion, look at it from the other point of view:

1) no, how the hell can you join a raid after it started?

lets say you venture into a deep super high level dungeon... is the raid gonna fight back to the entrance? no. just think the old days when raiding the epic zone when we were all noob. If you're halfway through Sheeroe Hills, and you missed it for whatever reason, there was little hope of you fighting solo to, say, the glimmer king.

its not possible to make it to the start of raids.

or what if there are quests similar to the ToA master level trials? when you miss the beginning of the raid, you might as well not join the raid at all.

2)
What you are failing to realize or just don't want to admit, is that for east coasters to stay up late enough to see anything fun through on a west coast server, they will have to be up until 3-4 am est

you're basically complaining that as an east coaster, you will have to log before primetime is over on some nights. what??? on a west coast server, all the action will be going on when you log. on an east coast server, its gonna die around what? midnight eastern? how shitty is that gonna be for west coasters who just started playing?

Hey, if there are more east coasters than west coasters (only BWC should matter, people not going to stick with the program shouldn't have an opinionon where BWC goes), then fine, you have to appease the masses. But seriously, trying to rationalize it via some voodoo timetable skills is just off.

The bottom line is... west coasters, dot-commers, whatever you want to call them who get off work around 6-7pm, usually won't make it online until around 7-8pm. That is 10-11pm eastern time... If an eastern server dies around midnight to 1am, like how USWest died for me in diablo and starcraft and warcraft 3, then sorry, no amount of bullshit you can come up with will somehow convince me that the time will work for west coasters.

East coasters who sleep at around 1am for work, will miss the last hour or two of prime time (10pm). Its not debateable. but on the raids that last a bit longer until like 11-midnight, then yes, east coasters will have to stay up longer.

For a west coaster to make a complete eastern time raid, they would have to get out of work earlier, which just isn't realistic.

if there are no raids currently or ever that require people to be present for the first hour or two in WoW _AND_ you never have to fight through a dungeon, you can just be teleported to wherever you want, then yay: west coast people have the same disadvantage that east coast people have playing on opposite coasts.

3)
Richard to Cry alot less and loot whore alot more
imho

only the "have-nots" whine about it. i made all my money by leading "smart/efficient" 3 hour raids, where everyone took home 20p daily and through scroll arbitrage and market manipulation. and all in probably less time /played than most people, given that I have to work late 5 days outta the week, and don't play most weekends.
pink's dad and mom are conjoined at the waist.

friend to all bwc/scourn. like it or not.

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:17 pm

You know, arguing over this is actually pointless, I had a long post written up in response to this, but the bottom line is, I AM seeing the other side of the coin, but the "typical" working person is not getting out of work at 6-7pm, therefore you point is moot.

I want to ally with you guys because I've been in the guild over a year now, but if you want to pick another server so be it. At this point I'm just here fighting for the various members of this guild that love you guys, but have PM'd me with requests to join my guild if bwc decides to go WC, because it's impossible for them to play pst hours. And all this just because a few people are upset (and rightly so, I don't blame you, which is why I refuse to let this guild's decision of server choice effect my game play) even though some of these players haven't even been playing with the guild on their primary server for the last 6+ months.

I understand where you are comming from, and you understand where I am comming from. There is no reason to bicker about it either way. Do you want to have a bit of downtime to farm and crap after the fun raids end while missing some of the raid itself, or do you want to farm and have downtime before the raid and then get to have fun for half the raid but have to log out due to real life obligations? It's the player's choice, but I don't think the majority of the west coasters really mind considering for the past x years we have been planning raids around est to begin with.

/shrug
DAoC > WoW

Call me sir.

Psychotix
Oversized Douche Bag

Postby Psychotix » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:04 pm

Hehe as far as east vs west goes ....

I recently moved on the west coast from the east and as far as raids go I have been screwed out of EACH AND EVERY one of them because they were started by EST poeple. The only time I get on them is if I'm bot'd for the first half. By the time I get home from work which is 5 or 6 depending on my shift cook dinner... eat dinner. .... do dishes .... I'm on at either 9est or 10est. When was the last 10pm est raid held by someone from the east coast? And in all honestly sirion saying shit about joining a raid after it started was by far one of the dumbest thigns ever and you should know that once a raid has left theres rarely a chance to catch up to them after 30mins-1hour

I found that when I was living on the east coast and I had to play with my PST lance guild it was alot easier for me to do stuff their time then it is the other way around and YES I did work and attend school 6/7 days of the week.

Not that I have much say what and where you guys are going because I wont be joining you guys by why not do the 2nd Central pvp server? try to meet yourselves half way instead of bickering at each other?

Return to “Gaming Discussion”