SERVER=RADIANT, PLANET=TALUS, CITY=DEARIC

The forum for gaming discussion and related topics
Candide
Tripped Off the Short Bus

SERVER=RADIANT, PLANET=TALUS, CITY=DEARIC

Postby Candide » Thu Jun 26, 2003 7:50 am

See title. That is just what my local crew is doing, but we will turn it into BWC if people join with us. We have about a dozen folks starting here in town today or tomorrow, and didn't have a whole lot of response on the board so we just kinda picked :)

I'll let you know for sure when I get in game, but I'm gonna be Candide unless someone beats me to it (not many use the name but there seems to be a few).

I'll see if the permanent private channels are working today and create one and invite people to it (they never worked well in beta but I didn't try for a while)
Venderic, Candide or Mercutio in games.

SuperHelix
A Salty Surprise

Postby SuperHelix » Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:45 am

I give it 28 days before you quit :)
Gundorf the uber

Candide

Postby Candide » Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:16 pm

I've already played it for 3 months and had more fun than any other game out there. It wasn't just the new wow factor, it just IS a better game. It needs more static content to go to, but heck it has more than DAoC does now, and more than most have had at launch. The worlds are huge, in game everyone loves pvp, only a few people on the beta boards whining about things that I disagree with (they want it permanent pvp and no coverts ever having pvp).

Like I said, if you only focus on one aspect of the game it may suck for you, but it has every good aspect about every other game out there, making it very complete, fun game. We've had fun not having to power level, doing all kinds of stuff including crafting. *shrug* just gotta try it and see.

My ONLY concern is longevity, will there be a reason to keep playing in 3 months? Will have to see.

Sirion
Ass Jammer

Postby Sirion » Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:43 pm

doh, eb just called me and told me that my copy was in... i told them to give it to the next person on the list, beta didnt do anything for me :/
DAoC > WoW
Call me sir.

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:45 pm

Hablo englais?

Read this post!! Gj on picking the "unofficial Spanish server" lol

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/boar ... sage.id=12

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:54 pm

Bwahahaha, this is ground breaking. It will be the first time it is BWC vs. The Language Barrier.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Candide

Postby Candide » Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:33 pm

Well, that makes every east coast server an unofficial something then. That wasn't on the official unofficial list they posted on SWG so we went for it, hehe.

Oh well. Got ingame and made my characters. Candide is me, Candi my crafter, Saphyre is Tygra. Mosthula, Hyla, and Daoiid are all in right now too.

I'll try making a perm channel. It will be a while before we can make a guild.

Akuma Kaibutsu
Keyboard Molesting Forum G33k

Postby Akuma Kaibutsu » Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:46 am

are we going for Rebels or Empire?
Forever Nameless....bitch

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform."
-Mark Twain
Wird der Affe je aufhalten? :pee:

Candide

Postby Candide » Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:14 am

Most of us are already rebel. As I said elsewhere, the jax crew are going rebel, if more bwc join and want to do empire, thats fine, but we will split off. We have a dozen active players and only 1 wanted to be empire. As long as our paths stay together I am more than happy to try and keep things running.

Supreem
Ass Jammer

Postby Supreem » Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:57 am

I'm in but haven't seen much of the game yet. I'm on Radiant/Talus like Candide said name is Supreem Chaos. I'm just curious if anyone who plays AO sees alot of similarities between these too games. I only played for about 2 hours last night but it kinda felt like I was back in Anarchy Online... maybe I just need to try some more, I'll keep playing till my free month is up and decide if I wanna keep going from there.
Wiredmessiah - Eve Online

:blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8::blob8:

Akuma Kaibutsu
Keyboard Molesting Forum G33k

Postby Akuma Kaibutsu » Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:38 pm

I see the similarities...but this is more like AO2 and then some, much more player oriented IMO

My name is Valdi Lightbender...bounty hunter in training

I like this game alot, then again I liked SB too :huh:
Forever Nameless....bitch

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform."

-Mark Twain

Wird der Affe je aufhalten? :pee:

Bulge
Drifter Gimp

Postby Bulge » Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:48 am

Hiya, Bulge here, from the frost Horde. I know Adin from the old days of SB-fanboism and he and TFH go back a long time.

Anyway, I was notified BWC was playing on Radiant, so I made my toon there too, since none of TFH is playing SWG at the moment.
I'm a bit of a loner (a lot of it, actually) but its good to know a friendly Guild in the game. :) Rebel seems the way to go, it seems there is already some Empire-organizing going on, but very little Rebel.

There is a rebel PA but they seem to be more into fashion-shows then PvP. There are some smacktalk threads going on at the Radiant forums about how imps ruined their show and wht not, funny stuff.

Anyway, if you ever hunt in the Gallo Mountains on Naboo, 3 miles South of the Lake Retreat, in the middle of nowhere, then visit my house/vendor to restock/say Hi.

Loc: -6187 -2516

CHeers!

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:08 am

Welcome Bulge. SWG is a backup game for us but we have some real nice people over there. Warcat and Tingtong seem to be a little ahead of the curve leveling wise while there is about a dozen other guys casually playing and enjoying themselves. Candide is making it clear he does not want to run a power guild and that makes sense to me as we would have to pull out of DAoC to beat the shit out of that server BWC style. Have fun my friend and happy hunting.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Zuldar
Respectable Gimp

Postby Zuldar » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:46 am

Is there a list of character names people are using there, I just started a few days ago with my friend who has been playing since retail. I didn't realise it but we are on Radiant but playing on another planet atm. Wouldn't mind getting in touch with some old friends.

Look for Zulcatt in game if you'd like to say hi

Thanks
Currently Zulcatt.4782 in GW2

Formerly: Zulcatt the Sage in Asheron's Call and Ultima Online
Zuldar/Zulcatt/Zli/Unfragged/Isosceles in DAOC
Zul' the jedi in SWG
Zulcatt/Zulkatt/Zul in WOW and Rift and SWTOR
All retired

Candide

Postby Candide » Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:32 am

Cool...
I'm candide with a tailor named candi (was venderic on andred)
Tygra=brook/saphyre
mosthula
nikolaos
hyla=desmo/hyla
daoiid
kestau=khronus/ronfar
despero=gorilla
warrat=warcat
supreem
zultar/zolita=strumdor
akuma=valdi

I think thats it for regular players you might recognize. We have a PA up and running. Tygra and despero are on the most it seems.

Return to “Gaming Discussion”