BWC's Gaming Present and Future Update

BWC announcements and broadcasts.
Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

BWC's Gaming Present and Future Update

Postby Twystyd » Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:35 pm

We are having a lot of gamers ask what BWC is up to currently and plans to do in the future. Instead of spending 15 min. creating an appropriate post that would adequately explain what we are thinking, I will piece together past conversations to do so. This allows everyone interested to hear what BWC is planning to do and is currently doing (in the world of gaming) from other BWC members besides myself.

Conversations about BWC gaming future -

Fardomar writes -
Hey you guys. How is everyone doing? I am thinking about coming back to DAoC. Just wanted to know if BWC is still playing on MID/MERLIN? Do you guys plan on being there for awhile? What future plans does BWC have?

Gorilla writes -
some left some moved some playing other games some killin time till something tickles their fancy

I just recently started playing on RAMUH with a bunch of ED and i met some Fellowship guys from merlin as well

GM SuperHelix writes -
holy crap Fard, hello.

Mid Merlin and Hib Lance for DAOC.

Some still on Mordred as well.

Honestly, we will move in mass for WoW, until then its spread out.

I am mainly on Hib Lance atm.

Fardomar writes -
Gundorf, just curious why WoW? I have been following several games, WoW not being one of them. Guess I will take a look at it.

I just left the Horizons BETA, I'll be nice and won't say anything about it.
I'll play whatever you guys end up playing..

GM SuperHelix writes -
Fard, WoW seems to be the next enjoyable game people will play together..also everything else has had crappy reviews from my beta tester friends or even myself.
Horizons the same.

Conversation Link

Seventhorn writes -
"Ok I have been curious lately. I hear alot of people are talking about going to WoW when it comes out. I hear that BWC is moving there. Im not saying that the guild will but I wanted to know what the direction of this guild is."

Joshll writes -
"Who knows if WoW will be good? Lets wait and see. There will be lots of people that try it regardless of if it is good.

Planetside was supposed to be the next big thing. Most of the guild was bored within a month. I don't know many that play it anymore.

Shadowbane was supposed to be the next big thing. I don't know anyone that still plays.

Star Wars Galaxy was supposed to be awesome! Sure doesn't sound awesome to me. And I don't know very many that are currently enjoying it.

There are the internet board fanboi's that want to believe oh so bad that WoW will be awesome. Maybe it will maybe it won't. It will probably be worth trying but it won't sustain itself unless the PVP is good. And I haven't heard anything that makes me think it's PVP will be better than DAOC. I haven't heard anything at all that makes me think the PVP will be any good at all. I'm afraid it will be a PVE game.

We'll see though. Blizzard never releases bad games, the million dollar question is will it be a great PVP game or a great PVE game?

I sure could use a new game.... But there just isn't a better one out there yet."

Bulor (Testpig) writes -
if you look at the history of all Blizzard games.. they pretty much all have PvP, even diablo 1 the basic RPg mmorpg game had a PvP element.. so you can be assured that WoW will have it as well. bliizard is smart. they know what ppl want.. like.. and need.

as for BWC and WoW.. you won't have to worry about that for a loong, long time.. (a year +) WoW is still in internal Alpha.. then it will be in external alpha, which will last for about 6 months.. then beta which will last for another 4 months..... so you got ALOT of time in DAOC.. and like always.. there will be core members that don't leave.

so fear not =) you'll always find a group in bwc =)

GM SuperHelix writes -
BWC will be in DAOC for a while.

It has branched off to Scourn on Alb Guin (not many people) and mostly old BWC to Hib Lance...

Next 2 games I see Lineage 2 and WoW, but not for a while with betas as well.

Expect all of us to be here.

D/Gun

BWC is currently enjoying experiences upon multiple servers within DAoC (other games) and a more casual, relaxed pace. I look forward to gaming once more with other BWC members and unleashing the full might of Bloodwinter Clan upon a new game with refreshed vigor. WoW for the time being seems to be the game of choice and is already being Alpha tested by some of our members. We are also conversing with Angelic-Fury and several other guilds on the prospect of a future gaming alliance. Good hunting ~
Last edited by Twystyd on Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Bulor
Ass Jammer

Postby Bulor » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:19 pm

change all my PvE in my post to PVP PVP PVP!!! nerf typos!
DAOC-SOLD
Lieph (heal)/ Sapporo & Djur(Sham)/ Qute & Brail(SBs)/ Bulor (war)/ Blackroc (ska)/ Antigun & Antigunn (SMs)
WOW-SOLD
Lieph (Warlock) / Vexi (Hunter)
WAR- CLOSED BETA!

Kirt
Ass Jammer

Postby Kirt » Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:48 am

lineage2
Daoc - Devon cluster / killibury cluster

WoW - 60 warrior - 49 warlock

X- Cleric - http://members.cox.net/dsquared10/DAOCKIR.jpg

Cryhavoc
Ub3r Albino Board Troll

Postby Cryhavoc » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:33 pm

I will join BWC on WoW. BWC going ORC i assume? WW2 had a real BWC clan FYI. Let me know

Cryhavoc
"Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!"

Phineas
Proud Defender of the 19th Hole

Postby Phineas » Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:20 pm

I want to make a Dwarven Warrior, but everyone wants to play Horde :(

War:Cat/Rat/Bird
Oversized Douche Bag

Current Game

Postby War:Cat/Rat/Bird » Sun Dec 21, 2003 4:28 am

Prince of Persia!

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:05 am

WARCAT

/snuggle :)
[glow=blue]
A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject
and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

Mourningblade
Crotch Pheasant

Postby Mourningblade » Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:29 am

Hey warcat

Where you been hiding lately??

"I want to leave this world the same way I entered it....screaming and covered in someone else's blood."

killets
Ass Jammer

Postby killets » Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:07 pm

we miss wahahaha on lance.
pink's dad and mom are conjoined at the waist.

friend to all bwc/scourn. like it or not.

Return to “BWC Guild News”