What server is BWC on and are you all horde a presume?

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Cryhavoc
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

What server is BWC on and are you all horde a presume?

Postby Cryhavoc » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:25 pm

After 2 years of epic war on a nation scale in SB me tink i need to return home. Leaving behind a fully developed island fortress on Entrophy with a 100 npc guards. Oh how BWC could have ruled that game with their PVP prowness. But i represented with 85 toons. :)

Long live BWC.

Cryhavoc
"Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!"

Supreem
Ass Jammer

Postby Supreem » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:02 pm

Holy shit its CRY!!!! WHATUP. I dont think we have a presence on the beta servers but I do know we will be Horde. I guess we will know the server at release.
Wiredmessiah - Eve Online

:blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8:

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:32 pm

Prior to getting access to closed beta I entertained the idea of actually trying Shadowbane - never bought it after the beta lag/crashes. Anyways it was actually fun when I wasn't crashing - glad to hear you had fun there.

WoW - no firms plans on server but I think most of us are going Horde PVP east coast or central.

In beta we're not together. I've actually decided to rest until retail.

Mourningblade
Crotch Pheasant

Postby Mourningblade » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:09 pm

I'm looking forward to retail...

That said, I am under the impression that some areas are pvp free zones and rest are "neutral" where pvp is allowed.

Which areas are considered neutral?

More specifically, will crossroads area be considered neutral territory?

I was running around near sun rock retreat last night and saw a couple dwarves and dark elves, will stone talon mtns be considered "neutral"?

Just curious. I haven't experienced any pvp yet (big raid on alliance on saturday planned tho) Just curious how this will all work.

Looking forward to running with all you gimps again.

I'm leaning heavily towards a miner/engineer hunter

"I want to leave this world the same way I entered it....screaming and covered in someone else's blood."

Zoidmeister
Donkey Fucker

Postby Zoidmeister » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:49 pm

Unknown if XR is contested since mobs in that area begin at level 12 it could be a safe zone since they say 1-20 is safe.

Stone mountains unlikely. It's a 20+ zone and Alliance have tons of quests there.

I suspect Trisfal, Silverpine will be safe. In Kalimador I'm not sure.

Here is the basics...all seems fine except the "won't hurt your character" to rezz at the spirit healer. Not sure if they plan on changing this for pvp but now it's a 100% hit to dur for all carried items:

Greetings, fledgling PVPer!

The primary difference on this server is that in zones designated "contested," other players of any level, on the opposite faction, have the option of attacking you. As unsavory as this may sound, you WILL need to venture into these "contested" zones after roughly your 20th level.

Please be warned: You WILL be killed in these areas. (Some more swiftly than others.) That is the nature of these contested zones, and illustrates a fundamental difference in the two servers. In fact, sometimes the zone you wish to do may be completely overrun. You may even find all your quest mobs and shopkeepers dead. Do not be alarmed: this is not permanent.

If your faction currently holds the zone, you should be able to exp for a reasonable amount of time before dying in what many of our players refer to as a "gank." If, on the other hand, the opposing faction currently holds the zone, you will likely have to move to another spot until it is safe to return. There is no guarantee that you will be able to power through your levels in peace in these contested zones, and such is their nature.

In the likely event that you are killed at some point, you are encouraged to get your corpse as quietly as possible, and move to a different spot on the map, or a different zone altogether. This is because some players enjoy lingering by your corpse in an effort to kill you a second time when you ress yourself. They will likely be higher level than you as well. Fear not, there IS a counter!

If you are having a great amount of difficulty getting your corpse from someone higher level than yourself, first ask a higher level in the zone, or neighboring zones, for assistance. I think you will be surprised at how friendly many of your factionmates can be, especially if you explain that you are being "corpse camped."

If such a person is unavailable, and you simply cannot ress and escape without dying again, don't lose hope, you may STILL ress yourself at the soul healer. You WILL lose exp for this, but it will not cost you a level, or ruin your character. In fact, it is a very small percentage of your current exp required for the next level, and is a last resort that is very infrequently required. Still, remember that no matter what happens, this is the worst possible outcome for you in any encounter, no matter how determined someone is to "grief" you.

Now, for these reasons it may take you a longer period of time to reach the maximum level on this server, compared to the Beta server. However, when you do make it, there is a good chance you will do so with a much greater sense of pride and purpose. Namely: to extract revenge upon those who made it hard for you, or to protect members of your faction who are now coming up.

Welcome, and see you on the battlefield!

Return to “Gaming Discussion”