Sirion and Others

The place for discussions, thoughts, ideas, or even mindless chatter. Everyone is welcome.
Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Sirion and Others

Postby Twystyd » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:58 am

Hey Sirion can you do me a favor and check out the status of your crew? Zera are you playing somewhere else? Chubz you playing at all mang? Anyone I'm missing? Guys and gals we have all of two weeks before the launch of War. Please let me know who is and is not playing with us so we can adjust the user groups and access on the boards. Thanks.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer. -Woody Allen

Zeratulx
Pathetic Chode

Postby Zeratulx » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:23 am

As of yet I do not know what I am doing. I will let you know by the end of the week. I HATE Order, none of the toons really appeal to me and with the way things are going to be run with nothing but tanks and healer groups I see no reason to play a caster or ranged dps class like a Shadow Warrior. I would actually consider playing a Shadow Warrior but if I am going to treated like a second rate citizen then why bother. In DAOC when we were running groups I used my Rune Master as my Shadowblade was not a group class and we all agree on that but in WAR you would think casters would be welcomed in groups but from what I have been reading on the EF forums they are more than likely going to be shunned for tanks. To counter this and get in a group I rolled a Witch Elf which if specced properly has a 50% healing debuff but was then later told by the "authority" Witch Elfs would more than likely not be brought to groups because once again, tanks do it better.

Now I am all for doing what's best for the guild but when we're shutting out more than 50% of the classes in group rvr it's kind of upsetting as if you want to run in a group you need to be "x" class.

I figured it was going to come to this as the fotm tanks are out dps'ing mdps classes. When I confronted the "authority" about this I was told that we would see how things would play out but it seems things are already set in stone as to how groups will be setup. If we were playing Destro I would no doubt play the Shaman as my main but since it was decided that we are playing Order I really have no desire to play Order.

Now I know groups/6v6 are not going to be the only aspect to this game. I will take part in what ever I choose whether it be a gank group, a keep siege or a keep defense. We all can choose what it is that we want to do in the game. If we're going to be strictly focusing on 6v6 combat and not doing any keep siege at all why bother? There is so much more to the game than just 6v6. What I am trying to say is that I fucking hate Order just like you yourself said Twyst regarding the Bright Wizard " I can't see myself playing or taking a class seriously with Bright in it's name, what is this My Little Pony". Order leaves a bad taste in my mouth, if we were playing Destro you are god damn right I would be in the mix on my Shaman but since that is not the case I don't know what I will be doing yet and will let you know by the end of this week.
DAOC - WoW - AoC - WAR - Aion - Rift - GW - SW:TOR - GW2

Zera Targaryen - 80 Mesmer
Zera Giantsbane - 80 Thief
Zera Plaguewind - 80 Necro

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:44 am

Hey bro I understand all the concerns. Ive always said you need to play for fun first and let shit sort itself out. And yes Bright Wizards and anyone that plays them are fucking gay, I still stick to that. I fortunately enjoy the melee classes in this game so I'm going IB and probably a ranged dps for keep siege and defense. To be honest I'm really just trying War out to play with friends. The rest of the shit is just different pixels in what I hope is not going to be an Epic Fail like AoC. If this flops I'm w/ Nailzz and giving all games 60 days of retail before I commit to any new shit and let others convince me that a game is worth trying.
Although detractors decry (MMA) as a brutal, bloody form of human cockfighting, aficionados know it is a brutal, bloody, totally fucking awesome form of human cockfighting. -The Onion

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:39 pm

If this is viewable by the public then move it. But from what im looking at in 4.1 it seems MDPS is hitting a fuck load harder. Granted this is only the entry level shit as 4.1 is restricted. But when I tooled on the PW and I saw tanks not in RR6 gear they where still able to hold there own.

Furthermore it seems with 4.1 healers are getting destroyed by MDPS, if you have just one on you you are toast. Ive gotten lucky a few times spamming heals but for the most part its not looking good.

So food for thought. If you want the short end of it.

4.1 =
Tanks less durable.
MDPS hitting fuck harder.
Healers easier to kill.

Dont quote me but thats what its feeling like as im testing.

EDIT: Never mention AoC Law, it is never to be spoken of again. Heed my words or be struck down.
[glow=blue]
A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject
and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:36 pm

Thanks Hall keep the info coming and no worries the DoG is private. Those are sorely needed changes and I guess well need to keep testing out the changes.

Sectoid
Pathetic Chode

Postby Sectoid » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:05 pm

Eh, I did a decent amount of PvPin last night when they brought up the servers on a SH and Zealot.

From initial observations tanks are definetely easier to kill, with my SH I was actually doing decent damage against teams stacked with IB's and SM. If I could keep them away from me, I could take one down in a respectable amount of time. I would imagine the biggest reason is probably the nerf to RR gear as I could hardly dent an IB before as anything but a sorc.

On my Zealot I was pretty much unkillable. 2 Detaunts, 1 with reduction of AP cost, insta heal, shield. I really would not die unless I had a large amount of melee on me or 1-2 BW's got some back to back crits. Maybe the Order melee are just weaksauce compared to Maraudar/WE, not really sure. I was also running with 2 Chosen and a Maraudar, but neither of the tanks had a snare or guard so I can't imagine they helped with my survivability much besides being big targets.

Magus still seem like a shitastic Engineer. Makes me wonder who the genius was that thought a clothie, with terrible PBAE/AOE, and no group utility is worth being in the game, but not a Choppa/Blackguard :sleepy: .

BTW, there seems to be a workaround for people to play on the Test Server for anyone that's set up an account if anyone is itchin' to try out the new patch.
Kandar/Hamback

Hall
The Bionic Puerto Rican

Postby Hall » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:22 pm

Currently playing a SM, I cannot for the life of me kill a shaman or Zealot. They can actually outdps at this phase. However its looking like WH and SH are ripping clothies pretty decently.

I should be about ready for my RR gear gonna grab some and see what happens. But like Sectoid said Tanks are a hell of alot easier to kill now.
[glow=blue]

A WoW Nerd, A DaOC Reject

and a sociopath[/glow]

[glow=blue]"Fucking Doughnut!!!!!, Mock Me??,You Fried Cyclops"[/glow]

Keabit Guinness
Donkey Fucker

Postby Keabit Guinness » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:34 pm

"If this flops I'm w/ Nailzz and giving all games 60 days of retail before I commit to any new shit and let others convince me that a game is worth trying." -Twystyd

Exactly where I stand atm. Too busy with work and still ,suprisingly, enjoying some parts of WoW. But if I hear great things by November, I'm probably in.
Maybus-Ranger-Aion

Journeyman Electrician

I have never been an enthusiast of the more obscure holidays like “Groundhog Day.” This type of holiday made more sense long ago when Doppler radar was not available and faith in groundhogs was stronger.

barbos
Cock Clown

Postby barbos » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:53 pm

Since we were going order, I was probably going to be a shadow warrior or some non-flavour of the month class. Does this mean I can't play with the big boiz? :(

Augomatic
Pathetic Chode

Postby Augomatic » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:44 pm

Roll what you want.

Doing something stupid like an all tank/healer group is just setting yourself up for fail. If thats what happens, you'll have a fun month of rolling everything, only to be horribly neutered when they nerf tanks and/or healers.

If thats whats been going on in the other games, that might explain why the guild hasn't been holding up past a month in most games. In fact, I might even go so far out on a limb to say pick the worst class in the game and go with that, they'll boost it quite a bit eventually! :)

Sectoid
Pathetic Chode

Postby Sectoid » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:51 pm

Augomatic wrote:In fact, I might even go so far out on a limb to say pick the worst class in the game and go with that, they'll boost it quite a bit eventually! :)

Usually what I do, almost always pays off :biggrin:
Kandar/Hamback

Twystyd
A Salty Surprise

Postby Twystyd » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:44 am

If thats whats been going on in the other games, that might explain why the guild hasn't been holding up past a month in most games. In fact, I might even go so far out on a limb to say pick the worst class in the game and go with that, they'll boost it quite a bit eventually!

That's retarded. In War it takes about a third as long to level as in WoW. Setting yourself up for failure just so you can wait and hope they pop out a balance patch someday is a lose. A lot of guilds bailed on AoC not just Epic Fail. On Deathwhisper FFA all the top guilds worth anything including us "officially" left months ago.

Barbos, just like I told Zera play what you want. Your biggest hurdle in playing with the "big boys" will be hitting the hard cap so focus on that first and worry about the rest later.

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:13 am

By all means roll whatever you want fellas, we will have social ranks in the guild just for that reason.

Not everyone has the time commitment nor the desire to be a team player in group competitive play, it's totally understandable.

There will be plenty of zerg groups and guild pugs that will take any class, so you will see your fair share of RvR.

Stacking cookie cutter groups with the best classes and utility is not something BWC did, which is why Epic Fail.... is not BWC.....

Rishug
Incompetent To0l

Postby Rishug » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:31 am

What is the process for "retired BWC" to join up in OB and beyond? Are there requirements to join the guild as it is today? Personally, I do not play MMOs hardcore anymore, so I will be playing very casually. I can always join up with a more casual guild if there is no room for casuals though.

Tingtong
Ass Jammer

Postby Tingtong » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:06 am

A majority of BWC who is joining us are pretty casual as well. We will have socials who are friends of the core players. Standard is 2-weeks inactivity and you get the boot from the roster.(unless posted on the boards for vacation etc) The only requirements for level curves, etc... will be on those core players.

A majority of the people I game with come on as "Casual" and end up being more hardcore then me :P

Return to “Public Discussion”